Has anyone found success with amazon

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (36 posts)
  1. chronage profile image61
    chronageposted 14 years ago

i recently posted in my blog about affiliate programmes but i myself have not found success with amazon, has anyone had good results?

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep, Nelle's Amazon success is unprecedented, so definitely check out her hubs!

as for me, i have 26 items shipped, so i'm happy. i just wish they were huge, expensive items, but i'm still learning. i do believe, based on Nelle's and other successful Amazon hubbers' stories, that you can do well with Amazon. you just have to hit it just right. good luck!

3. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It varies with me,one month i will earn nothing and then another especially december i will earn quite well,this month has been fantastic and hopefully will continue to grow from here on in.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Yes I have had great success with Amazon.

1. chronage profile image61
      chronageposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dp you run an astore or just have products scattered on your site?

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't "scatter" products. I carefully place them and write targeted sales copy. (You can't have an astore on a hub.)

3. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

For me, most of my early hubs weren't geared towards keywords and promoting products so it took awhile for me to stumble onto something that made people want to buy the product on Amazon.  Now, with a more targeted approach and some research, I'm able to utilize Amazon better and I'm making money at it.

You have to remember that people either have to already want to buy something when they land on your page, or you have to convince them to buy something.  I look at my page and ask myself if what I've written makes ME want to go buy the product.

4. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

BTW.....Nelle and Relache can probably teach more about how to make money on Amazon than anyone on HubPages.

5. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Ditto what KCC said. I've had success with Amazon. I found it helps to write Titles and summary text that attract people who are in a shopping frame of mind.

And for the record, everything I have learned about Amazon products I have learned from Nelle. She is a Goddess!

6. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I have had some success with Amazon, meaning I have gotten a few decent payouts.  And I only place amazon ads relevent to the subject as best I can.  No real experience here, just starting writing, learning and placing stuff as I go along.  Of course, most of the stuff purchased wasn't what was on my ad, but they clicked and got there. I guess that is the point.  Of course this month I have hundred of clicks and no sales.  So take my experience with a grain of salt.

7. broalexdotinfo profile image57
    broalexdotinfoposted 14 years ago

I'd rather place a few Clickbank links instead of Amazon.

Amazon has very low payouts, lucky enough if you sell a plasma TV on one of your hubs.

Al.

8. SandyMcCollum profile image64
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Bgpappa, what do you mean, you only place certain ads? How can I place an ad on my hub?

9. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

I have had over 100 clicks on Amazon but never a purchase.  I have stopped placing Amazon on my Hubs.  However, I should point out that I write informational hubs that don't lend themselves well to products.

Just like anything, find what works for you and stick with it.  That is what I am doing.

1. muratos profile image61
      muratosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Amazon conversion rate is around 3%. It means that for every 100 clicks, I make 3 product sales. Note that, these are targeted products and mostly from US traffic. These items are surely not big ones like HDTVs etc eventhough some people also buy different things than I advertise. Smaller items better contribute to total earnings since Amazon increases your commission rate according to sold item numbers. In conclusion, Amazon Affiliate Program essentially needs HUGE ORGANIC SEARCH ENGINE TRAFFIC for success.

10. NaomiR profile image74
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I'm just starting to find success on Amazon. I've been trying to gear specific products for the holiday shopping season, which has been working so far. There are many people on here who've been very successful, though, like Nelle, so listen to any advice they give!

11. gracenotes profile image88
    gracenotesposted 14 years ago

I'm so new at this, but I did stumble on something.

I have just applied to be an Amazon affiliate, but haven't received word yet on the approval.

Two days ago, I did a review for an appliance and didn't even realize that the product is targeted on Adsense.  So there can be a double advantage there.  I did get some clicks on the Adsense ads, even though I don't have any Amazon capsule yet.

12. muratos profile image61
    muratosposted 14 years ago

Yes, I have huge success with Amazon and earning close to $1000 now monthly. But, it is the result of 2 years effort, and note that they are basically free blogger accounts. I started building specific product review blogs on niche subjects, generally on electronics and new mobile phones. If you are crazy about re-writing Amazon product descriptions with your imagination on the words, you are destined to be indexed high on search engines. Support this with huge Stumbleupon traffic on interesting products. Voila! Funnily, I earn money especially from mobile phone accessories eventhough I didn't even touch to most of them in real life LOL smile I am not super active on Hubpages but it seems to be also effective contributing to earnings.

http://hubpages.com/hub/5-Great-Tips-Ma … te-Program

13. surferdude profile image61
    surferdudeposted 14 years ago

The key for success with Amazon is finding hot products, where they have a keen price. Go for those and you should get sales rolling in.

14. ecogirl333 profile image58
    ecogirl333posted 14 years ago

Amazon rocks, but only if you can get those clicks.  I find so many people buy additional stuff you can make a decent amount of cash.  Best advice is to start planning for Christmas 2010. 

The gift giving season snuck up on me this year.  But I have been extremely pleasantly surprised with matching my year's earnings in one month.  Next year I shall be ready for the onslaught!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have decided I missed the christmas boat this year, took to long to get clued in I guess. I have been thinking about all the other holidays like mothers day and fathers day, some year round type topics and maybe should think about easter hmm

15. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I cannot say I have had success as of yet but I have seen my first 2 sales and have really enjoyed the buzz. I figure I just do not have enough selling hubs yet. I have a few decent selling type hubs and a few decent info type hubs and a few hubs that were just for me and thus do not get traffic anymore sad. Oh well there you go, a little of everything I guess smile

16. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I got my first Amazon payout last month. It wasn't large, but I decided to keep it anyway. smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you change your mind you can give it to me lol big_smile

17. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Nope but I'm trying to. Got my 3rd sale with earnings over $3 smile

18. Dr23 profile image61
    Dr23posted 14 years ago

I've learned a lot about Amazon, but have yet to see any success/returns. I figure it is just a matter of time.

19. Dr23 profile image61
    Dr23posted 14 years ago

Woohoo! Saw my first order this morning. Hoping it ships, was a decently expensive item.

1. Madison22 profile image59
      Madison22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's great, good for you!!

20. Mike Rogers profile image59
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

I've made some money through blogs with Amazon, but the key for me is to be as highly targeted as possible.

21. profile image0
    cathinfranceposted 14 years ago

Nope. Nada. Niente.

22. charanjeet kaur profile image59
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

I have to tell this to Nelle, I made my first sale and got $3.81 dollars. Why Nelle, lol the first time I saw earning in Amazon she was the only one I could think of. This is my first amazon sale ever since I joined and it made me happy.

23. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Not really...... nothing to write home about, I have sold 24 items, of which 17 have been in the month of December. It is still something which I have yet to master, Adsense is really more of my forte..... Selling Caviar and Rolex watches seems to have failed for me lol

24. Veronica Allen profile image70
    Veronica Allenposted 14 years ago

I've had some success as well. I haven't reached the payout period yet, but I'm close. Truthfully, I've only seen success from Amazon - it just takes some time.

25. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I have had a huge amount of success with Amazon, takes time but you will get there smile

26. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I am starting to see some success. I have finally made 3 sales with amazon and between the first and the third not a lot of time has passed. I am getting excited that I may well be getting close to a tipping point where I will start making real money with this! My last sale was worth more then a few cents too! Actually worth dollars not cents and thats with the lowest % they offer their affiliates. 4 more to go and I will get a higher % big_smile

27. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

I do pretty good w/ amazon, lately I have been averaging around 200-300 month. (w/ hubpages and my blogs). I have a good conversion rate, 6-7%, but tend to sell low cost products.   I typically do better w/ Ebay and merchants through CJ and shareasale.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)