Who is the Top hubber in terms of Number of Hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (27 posts)
  1. jacobkuttyta profile image41
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

I would like to know who is the top hubber in terms of Number of hubs.  And also like to know about the income earned by him/her?

1. Volty profile image61
      Voltyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look up desi aunty terms on google & this site... you'll find them smile

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

I've sen a few hubbers with over 1000 hubs. I don't think they will tell you their earnings though! I know some people are making a good full time wage on here $100 - $500 a day, but it's not all about how many hubs you've got.

1. SunSeven profile image60
      SunSevenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I doubt it! smile

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know a few who are! smile

1. online4income profile image74
          online4incomeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If it is so then its very inspiring for everyone at hubpages.

3. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Someone here has over 2500 hubs. If I remember correctly though, some of those hubs are mostly just pictures.

jacobkuttytaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the information

1. rmcrayne profile image88
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you look on the "How long does it take you to write a hub?" thread on Need Help forum, there is a hubber with >2900 hubs and >2100 fans.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I don't want to be rude, but that is none of your business. It's rude to ask people how much money they make.

1. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't mean to be rude either Uninvited Writer, but perhaps such a question isn't rude in other parts of the world or in other cultures.

After all, manners are to do with customs, habits and conventions. The customs, habits and conventions where you are might be very different to the customs, habits and conventions where jacobkuttyta is.

Perhaps where jacobkuttyta is, simply asking when you want to know something is the custom.

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where is it considered polite to ask someone how much they make? I'd love to know. Because it's very rude as well where I live.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hong Kong, India.

It is also considered polite custom to exaggerate when you answer though. wink

1. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

USSR, too. Not nowadays though smile

2. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is considered rude to ask in the UK, only those that are rich are often only too happy to brag about how rich they are, and those with no money are often quick to moan about skint they are lol

I dont think that there is any harm in the OP asking how much money somebody earns face-to-face, but a hubber disclosing somebody elses earnings would be extremely disrespectful. Several hubbers have let me in to how much they are taking, and some are making very good money, but its not my place to pass that very confidential information on to anybody. Asking somebody about their earnings is fine, you will probably get told to piss off, but asking me to tell disclose  how much the heavyweights earn (and on a public forum!) Thats a sure fire way for me to lose every ounce of credibility.

If anything, I think that asking people to disclose other peoples earnings is 10 times worse than asking people to disclose their own. And would be a sackable offence in many work environments.

BadCompany99 earns about $50000 a day.... there you go. lol

1. Don W profile image82
            Don Wposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think there's a bit of a culture divide here.

Status is very important in some cultures. How much you earn is a big part of that. In those cultures if you earn lots, it's not something to be kept secret. A third party telling people you earn good money extends kudos to you, and to your whole family. It's a compliment not disrespectful.

It may be disrespectful in the culture you live in, and fair enough to point that out. But it can't be called disrespectful as if it's an objective fact. It depends on the conventions, values, traditions and habits of the cultures people live in. 

Western European/North American sensibilities might be abashed at the OPs direct question, but let's not act as if a universal code of conduct has been broken. Western European/North American culture is a set of values and conventions. It's not the set of values and conventions. It's a big world out there.

For the record, I don't find the question rude or disrespectful, I find it honest and to the point which makes change. Shame the only answer I can give is I don't know.

1. profile image0
              ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hence the reason I started my response with 'It is considered rude to ask in the UK'..... Im not doubting anybody else's culture, im just telling you why I cant disclose peoples earnings.

No matter how innocent the question was, it would still be incredibly disrespectful for me to disclose somebodies earnings if they had told me in good faith.

Telling them that publishing their monthly earnings on a public forum is acceptable in India probably isn't going to make them feel any better should I go ahead and do it.... when they live in the UK or USA.

3. rmcrayne profile image88
          rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny.  In my culture (military), it is a matter of public record what everybody makes.  smile

5. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 14 years ago

But it can be a motivational factor for new hubbers smile

6. youcanwin profile image41
    youcanwinposted 14 years ago

Honestly saying I don't know

7. BristolBoy profile image61
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

It is probably one of those people who has hubs full of pictures of Indian women.

jacobkuttytaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are many hubbers with only photos, Will they bring traffic? I don't Know

8. A_K profile image72
    A_Kposted 14 years ago

I don't think asking a question "how much much do top hubbers earn" or "how much does the top hubber earn" is rude in any culture or in any part of the world. In fact in the UK and the US it would be culturally right to speak up your mind. When you ask the question it is implied that no one is obliged to answer but someone may answer if their conscience permits them. These are the questions that most of us have in the mind yet only few ask, and those that do, deserve praise for they spoke up their mind. What I agree however is that if you ask someone "how much do you earn?" that question might be considered rude as it intrudes someone's privacy.

9. Don W profile image82
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

As the previous poster said, no one is forcing you to answer. You're at liberty to do as your local customs, values and conscience dictate. Telling people why you feel unable to answer is fair enough, but suggesting it was wrong to even ask the question is a bit much.

Your local customs and values are exactly that, local. If someone who doesn't share those customs and values asks a question which is considered impolite, then at most it's a faux pas, nothing more.

10. jacobkuttyta profile image41
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

Then I would like to limit the question "Who is the top hubber in terms of Number of Hubs?"

Hope this question will not offend you.

11. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Perhaps it's better to word the question in a general way, such as what earnings range can a successful hubber expect to make?

Also Relache has a poll about that.

12. Jac Jim profile image60
    Jac Jimposted 14 years ago

I think it is an interesting question in terms of the possibilities of the kind of earnings we members can expect, so I wouldn't take it personal.

The answer should inspire us to keep on Hubbing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)