Timing with applying for Earning Programs the first time

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)
  1. agnes elmira profile image69
    agnes elmiraposted 8 years ago

Hi All

I currently have 7 featured hubs with one pending review for a possible 8th. due to my chronic illness, it takes all I have just to get the writing itself done an ready to publish. for this reason, all of my hubs include one single text box with writing alone and NO photos, web links, videos, etc for  dynamic "color" that is preferred in the high quality hubs. However. almost all of them include references to books and movies. So my original plan was to finish my 10 featured hubs with writing ONLY, then go back and quickly add in all the "color" to all ten, THEN apply for all my earning programs. my fear was the possibility of getting rejected for any or all of the earning programs on first pass, which may interfere wit my ability to be accepted to these programs after more improvements are made.

But now I'm thinking of taking a different approach: finish my 10 pieces with writing only, apply for the earning programs, then relax and take my time going back to each hub starting with the latest one first, and making total improvements. Add additional text capsules each with a subtitle, photos, web links, quote boxes and whatever additional capsule may be called for any given hub for highest quality.

So now I'm asking the crowd which is the better approach for faster acceptance to any or all of the earning programs?

Thanks

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

An approved Google AdSense account is necessary for most of the earning programs.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#hep-requirements

Currently, it looks like Google wants 15-20 featured Hubs and an account that is a month old or older before they are likely to approve an AdSense application. Otherwise, it is likely to be rejected for "insufficient content".

Once you have 15-20 featured Hubs, then you can apply for Google AdSense.

2. SouradipSinha profile image84
      SouradipSinhaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hello,
      If you want to get AdSense easily, then do the following steps-
      1. Create an YouTube profile.
      2. Upload an original video (they accept any video)
      3. Apply for AdSense.
      4. After you're approved, link that e-mail id with HubPages.

Let me know after you've successfully got AdSense with HP.
      Thanks smile

agnes elmiraposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your reply.

2 things:
        1- do you mean a video that I record myself of myself?
        2- are you saying that I if go this direct YouTube route, that I will get an AdSense account regardless of the number of featured hubs I have or whether any of them contain additional material than just writing?

1. SouradipSinha profile image84

Yes, you will have to upload an original video (shot by you) to YouTube and then apply, you will get approved by AdSense (Via YouTube)

Then you can connect that email-id with HubPages and you'll start earning.

Hey. Thanks for the reply!
            I'm new at this and it seems a little too good to be true (too easy!) after the intense work and focus I've put into the writing thus far! It seems like the could retroactively back track once they review the writing or something.

Next question.  I actually already have an eBay account and have successfully sold 6 items in the past year. Could that alone get me an adsense account?

1. SouradipSinha profile image84

Yes its that easy big_smile
              You will get approved by AdSense when you upload an original video to YouTube and then you can very easily link that email id with your HubPages account.

2. agnes elmira profile image69
    agnes elmiraposted 8 years ago

Oh dear. Is that a change? It seems like one year ago I was informed that I needed only 10 featured hubs to apply to Google ad sense!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

As time passes, there appear to be more stringent rules in place for Google to approve and AdSense account.

The quality of content, topics covered, and the compliance with Google AdSense policy are other major factors as well.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

1) A video you record of anything.  If you have a smartphone just point it at anything you wouldn't mind people being able to see online.

2) Very likely.

Thanks also for your reply.
      please see my response above.
      That just seems too easy just to shoot any ol video and stick it on YouTube and you get an adsense account, yet the quality guidelines for the writing get harder and harder. What is up with that?

4. Virginia Allain profile image89
    Virginia Allainposted 8 years ago

I don't think the Google Adsense is a pre-requirement for getting an Amazon Affiliate account. Go ahead and apply for Amazon, would be my advice.

do I need 10 featured hubs to get approved for amazon w/out an AdSense account? i will have 8 by this Wednesday probably

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

These days you get a probationary Amazon affiliates account and if it makes no sales they cancel it.  So while there is no specific number required it pays to only apply after your account has the potential to make sales.

what is the probationary time period before it gets cancelled?

all of my hubs reference at least one book and movie and usually more of each, so it stands to reason they might have a good shot at sales, huh?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
            psycheskinnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I thought the same back when I applied, but was wrong.

oh ok. what is the probationary time period before it gets cancelled?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)