No Go Zone Muslim neighboerhoods , here ?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (39 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 9 years ago

Anyone  know about these neighborhoods around the world including America ? 
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12122059.gif

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The only muslim country i know who has all those no no's is Saudi A. They chopped off 19 Heads awhile ago.

I'ts OK they are floading
      America with oil and less
      friendly with Canada again.

1. PhoenixV profile image64
        PhoenixVposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Have you considered that it might not be about oil at all?  Could it be possible that the world is run by powerful factions and these factions delegate power or control regional populace. Instead of turning a blind eye, because of cheap oil, a faction supports another faction, regardless of assumed fundamental ideological differences, because it serves a common cause of controlling regions and populations.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this
    3. PhoenixV profile image64

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/Use_of_Sharia_by_country.svg/940px-Use_of_Sharia_by_country.svg.png

Within Sharia law, some crimes known as the hudud crimes, for which there are specific penalties specified by Islam. For example, fornication is punished by stoning, the consumption of alcohol by lashing, and theft by the amputation of limbs. Many predominantly Muslim countries have not adopted hudud penalties in their criminal justice systems.[2] Ali Mazrui stated that "most Muslim countries do not use traditional classical Islamic punishments".[3] The harshest penalties are enforced with varying levels of consistency.[4] The use of flogging is more common compared to punishments like amputations.[3]

The adoption and demand for sharia in the legal system of nations with significant Muslim-minorities is an active topic of international debate, and an active goal of Islamist movements globally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applicatio … by_country

1. rhamson profile image72
        rhamsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

With what you say what is the difference between Sharia and Mosaic law? Stoning was a means by which early Jews punished adultery. The old "eye for an eye" system of punishment was fully active before the Islamists came into play. Why is stoning a common theme between the two diverse religions? Because it was a cultural ideology that was in place. Why do many Islamists live in free societies? Because they are free of the cultural dogmas that pervade the region. I know of many devout Islamists from Saudi Arabia that go outside the country to drink and party with less than reputable women.

The portrayal of Islamists as Sharia touting perverts is not as you make it to be. Even if it were the aberration you claim, in a free society you are allowed to promote whatever religious or cultural distortions you wish. It is up to the people living in these areas to be aware and vote accordingly. But we Americans would rather choose the lazy as usual route and wait for something to become a crisis before mobilizing the alarmist short sighted reactions to such happenings.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image85
          oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Rhamson, you said to his quotes from wikipedia,

"The portrayal of Islamists as Sharia touting perverts is not as you make it to be. Even if it were the aberration you claim, in a free society you are allowed to promote whatever religious or cultural distortions you wish."

This seems unfair at best.  You make it sound like he said what you said he said, but it doesn't logically follow.  I have found its better to ask, if unsure, rather than to run with assumptions that are actually not fair to the person you are responding to.  The whole second paragraph echoes that, assuming laziness and the "usual route."  This is assuming the worse of a person quoting some facts.  Therefore, I don't find your statements to be fair or factual.

It is your choice but you also hinge your argument on a Wikipedia description of the facts. I might suggest to you that you are suffering from that which you accuse others. Wikipedia is not the end all be all descriptor of the facts.

Rhamson, I can appreciate what you say there, but that is a different discussion really, as I see it.  For you didn't go after the facts at all in the wikipedia write up, but after the persons intentions and motivations that shared it.  That was what I didn't find fair or reasonable really.

You bring up a fair point, as wikipedia may be totally wrong on any number of given topics!  I don't view wikipedia as an end all to knowledge, but it is often a go to for a brief refresher on all kinds of topics.

If what was shared from wikipedia is therefore so wrong or incorrect about the laws in question, wouldn't it be good to give a better article, or some information here to us to correct that erroneous information, IF it is erroneous?  Then we would be having some real discussion, and some real learning about these very serious subjects.  I hope to consider myself a reasonable person, and will listen to anything as a possible idea offered up for examination, or multiple ones.  I think the desire for most all here, is to gain a better understanding.

My greater concern, and that response by you would echo the possible truthfulness of this concern, is that people don't really want to talk about these core issues, as they actually are.  That might be the very crux of this whole larger debate, and fears many have (and rightly so) for what we see going on on the world.  So as for choices, you didn't choose to correct the article's misinformation, and I would encourage you to do so now, if that is where the error actually lies.  Doesn't that seem fair?

You should study up on Islam to understand the spread of Sharia law. It originated out of the Hadith. This was an oral translation of the prophets conversations and explanations. It was where the Quran was based on as it was recorded well after his death. Such sects as the Sunnis and the extremist Wahhabis' have made it the staple of their religion in defiance of western cultural influences. As more of the world's population become Muslim the Sharia law is also gaining strength as their law. Is this fair to other countries that are say Hebrew or Christian? As these societies have more open freedoms with religion a large amount of Muslims are settling into foreign countries and want to practice their forms of Islam. What are we to do to combat the harsh laws and withdrawal of women's freedoms as a result? We need to be "AWARE" and not "LAZY" with how our government accepts the donations and support of their Superpacs who want a say in our system.

No, it is not fair to Hebrew or Christian countries.  I think one good thing to do when discussing these things, is to be as fair as we possibly can, and illuminate the truth, on all sides of the issues.  This is what some are trying to do in this thread, it seems to me.  I do encourage more helpful dialogue.  Pointing out what the laws are, that are trying to be forced into new societies where it isn't welcome, is also a good thing.  Who are you suggesting is being lazy, and not aware?

... Who are you suggesting is being lazy, and not aware?....

Most of America. Just go out and quiz anybody on the street and see what responses you get. The last election had a 37% turn out. Was it that they agreed with everyone running? No! They don't give a damn is what that stated. You hear all the hoopla over the illegal immigrant issues and the bilingual turn of society where in some classrooms around the country the course is taught in Spanish. Why is it not an issue? Because most of America either doesn't care or they don't worry about it because somebody else will figure it out for them. We have a dummy down society movement starting with the so called news that either is some social content or a commercial waiting to break with a news story. The politicians feed us a load of divisive propaganda while they fleece the treasury and make congress a irrelevant. Am I worried about being able to get my consumables and going to war over it? You can answer that yourself.

2. Quilligrapher profile image74
                  Quilligrapherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How goes it Rhamson. It is nice to see you are still active in this forum.

The subject of Sharia Law is quite similar to the poster displayed in the opening post. Both are symbols that Islamophobes use to provoke fear in the minds of the naive and ill-informed. It is a tactic that exploits widespread ignorance of Islam in order to convince other Americans that Muslims are poised to take away their freedom. How strange it is to see more hoopla over Sharia Law in 2015 than we saw over The Patriot Act in 2001.

Today, several separate and parallel legal frameworks co-exist here in the USA. Each has its own area of influence and each contains mechanisms that apply when they conflict with each other. We have constitutional laws, statutory laws, treaties, administrative regulations, and common laws. Consider, also, that this encompasses separate federal and state contract, tort, property, criminal, business, corporate, and family laws. Before all of those legal structures matured, America relied on English Common law and precedent. But even this is not the full picture. {1}

Less we forget, many Americans also voluntarily subject themselves to a variety of religious laws among them Roman Catholic Canon Law, Orthodox Jewish Law, Kosher regulations, Tribal Laws and other forms of structured and binding mediation.

Nearly 200 Roman Catholic diocesan tribunals handle a large number of cases, including an estimated 15,000 to 20,000 marriage annulments each year. {2}

American Jews, particularly the Orthodox, who often view Jewish law (halakhah) as governing nearly every aspect of daily life, use rabbinical courts to obtain religious divorces, resolve business conflicts and settle other disputes with fellow Jews. 

The African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church's ecclesiastical law is outlined in its Book of Discipline which is applied to its lay members.

First Nations government in Canada, various associations of Native American bands in the United States, and the governing bodies for certain tribes within the United States all exercise some level of legitimate authority through tribal councils. {3}

The list of legal alternatives in this country is virtually endless. The most important point to note, however, while all of these examples of legal structures are operating in North America today, the biggest threat to our liberty and freedom actually came from the US Congress in 2001.

Is Sharia Law a threat to US freedom or its legal system?

U.S. courts already recognize Sharia law in areas like commercial contracts, divorce settlements, wills and estates. Islam does not permit Muslims to pay interest on their debts. Therefore, banks readily modify the terms and language of their mortgages. Lenders have not had to sacrifice a dime to comply with these Sharia conditions.  There is no valid justification for the fear and the bias expressed by so many Americans.  Marc Stern, a religion law expert at the American Jewish Committee, is a voice of reason heard above the din of panic stricken, anti-Islamic voices in America.  “"And just as the Catholic Church didn't take over law when large numbers of Catholics [came] to the U.S., and Jewish law doesn't govern Jewish citizens, Sharia law is not going to govern, except voluntarily, the rights and responsibilities of Muslim citizens of the United States," Mr. Stern has said. {4}

Some Catholic Americans go to confession with a priest, other Christian Americans get dunked in tanks of water to be born again, and some American born Muslims go to a mosque to settle private disputes according to Sharia law. Tolerating the first two while living in fear of the third is simply religious ignorance.

Unfortunately, some Americans try to spread fear of Sharia law in their quest to convince the rest of us that our Constitution is about to be shredded by an evil, foreign adversary bent on subverting our fundamental ideals. Sharia-phobia is rampant and, like many a spore, it grows best in a poorly lit mind.

Sharia has been a functioning facet of the law in both Israel and India, two of America's long-standing democratic allies. In both countries, Sharia law is a bridge between their colonial past and their multicultural present. It governs issues of personal law for Muslim citizens, like marriage and divorce. It is not, however, superior to existing criminal laws, which are uniform for all citizens.

Sharia courts have been government funded in Israel since the nation’s beginning. They are fashioned after the Ottoman Empire’s millet system in which separate religious communities lived by their own rules. India is the world’s largest democracy and it applies sharia law to personal status issues among Muslims who account for about 20-percent of its population.

In both countries, decisions based on Islamic law can be appealed to higher courts, which can overturn sharia rulings that are in conflict with basic rights or other laws. Given that Israel and India have openly applied sharia law for over sixty years should at least suggest to any reasonable, open minded person that this scary, foreign-sounding concept is really not as terrifying as many Anglo-extremist would like us to believe.

It is extremely unlikely that Sharia law will ever be enforced to any significant degree in the USA. First Amendment principles will resist every attempt to impose religious laws on all. That having been said, however, the First Amendment also guarantees the free exercise of religion, thus leaving open the option for some level of voluntary submission to Sharia as an expression of religious beliefs.

Sadly, the wholesale demonization of sharia is just another despicable wave of anti-Muslim sentiment. Narrow minds are defining Sharia by only the worst abuses committed in its name. They irrationally ignore the more complex reality that Islam, like Judaism and Christianity, is subject to many different interpretations.

Americans who live in fear of Islamic tradition need to learn that there are a gazillion ways to apply Sharia law that do not interfere with US legal traditions. The legal systems in both Israel and India are living proof that democracy and sharia laws can co-exist. All it will take is a shared sense of fairness, respect for the traditions of others, and the mutual desire to make the system work. Muslims in America have a constitutionally protected right to practice their religion. With that comes the right to have voluntary access to sharia remedies that do not deprive them or others of their constitutionally protected liberties.

I am hoping you have a most pleasant day, Rhamson. If I may, I will leave you with these words:
                  "This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance." {5}
                  http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg
                  {1} https://www.boundless.com/political-sci … -500-5814/
                  {2} Canon Law Society of America. 2011. “Proceedings of the Seventy-Third Annual Convention.” Page 337.
                  {3} http://www.usa.gov/government/State-Loc … cils.shtml
                  {4}
                  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor … =129731015
                  {5} Franklin D. Roosevelt, Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933,

Good post! My only concern is the political landscape that allows opportunity based on contributions to any particular representative. If we remain vigilant may not be enough as greed is brought into play.

2. PhoenixV profile image64

in Paris, France. They killed 12 people, including the editor Stéphane "Charb" Charbonnier, 7 other Charlie Hebdo employees, and 2 National Police officers, and wounded 11 others. Charlie Hebdo had attracted attention for its controversial depictions of Muhammad (the Islamic prophet).

November 2012, seven Egyptian Christians were sentenced to death for their role in the anti-Mohammad movie Innocence of Muslims.[23]

If the goal of terrorists and sharia law, is to silence people with it's blasphemy laws and to kill people or give out death penalties to people that criticize mohammad and/or islam, does labeling people islamophobes aid their goal?

2. Silverspeeder profile image61
    Silverspeederposted 9 years ago

Coming to a city near you soon.

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Long time no speak Silver!
      I was surprised to learn this week that you are Muslim, after all you do live in Birmingham which according to Sky News is an entirely Muslim city were none Muslims do not go!

1. Quilligrapher profile image74
        Quilligrapherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

roll
        Mr. Emerson has issued an apology to Birmingham UK for his "terrible error". The Fox News Network later explained that they think Mr. Emerson meant to say Birmingham, Alabama! lol
        http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-30773297
        http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

1. John Holden profile image60
          John Holdenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

I would bet it was made as a scare tactic by Islamiphobes rather than a real thing.

Saudi's chop off more heads than ISIS and have strickier rules than other Muslims countries.

There was 15 Saudi's on those planes on the 9/11 attack. Yet America has a personal relationship with them because of cheap oil.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If that is a reply to my comment, I don't see the relevance.  I don't think the sign is real.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

I'm calling B.S. on it. For one thing, "Sharia" is misspelled, there shouldn't be an extra "h" at the end.

Somebody probably whipped that up in photoshop, hoping that people would freak out and start passing it around Facebook as if it were a 'real' thing.

LO LO LO LO

You maybe right

2. Marketing Merit profile image93
      Marketing Meritposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It can be spelled as Shari'ah or Shariah also.

3. PhoenixV profile image64

So all these banners, posters and flyers and all the people holding them are all just photoshops?

https://www.google.com/search?q=shariah … p;tbm=isch

This is shocking, it's a good reason why I'm not religious.

5. oceansnsunsets profile image85
    oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years ago

No,  I have not heard of it thankfully in America.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
    DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years ago

I think it's fake.
    And they'd bloody well better not even think of pulling that kind of stunt here in the US!  We are still a (mostly) free country, and no religion "owns turf" in any area.  I think they'd get their own butts whipped if they tried such a thing here!

If this poster was in all of the U.S. sin cities in the new Sodom and Gomorrah, U-bet-yah. God will judge these cities so severely, yet I won’t.

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

I am very aware.  I am aware of Muslims I have lived near and known in three different countries and not one of them has the slightest interest in moving away from being a totally secular society.  Not something I can say of all of the Christians of my acquaintance, as it happens.

In my normal life I have been made to take part in Christian prayer, I have seen massively Christian displays paid for by my local government and apartment association, and I have had people try to convert me to Christianity more times than I can count. I have had Christian lobbying trying to stop what services I can get under my health insurance (e.g. birth control) and try to prevent my sister from marrying her partner. The Bible determines what times I get off work rather than the days culturally significant to me. Whenever I mention these things I am treated like a ridiculous or radical extremeist.

Islam has never influenced my normal private and work activities in any way whatsoever despite every community I was in including a significant number of Muslims.  So... no, Sharia law is not something I anticipate ever applying to me.  Meanwhile Biblical rules of conduct tangibly effect me every single day.

To be clear, we are speaking of laws in a society, where if you break them, there can be very severe consequence.  We know this when we look to where they are now being enforced.   I personally have never lived in a society like that.

2. oceansnsunsets profile image85

I don't think anyone is talking about sharia law that isn't being imposed right now, in freedom loving countries, AS if it were.  This is the whole point. 

I don't expect anyone in this thread, has had to deal directly in any way, shape or form, (not yet hopefully) with what the OP is actually about.  If they had been imposed on in such ways or punished, some of the defense of the idea of Sharia law coming into our societies I am seeing,  would likely not be a true response to such a thing.

3. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 9 years ago

One thing about the difficulties of socio-religious diversity and the growing pains there-of  ,   All the more reasons for the reasonable  evolving of  immigration controls .   The quite liberal  reasoning behind the all inclusive  social clubs of  the modern  immigration world , needs some serious rethinking !     If Islam is so great , why in the world do they have more social , criminal and political problems than the west ?   The middle east , for all its  "cradle of mankind"  descriptions   , is actually an  extremely  unstable , violent  place to live . Who can deny this ?

And before anyone puts the all important  politically correct  "one size fits  all" , blame on Christianity !  answer that question for me !

Not true about more crimes or more war than the U.S.  Have you ever traveled the Middle east or had a Muslim friend?

2. PhoenixV profile image64

On another similar note- Christians and Christianity is often labeled as being homophobic. Yet I (a christian) am objecting to this below, while others label people islamophobic for even criticizing things like this.

Meanwhile...

According to the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) seven countries still retain capital punishment for homosexual behavior: Afghanistan, Mauritania, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Yemen. The situation in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is that is punished by corporate or capital punishment, depending on the region. http://tinyurl.com/o4vfozz

I wonder what explains this blatant, conspicuous, glaring, obvious, flagrant inconsistency?

4. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 9 years ago

That is down from 9 Countries and only ones for death. There is just many christian countries make gays illegal,yet do not kill them. Not sure, i think there is 5 Muslim countries athest are put to death. Maybe athests and gays should form a group, since they would make up half of the Muslim population.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)