You may ask yourself , what is sticky? It is anything that makes your Hub stick in the mind of your surfer.
1. If you spend a lot of time creating a great hub always some where on it encourage the person to bookmark your Hub Page. Tell them to push CTRL +D to bookmark your page. It can be that simple. And people who bookmark your page will what? They will be back. And if you make your Hub Page really sticky with really great content they may just tell a friend or two and those people may show up on your Hub Page also. Don't ever assume that just because you know how to bookmark pages that your surfer does. Most don't. You just about have to take them by the hand and lead them around.
2. You need to have informative information on your Hub to make it stick in their mind. You can also add videos and should. You know you can find videos at You Tube on almost any subject and if you pick out really good videos you will have some of the best sticky content you could ever have. Let me tell you another neat little trick about You Tube Videos. Go to a You Tube Video at You Tube and you will notice just below the video it will say links. Click on that link and it will show you every web site that links to that video. If you put a You Tube video on your Hub Page your Hub Page will eventually be in that link list and people will click back thru to your Hub Page giving you more visitors.
3. Information, Yes Information Again. Do your research well on any subject your building a Hub Page about. Write it up in your own words and your information needs to offer your surfer at least a perceived value. It must offer them something they want or need. If you can fill one or both of those needs your half way there to getting the surfer to come back and just maybe tell someone else.
4. Sticky Yet Again. Your key to achieving true sticky content is to give your surfers what they want. And you need the Wow!!! factor to come in there. When they get to your Hub Page they need to " Say Wow!!! " If they do your getting there.
Now there are some great ideals there you could use. One thing you should do is try to use all the tools that you have available to you. You must have traffic in order to make money with adsense so think. How can you get more people onto your Hub Pages. Where are they going to come from. I will be posting some traffic ideals soon. Because traffic is what will make or break you.
Traffic is the biggest thing I see people missing. I would strongly suggest if you have a Blog or Blogs make posts on your Blog or Blogs to send traffic to your Hub Pages.
If you have a friend that does similar stuff to what you do ask him or her for links to your Hub Pages.
Try to come up with your own unique traffic ideals to get that all important traffic onto your Hub Pages.
If you have a blog that is read by your mum and the neighbor's cat, links from it to your Hubs won't bring piles of traffic.
In that case, go and find blogs on your topic which DO have lots of traffic, and post intelligent comments about the blog posts which relate to your Hub topic, and add your Hub URL for further reference if people want to read more.
This has the added bonus of helping you to make friends with other people in your niche, and eventually those relationships will lead to bloggers writing pasts about your Hubs.
That sounds a bit like your hub Social Media Inspector Scam.
You might also be interested to know that there is a thing Google calls Blog Spam so if you suddenly get a lot of links from blogs to a website and perhaps this site that is not effectively a blog then it might attract that penalty.
I doubt that a human being doing specific searches and making intelligent comments could possibly generate that kind of volume of backlinks from blogs to trip that trigger!
Akismet regularly filters machine generated spam comments from my blogs, though, and i am sure those are the sorts of processes which would generate a suspicious volume of activity - I would not recommend using any automated process to place comments, ever.
You'd be quite surprised. A blog has the main page then it has the blog post page then it has the archives page, then it has the rss feeds page etc.
If the blog has a recent comments widget then your comment is on every page ever written and archived for that blog.
As you can now see, blogs give many links very quickly, especially high pr and blogger blogs. When the search bot comes through it counts each one as a link, only from the one source, but it is a link, hence the term Blog Spam.
I think you overcomplicate things here Commenting on blogs is a very efficient technique and pretty safe when done properly, i.e. like Jenny says - manually and with intelligence
First time, hello Misha. I am always very cautious about links to a page in any great number. I would hate to see some hubber go out and comment on more than say five blogs thinking they are doing the right thing. I agree that commenting on blogs can work well in moderation but would limit those comments with a singular directed url to my best page to maybe one a week.
Maybe this helps http://www.youcansubmit.com/link-spam.html
Terry, I don't know who this guy is, and some of his opinions do not really have a chance to stand against my experience. And he does not even talk about commenting on blogs, and does not give any numbers. You have to give me some hard data to prove your point - if you wish of course
And when you comment on blogs manually and intelligently, you just can't post more than a few comments every day, which is absolutely safe in my (and others) experience...
Misha your right on point. As always. The thing they should remember here is on topic. On topic comments that are hand submitted on blogs around the net can only help you. Not hurt you. I do it myself all the time and have never had a problem. Not ever.
Jenny you have a great ideal there. And yes it will work.
I keep looking at your "sticky" suggestions and I have a few questions...
1. What do you mean exactly when you say to label pictures? Are you referring to the title of the capsule, or the caption under the picture? I can't seem to find it now, but I think I've seen you mention it somewhere... ?
2. For information (this really isn't a question, but a suggestions), I like to make sure that I can answer more than one question about a topic before I go into a hub. For example, with my latest hubs, which were answers to requests, the hubber asked basically one question to be answered, but I wanted the hub to be thorough, so I answered questions on the same topic that somone else may have a question about. IE he wanted to know about a cat not covering his poo in the litter box, so I made a hub about common problems with cats and litter boxes, and noted 3 problems (his included), and a list of reasons as to why a cat may not be using the box (as it's the biggest concern).
Would this be something that you would be referring to in terms of information, having ample information to cover not just one specific question but other related questions?
3. Again, not really a question, but a comment towards YouTube videos. I have noticed you tube clicks on my traffic page; I never knew why, as I don't recall posting links to my hubs in videos often (maybe one, but I don't really think so). So, now I know the reason. Very cool. I never knew about this, so I'll definitely be checking that out more. I do like the videos, as they seem to add more to a hub besides a simple still picture.
What I am talking about is using a name for your photo not a number. I am talking about photos that you upload to the photo capsule. Some people number them and they are never going to pick up google image traffic from this. Always name your photos before you upload them.
And I like your hubs and the way you present information. And you should have success from doing it the way you do.
Yes putting videos on Hub Pages can bring you good to great traffic from You Tube. If you have a popular video on a hub it can bring a lot of traffic. And if you can create some videos of your own and upload them you can put links to your hub or hubs in the description area of the video and pick up great traffic. If you create videos of your own also upload them to Daily Motion as you can add links in video descriptions there also and they send even more traffic than You Tube.
Ok, thanks for clarifying the picture thing. I usually do name pictures appropriately anyway. I have noticed Google Image search on my traffic pages. I'm not sure about how I get it whether the text or what, but I'm not complaining where it come from as long as it comes. Ha.
Thank you. I appreciate that. I really spend time on my hubs- try to anyway.
I have 1 or 2 hubs where I have my own videos, but they barely get traffic on YouTube. What'a Daily Motion?
So, naming a photo before it is uploaded makes a difference too? I didn't realize this. I never do that. I label the capsule and add a caption, but I have never heard this before. Good info.
Peter - that doesn't apply to hubpages
hubpages' software renames the photo to a number when you add it
It does work for you own sites though and you can add text in the capsule.
That's true, but setting a caption will help a lot. Image search is responsible for 1-2% of our traffic right now.
Oh yes it does apply. I am going to show you the screen shot from one of my recent hubs.
Notice in the right hand column that there are search results from Google Image Traffic. In this case 129. So yes it does work at Hub Pages. Believe me I would never post something that I did not know beyond a shadow of a doubt. What I covered up there was some of my traffic sources. Not going to reveal everything. lol
Yes I have but the screen shot is also there. It may be that Google Image search is finding them from capsule names. This page where the screen shot came from does have the name in the capsule name. If you look at the source of the page it is clearly there. So maybe they do only find them here from the names of titles in capsules but either way it is a good practice to get into. I do know that I get a lot of traffic from Google Image Search.
And if you do have your own blog or blogs it is always a good practice.
And since Hub Pages renames them to numbers you need to use special care to put the persons name in the capsule. This makes the titles even more important.
Google image search is finding them from the text of the hub around them, the caption and the title of the capsule.
Just couldn't say it huh?
Whitney - Naming your photos will do no good. Hubpages' software gives them a number when you upload them.
Naming the capsule and adding a caption will help. Naming the photos does nothing
I understand that. I was just mentioned that I do happen to name them, which had nothing to do with Google picking them up. I also, said "I'm not sure about how I get it whether the text or what, but I'm not complaining where it come from as long as it comes," in reference to whether the traffic comes from the text around the picture or not, that in the sense I don't care how I get the traffic (text around the picture or labelling of the picture), as long as I do get it.
Since I read this thread, I've been having a merry old time adding videos. I used to try to have a video on every Hub, but I went cold on the idea after several of them stopped working. I didn't want to create a situation where I had to continually check on all my Hubs, so I got very picky, and only used them where I could find one that was too good to miss.
I'm cheating with the ones I'm adding now - I'm bunging the video at the bottom of the Hub, so if it disappears, it's not such a big deal. I realise that makes it less visible so not as "sticky", but at least it's there and I'm getting the link from YouTube.
On that score, it's worth checking the links before you choose a video. I went to add one to my "How to Caramelize Onions" hub, only to find that Marye Audet had already used it for hers. What's more, I realised we had used the exact same photos! It's not a case of copying, just great minds (ahem) thinking alike. I've decided to use the same video because it's a good one, but I'm glad I discovered the photo thing - I've changed mine now!
Just occurred to me that checking the links might also lead you to some relevant blogs/sites where you could add a comment.
Hey Marisa, congrats, looks like you grasped the concept of efficient internet marketing You'll find such opportunities everywhere...
do we get a link back from youtube if we just add/embed the video capsule with a youtube key or we have to link to that video displaying in our hub by a text link??
by Thomas Byers 6 years ago
A lot of people fail to see how important research can be. Below is a list of the most popular niches. Make Money or Save Money* Debt* Insurance* Credit cards* Loans* And many moreSelf DevelopmentSpiritual/SupernaturalInformation Technology (IT)Online shoppingHealth And...
by spendthrift11 7 years ago
I have published my first hub page. How to I get it out there for others to find and read?
by Thomas Byers 6 years ago
1. Does your Hub Page Title Contain Key Words or Key Word Phrases that people are looking for. 2. Are you using key words in your Hub Page and are you keeping them at 2.5 percent. 3. You need to find key words that are really searched for but have low competition. 4. Do you check your grammar and...
by Insurance Menthor 8 years ago
As a person who has devloped several sites and works with the web, I am very disappointed in the "Start a new hub format page". Everytime I try to start something on that page it keeps saying something stupid and it never allows a simple easy process to let you work through. YOu need a...
by medialateral 10 years ago
I'm a little, no VERY, concerned that my hub page has been flagged in this manner. I have over 570 words of content and only 5 links off to two other sites.http://hubpages.com/hub/real-unused-webkinz-codes/The entire article has been designed to guide people who are looking for potential cheats and...
by mugshot 9 years ago
Hi all,Im new to Hub pages and just finished my first onehttp://hubpages.com/hub/powerlifting-for-strengthI just wanted to ask for help to see if what I have made is a good hub and where could I improve it further?Im new so any help you give me would be great!Thanks,Muggsy ^^
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|