Where is citizen protection?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hello all,

I thought it might be a pleasure to discuss a few topics wrapped together, like Washington(Congress) does and see if we ourselves can figure out exactly what is going on and what can be done about it?

You are more than welcome to make your presence felt and I also welcome the challenge set forth.

Now, before we can start- YOU must first understand me and where I am coming from? It can be difficult to understand, because I might possess information or knowledge, you do not.

For a great many years(20) I have watched, learned and experience almost every high you could feel. I've had success online, as a Marketer. I've had success of achieving executive status among fortune 500 companies and know how a "business" ticks, what drives profits and what sells. So, I have all the experience I need.

Many people would like that too, but most don't want the responsibility that comes with the territory. That's a shame!

How ever, citizens have been abused by Government, as a whole. The so-called "advocate" and "special interests" groups, as well, as lobbyists have been pressuring political officials, beyond any comprehension.

A "business" can lobby to Congress, as a singular unit. That affords the entire "business" company the ability to argue "RIGHTS" equally against consumers.

This is just wrong! Citizens should be protected against "business"/the Economy. Against profiteering and sectional monopolies, which is ripping apart our society.

The pricing structures of goods and/or services are TOO pricy and have priced many people completely out of their homes, and out to the streets.

Some citizens walked away from their home, because they could no longer afford to live in it. This is ridiculous! Not to mention, it's absurd? How did housing get so expensive?

POOR REGULATION! That's how?

The Security and Exchange Commission regulators FAILED to do their jobs. Other regulators are also failing to do their jobs too.

Many non-profit and/or chartiable organizations do not commit enough resources, like they are suppose to, like the minimum 5% that the Federal government says is required.

If many of these types of companies followed through on their commitments and obligations, instead of cooking the books to get by unnoticed, we might have some really good work done.

Other areas of America, such as prison, which are good to a point, but costly to the taxpayer. Especially with lifers' and death row inmates.

Death row inmates sit on death row for such a long time, before their executions are done? State officials blame that on cost of executing. Saying, "It's very expensive."

So is housing these people, who are never going to see the outside ever again. The tax lean is burdening society, as a whole, because it's eating into federal resources. Federal funding for prisons is extremely costly.

The entire situation has housed approximately 3.6 Million citizens, for some crime or another. Some are petty criminals, who stole something. Some are serial killers, pedophiles and other murderers will never be released.

So, the taxpayer has to make sure that they get better treatment than other citizens.

Approximately 12.5% of ALL American citizens are homeless. That equates to about 43 Million people, who have no place to live and most likely don't have anything to eat, possibly starving.

Prison inmates are treated better, yet they have crimes against humanity? That makes no sense!

Citizen are being taken advantage of and voters continue to buy into the garbage being shoveled by officials, and refuse to LOOK AROUND  or see things happening.

Congress approved the so-called "bailout" plan AGAINST citizen approval....isn't that criminal? The cost of the "bailout" plan could have given every citizen a LUMP SUM of $250,000.00 non-taxed. That goes to every person 18 years old or older.

Yet, the money was given to the banks?

Government couldn't or wouldn't trust citizens to what's right with the money(pay down debt).

Government against citizens? This is completely opposite of the Declaration of Independence, which America was founded.

Feel free to weigh in.

Thank you

Ray Choiniere

2. ediggity profile image62
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Exactly what is going on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFXuGIpsdE0

The hard working honest tax payer is going to take it mouth again if this new Health Care Reform passes.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I can understand your frustration, especially in an area that you're obviously uninformed about.

Yes, it can be annoying...thinking that you're going to take it in the mouth, if Healthcare Reform is passed, but do realize- America isn't the place it use to be nor is going to last the next Century, simply because the citizens refuse to do anything about the problems already plaguing society, as a whole.

First realize: America has a 12.5% Homelessness rate, which equates to about 43 MILLION people. If you want to continue paying higher costs on your own individual insurance and you enjoy watching your costs go up, then by all means- do nothing!

The Homelessness in America is the direct CAUSE for your rates going up, over the last decade. These people walk into a hospital get treated and NEVER pay for the services, that hurts hospitals(because they are a business), the doctors and drives up loss of profit(which is required to operate). The only way for business to reap less loss is to increase existing customers' rates. If the Homeless are covered under some sort of plan....then rates hikes will be far off in the future, instead of being used now.

Please also realize: A business must profit, in order to continue operating. If you beg to differ, and bring up what about Non-Profit or Charitable Organizations operate without making a profit, so why can't a hospital operate as a non-profit.

Well, it doesn't quite work that way.

3. ediggity profile image62
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

I don't disagree with anything you explained, however; I will just add that in addition to homeless people, illegal immigrants also add to rising health costs.  Figuring out exactly who makes the health care costs rise is of no concern to me.  A complete government take over of health care does concern me.  I think that people should have the freedom to choose their health care, and if they choose not to have health care, everyone else shouldn't have to pay for it.  Additionally, this is just me, and maybe I'm crazy, but if I was re-designing health care I might actually chair a committee of medical and financial personnel in the health care field to create the proposal.  Not rely on a lawyer to write it http://baucus.senate.gov/about/index.cfm

Oh yeah, astronomically high medical malpractice insurance costs are another direct reason for higher premium costs.  No matter what the reason, when the doctors and hospitals get charged more by the government to do the same job, they will just offset their new expenses to the customer.  Just like every other business.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you will have to worry about Illegals receiving health care, Obama plans to give them amnesty, Voila no illegals!

1. ediggity profile image62
        ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Touché

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)