I cannot love them any longer !

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (29 posts)
  1. My Friend Shiyloh profile image60
    My Friend Shiylohposted 14 years ago

What do you really do when you find, that you think and act this way ?

That you have come to the end of your love.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why are you posting this in religion forum? Surely belong mental health forum?

My Friend Shiylohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The love in here has gone cold.

1. tantrum profile image61
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Turn on the heater

2. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on hitting 100 Mark!

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is Marks usual score! smile

1. profile image0
            Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh it is? lol well I haven't been on here long so I didn't know that hehe

2. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol I am normally suprised when I see Mark on anything less than 99..... He is what you could call a 'hubpages heavyweight'.

2. imadork profile image71
      imadorkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am happy.  Now I can bang other women.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

100 religionists? yikes

For lunch! lol

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

God forbid! lol

Ah, the master of the one liner... very funny Misha! Gave me a giggle! lol

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ernest - and glad you liked it smile

I often do. You usually manage at least two meanings! smile

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

If you cain't love em any longer then that is the hurtal that you do or do not have to deal with.  God bless ya any way.

5. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

It depends on the relationship and how involved it is. You either find out what the problem is, and work to solve it. Or move on.

Is there something more to this question that I'm missing?

1. profile image0

I thought that you had lots of college work lol Skiving already?

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was at school 9 hours today thank you! smile

1. profile image0

Fair enough, thats far more than I have done today, didnt get out of bed until 1pm!

2. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see I'm out numbered here, way too many intellectuals and progrssives.

Ryankett what the hell are you asking?

1. profile image0

It doesnt concern you.

1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you coming out of the closet? Go back! Go back! You don't have to love them just don't cut them off you may change your mind! Am I getting closer?

2. My Friend Shiyloh profile image60

Love would love all people the same, from the cashier, to the police officer. to the truck driver, to the homeless beggar, to the military person, to the farmer, to the teacher etc...

Love can treat a spouse with love or children or family. This love can be deep because they "mean something to us"...and yet the regular people we meet should be treated with love too, perhaps not as intimate, but still a very real love.

Love has to be equally given to all first, then it only gets deeper and closer in proximity and then keeps growing. We should have a "minimum love for all mankind."

This is not easy to do. To give love and expect nothing in return, because real love is needless, sacrificial and giving towards all, no matter if they cannot do anything in return "for us."

The "value of the relationship" does not change loving the person at all times, nor is love concerned with "what's in it for me" or "how much do I like this one or that one."

We tend to be very selfish with our love because it comes from our own "estimation" of love and how much we owe love to someone based on the "relationship."

We really are to afraid to love it seems.

~Shiyloh~

6. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I'm jealous Ryan. smile

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

9 hours? jeez colebabie yep it's time for fun and chilling on here!

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I agree we do find it hard to love.
    I feel it starts with self love though. At our best we can love all the people we interact with each day. At our lowest we should still be able to do that but it seems we struggle with it.
    Lots of love to you for discussing it! smile smile

Thanks for the feedback Earnest.

I believe that a greater love than self-love exists and I have had to embrace this love because I have found to many times in meeting people that were beyond my capacity to love, I could not do it with self-love. I had to reach out and call upon greater love, to help me love the unlovable people I meet.

Learning to love them expecting nothing in return and becoming in effect, needless. This was something that has set me free in many, many ways and it is that love that is beyond “self-love”...something that I have experienced that I call “pure self-less love.”

This love is not something I just “call upon” when I have come to the end of “self-love”...rather it is something I walk in as a way of life and chose not to be moved from the position of this love.

This is why I love to say:
      Give what you have in your cup. When your cup is empty, give your cup. Your cup is a clay vessel made from love, to be filled with love, even when empty, the cup is love to be given away. big_smile

~Shiyloh~

Shyloh, I do agree with what you call love. Love is doing because you love. I still call it self love when I speak of it, have not tried to analyze it too much. I know love as a selfish act. It makes you grow. The more freely you give your love to the cop on the beat, to the people in the supermarket, anyone you meet, the better your own life is! Works like magic if it is solidly founded in good healthy self love, and for some reason it just gets everyone around you to fill with love too. Other shoppers switch modes in front of your eyes, the dear older lady you helped get on the bus flashes you her secret 16 year old girl's smile.
        What can I say? It's all good! smile smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)