Google Privacy Notice

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Anita Hasch profile image59
    Anita Haschposted 6 years ago

I hope somebody can help. I find googles forums not very user friendly and difficult to use.
    I added a 'privacy notice,' on a page of my blog. Do I have to add 'Privacy notice' Read on page by clicking on this link, on my blog and then link it to the notice on my page? Would appreciate your help.

1. theraggededge profile image98
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think it is a legal requirement for any website owner.

Anita Haschposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you theraggededge, My problem is, have I done it the right way. The 'privacy notice,' is worded the correct way, however, do you put the notice on a separate page of your blog. And then how do I word a small link referring to the page on my blog? I can't imagine that the notice must be on the blog, as it would take up too much space. Am I correct in this?
        Thank you for your reply.

As long as your readers can get to it easily, either via a tab or a permanent link in the sidebar that should be fine. It should be visible and navigable on every page.

I publish mine as a page under my 'About' tab. You can take a look by going to my profile and clicking on the little house icon, top right, which will take you to my blog.

1. Noa Keshet profile image61
            Noa Keshetposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for providing a good example. I visited your website and found it very helpful.

2. Anita Hasch profile image59

Thank you, I will do that. This has worried me as I know the notice needs to be on all my blogs.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Anita, when you say a privacy notice will "take up too much space", what do you mean?

Maybe there's a problem with terminology here. Often, I see people referring to a single article as a "blog".  A "blog" is a collection of articles.  If you're talking about one article on that blog, it's called a "blog post

So, your blog (that is, your whole blog) needs ONE privacy notice.  That's only one page (not a post) and it doesn't take up much space.  Create a page and put your privacy notice on it.  Then, somewhere on your blog (say, in the sidebar), add a Pages gadget, which will show the link to your Privacy page.

I think I said this before, but I would strongly advise you to combine all your health-related blogs into one "natural health" blog. Years ago, we were advised to create blogs on specific, narrowly-defined subjects, but that is a very old idea. If someone suggested it to you, they are several years out of date.   A blog needs a LOT of content to be successful, and if your subject is too specific, you'll run out of ideas far too soon.

1. Noa Keshet profile image61
            Noa Keshetposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the clear and detailed explanation. It was very helpful to me.

2. Anita Hasch profile image59

Hi Marisa,
            I learned the difference between blogs and blog posts when I landed up with 10 blogs. I then combined five into three of the blogs. However, my Aloe Vera blog I kept separate. I would prefer to have 2 or 3 blogs. I might combine the resveratrol blog with the aloe vera blog. I combined the molasses, fenugreek and soybeans together. The problem is when these are all on one blog, they do not stay together. They go by day posted. So I try to link all the fenugreek ones together, etc. This takes a lot of time. Then I also have recipes and try to link the recipes, so that they are together. It really would not be practical to have just one health blog. I love my aloe blog as I believe aloe is indeed a miracle plant, and its benefits should be shared.
            When I can find no more info on aloe, it can stay just as it is, people will still be able to get the necessary info from it. I will then just add additional research info as it becomes available.
            Thanks for the info on the pg gadget, I noticed the gadget, but was not sure how it works. I will be using it. The privacy notice needs to go on a page as it takes up a lot of space. I have ads from adsense and chitika so it would be taking up space which I use for my ads.
            Thanks for your assistance.

Anita, they are supposed to go by date posted. That's what a blog is. They began as online diaries. Trying to put several articles into one post is not a good idea. Just post one article on one day, and allow the blog to grow organically. It's fine to write one on aloe vera and then a few weeks later add another one about the same topic. As long as the information/angle is different, it's fine and you can link between the related posts. Having very long articles is not a great idea - information overload puts people off staying on the page.

People will find the articles via a search engine. So it doesn't matter what order they appear in.

The privacy info goes on one single page, as you say. Then make sure the link is visible from every post, i.e. in the sidebar.

Thanks theraggededge,
                I could not find your blog. Will try again. I placed the privacy notice on a page. I just have to add the page gadget. I only do one post a week for every blog. My aloe blog is close to my heart. I do not want a overload. I may combine it with the resveratrol blog. Resveratrol also has amazing health benefits. Since doing research on alternative health I find this subject so interesting. I am just sorry I did not have the knowledge of aloe vera and the amazing benefits of some of the fruits and veggies before my husband died.

I have just completed a eBook on Aloe Vera and Folk Remedies. It is only about 7000 words. I combined many of my articles.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
              Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Anita, if you look at the front page of HubPages or any of the niche sites, the subjects are all mixed up.  That's how it's supposed to be, and it's a good thing - it shows the reader that you've got lots of different, useful health information on your blog. 

All you have to do is what HubPages does - arrange your posts into categories.  On Blogger, categories are called "Labels".   What you do is, edit each of your posts and add a Label.  So, each of your aloe vera posts will have a Label "Aloe Vera".   Then each of your fenugreek posts will have a label "Fenugreek".  And so on.

Now, add a Labels gadget. A good place to put it is on the "Cross Column" section, which puts your labels along the top of the blog.  You can see how it looks on TimeTraveler2's blog here:

http://www.rving4newbies.com/

Each of those headings along the top is a Label (i.e. a category).  Click on one of them and you'll see all the posts with that Label, grouped together. 

Putting all your subjects on ONE blog has a lot of benefits:

1.  It makes your blog bigger, and it will be easier to keep adding more posts for longer.  Google doesn't like small blogs, or blogs that aren't updated. If you run out of info for your aloe vera blog, it's likely Google will drop it and you won't get readers any more.

2.  It keeps the reader on your blog for longer, because it gives them more to browse around.

3.  It enables you to raise awareness.   You say you want to spread the word on aloe vera, but no one will find your aloe vera blog unless they already know about aloe vera!  Whereas if you have an aloe vera section on a blog about other healthful things, people who have come to the blog to learn about fenugreek or resveratrol will click on the aloe vera Label and discover it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)