Google Biz Kit...is it a scam?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)
  1. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 14 years ago

Has anyone heard of this and is it a scam?  They claim by posting links for google, you can earn money.  They ask you to pay 97 cents for Instant Access to the Google Biz Kit.  I don't want to be hoodwinked, so looking for sound advice.  Thanks all,

Megs

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

anything that sounds too good to be true is sure to catch you somewhere~~ don't cave in to those crazy ads.

2. Kaabi profile image62
    Kaabiposted 14 years ago

I am sure it is a scam.  This is because I see ads that use obviously misleading techniques, such as appearing to be from a news station, and saying that Google itself is directly hiring people.  If the program is lying, I highly doubt it works.  Also, posting links and making the kind of money they say seems pretty ridiculous.  All of these factors converge to lead me to the conclusion that this is a scam, or at least, not very effective.

3. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

I totally agree with Kaabi--it is misleading as I clicked on one of these ads only to discover that they slapped me with for $70 for a domain I can get elsewhere for next to nothing.  The only legit on it is Google Adwords, as you pay for your own ads which of course only benefits you if you have goods or services you want to sell.  I was able to get a refund, but I was definitely duped by a separated entity under the Google Flag.

Buyer beware sad

4. Jmobia profile image59
    Jmobiaposted 14 years ago

I did a bit of very brief research on this and from what I gathered it isn't exactly a scam, but it also isn't exactly forthcoming either.

Now remember I only did a bit of brief reading to get an idea of what it is. I'm not familiar with what exactly is included in the package.

From what I understand it's a teaching tool on how to use Google adwords to post ads on Google search and web pages that use Google adsense.

When you search Google the ads are the things that show up at the top of the page and the right hand side. Simple.

They tell you how easy it is, and that isn't the whole truth. What follows is a brief synopsis of what adwords is.

Google adwords is a pay per click system. Meaning that if someone clicks on an ad that you own, then you'll have to pay a designated amount. The amount paid is determined by the value of the keywords your bidding on. Keyword value is determined how much traffic it pulls in. For example green left handed turnip twadlers isn't that popular so you'll probably pay cents on the dollar. The credit card market is really hot though! Hundreds of thousands of searches daily. So you can expect to pay well over 10, 20 and maybe 30 dollars a click. Its very competitive.

Another problem is that even if you're bidding on highly competitive keywords you probably won't even get into the top 100 ads due to different variables, and if you don't get a top spot then you wont get traffic and thus no money. Good placing ads is based on your quality score. The quality score is determined by the ad copy, keyword usage, and your website.

Getting good rankings with your ads is a whole different lesson in itself. There are many ideas and theories here.

Don't get me wrong, it is completely possible to use it to make money. People do it. It's just that it is also a big risk and can really ruin you if you don't know what you're doing. it requires a bit of work.

Really study what markets you want to bid on and set a budget.

Now why they're only charging 97 cents for instant access I can't say but it smells fishy. I'll bet they have all sorts of upsales on the other side they'll try and stick you with. There are a lot of adwords 'system's that sell for hundreds of dollars.

1. Jmobia profile image59
      Jmobiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  5. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Plain and simple you have to use Adwords to post ads.  They are exactly like the ads yo see all over Hubpages.

One thing, do you know Adwords, if not done properly could easily cost you thousands of dollars.  Its very easy to lose money with Adwords.

Dont get me wrong, Adwords is a great tool for marketing but you really need to understand it first.

6. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 14 years ago

Thanks everyone for the great responses, I thought it smelled bad too, but I just wanted to be sure.  I'm too cheap to even dish out a dollar these days, so I will just move on right along and find a different way to make money.  Here's hoping anyway!

thanks again,

Megs

There are ways to make money online without spending much, if anything.

What it will require is a lot of time. See, going the adwords route is a risk versus reward scenario. The risk is great, but you also get instant rewards from instant traffic.

The time consuming route is to let google and the internet find you on their own, but it won't cost much.

What you can do is set up a blog on blogger.com about whatever niche or topic you have in mind. Blogger is free, and incidentally enough owned by Google. Keep in mind some topics will be very hard to get traffic for while others will be easy. Usually the more unique the niche the easier it is to get a top rank in Google. Be careful still because if you get too specific you'll not get any traffic at all because no one is looking for it.

The way you can determine how good a keyword is is to sign up for Google adwords, which is free, but don't set up any ads. You just want their keyword tool. This will give you an idea of traffic and competition. Another tool is wordtracker.com. It has a free trial. It's limited in what it can do, but it'll still give you a good idea of how good a keyword or niche is.

Then you can stick Amazon product ads on the page. The Amazon affiliate program is free. You can try Google adsense which is also free. Or sign up for an affiliate manager like CJ.com and see what offers they have. That's also free.

Then it's a matter of getting traffic. Write articles and post them at article directories like ezinearticles.com or goarticles.com, post comments in topic related forums and blogs, do digg.com, reddit.com, stumbleupon.com and other social bookmarking/networking sites, make a hub, or a squidoo lens, all linking back to your blog. Post on facebook, email friends and family, basically anything to get your blog noticed....without spamming of course.

It's all up to father time after that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)