I need help driving traffic to my web site?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (48 posts)
  1. Danny Denney profile image60
    Danny Denneyposted 14 years ago

My budget for advertising is depleted and I need traffic, can anyone help me please?

1. CarynMurray profile image60
      CarynMurrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can offer some DIY tips, under the assumption you haven't already followed these steps. (Since you still need traffic, you probably haven't tried this yet.)

One thing to do is distribute articles on authority sites (like HubPages and Squidoo, but also on eHow, Associated Content, and of course with Ezinearticles.)

Be sure that any marketing articles are:

1) USEFUL to your target audience. It's okay to be relevant to your intentions, but it's more about getting your foot through the door with a potential consumer and letting them decide if they like you, trust you, and want to learn more about what you offer. It's worth repeating... USEFUL

2) QUALITY oriented. Too many business owners are going for quantity, and using things like article spinning to reach more for less but I can tell you right now something you should already know... that's a waste of time and money. Focusing on quantity produces spam, and spam will never be effective. One quality marketing article or page is a very powerful thing, and will have a return of 50% or more. Along with QUALITY this article has to be UNIQUE and I don't mean it will pass copyscape... I mean it should be completely original and stand out. Something that's actually worth reading... you know?

3) Finally, consider where you publish those articles. Don't limit yourself to the previously mentioned examples... focus on where your market goes for information.

There are a lot of ways to drive traffic to your site, but you also want to preheat and convert traffic... so article marketing is the most effective way to do it. Whether you do it yourself or hire a professional, you'll find this approach is the most cost effective solution.

Caryn Murray

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you're paying for traffic, you're going about it all the wrong way. And you're missing a very effective way to drive traffic to your site, because you haven't written any Hubs.

1. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. profile image52
      GMElliottposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You need to learn how to get the traffic - that is the subject of numerous digital products - it is the number 1 make or break - you don't need to spend any money to make money - start looking for free information or at least cheap information - you can buy alot of digital products for cheap some less than 30$ that lay it all out for you - I dont want to recommend any digital product in particular but they will give you a step by step guide if you look. Let me know how to give you the info.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you mean e-books, 90% of them are cr@p.  You need to do your research.  Hubbers Lissie and Eric Graudins have written a couple you might want to look at.

4. danielthorne profile image41
      danielthorneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Place a small classified in a popular business opp magazine

5. harryinc profile image59
      harryincposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest you to learn some SEO. Its easy and following simple steps and doing some tweaks can help you rank higher in search engines.

6. GreatContent profile image61
      GreatContentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Danny,

Several things you can do:

1) Participate in topic related forums

2) Do facebook marketing in topic related forums and groups

3) Write topic related articles to targeted audiences

All of this is free, and is very effective

7. profile image28
      melissasbizposted 13 years agoin reply to this

trafficswarm  really works well once you get to 15,000 points and if you spend at least 1 hour a day you can easily to to that within a month.
      writing articles
      do a blog page
      get lots of backlink also really help you get long term traffic

8. mfitz profile image61
      mfitzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WebsiteTrafficMakers is about to launch-they offer 10,000 monthly hits/visits as well as 1,000,000 TARGETED hits for UNDER $300.

They just inked a deal with NASCAR. They own sites like Vegas.com and Mexico.com as well as the largest Direct mail companies in the US.

<link snipped, no affiliate links in forums>
      These guys own 1,000's of web sites and have massive organic traffic ready to go for your sites. Dr. Mike

9. profile image56
      rockfarmerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Danny,

Getting targeted traffic is the biggest problem that everyone faces.  Here is a link to a service that provides targeted traffic and viral list building services.  It is 100% free.  You can visit webvisitors.org  for more information, no affiliates no gimmicks - just service with value.

As a bonus you get free tips and techniques..

10. MerchantGuide profile image41
      MerchantGuideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you don't have a budget for traffic you'll need good (i.e. actual) keywords listed on your site and webpages. then you'll need to distribute your content to help generate some traffic. what is your url? if you share it with me it will take me 5 minutes to see if you've got any chance of getting free traffic based on keywords...

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

There are some great tips on getting that traffic to your sites and blogs and hubs even on this site and all the tips are free ones, free to learn and free to use which equals free traffic! I would suggest you read as many of the hubs on here as you can about driving traffic, getting traffic, and SEO. All of these keywords will bring up some great hubs here on HP, there really is so much to say that its hard to get it all in a post on a forum thread like this. There are also a number of older threads about keywords and traffic and all that jazz so it might be best to do a site search instead of a hub search so that you get both in the results. It has been a steep learning curve for me but it would have to be a pretty special website that would get me to try using adwords for traffic now that I know about getting free traffic.

3. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

You should never, ever pay for traffic until you really know what your doing. It takes time to get a steady stream of traffic to your website. Here's some common ways:

1. Always have a blog attached to your website if you don't already. Make post about your subject being very narrow for each post. I actually use wordpress as a full, CMS website.

2. Make a dozen or so free blogs at wordpress, blogger and so on. Make them about your subject and post articles on that. Link each one to your website.

3. LINKS!! You have to roll up your sleeves and find all the related sites out there. Ask them all if they want to swap links with you. I get around 2,500 uniques a day on one site just from links.

4. List your website in a few hundred directories.

5. Get on toplist if you can find any.

6. Make hubs, lens, article ezine pages, all those free publish places and put a link back to your site.

7. Get an account at every social place like facebook and so on and put links in those.

I would never buy traffic, most is worthless. With adwords you always pay more than you ever get back, unless you make a grand on each sale or whatever. Good luck.

4. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

I can help you for free if you tell me what your website or blog is about....

1. profile image52
      xanu603posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello docrehab
      Isthe offer still available

thanks

5. juliusarevalo profile image59
    juliusarevaloposted 14 years ago

I have no budget when it comes with advertising or paying just to drive traffic on my website. We are on the same shoes. What I did was, I read books about SEO, write blogs, submit press releases. etc, But my target was to land the first on the search engine like google. It did worked and my website was on the first page with the target keywords. It did not happen overnight and it took me a lot of sacrifices in doing so.

Yes indeed they are right, you don't have to pay much to drive traffic on your website, unless a person running a business who had a budget to pay for the traffic.

6. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 14 years ago

I agree to all above, if you are not satisfied yet, I can give you a step by step plan free, just message me directly

1. profile image52
      xanu603posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello,

Is the offer still available as I really need a step by step information
      Thanks

7. Stephen Beck profile image61
    Stephen Beckposted 14 years ago

I completely agree with the above, especially kirstenblog, Bill and Caryn.  I've been using these methods and have seen a significant increase in traffic to my websites.  ( I currently have three places where I market my business).  Also, one thing to take special note of is keyword research.  If you'll do this and figure out what keywords your target audience is using to search, you can then specifically use those keywords in your articles and as tags for your articles.  Using this strategy (lots of free sites out there to help) can also help drive traffic to your site.

8. Stephen Beck profile image61
    Stephen Beckposted 14 years ago

P.S.  Here's a link to a great hub I just read myself by a woman who's new to Hubpages:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-Resources.

Her name is Judith Gill, and she's got some great thoughts.

Best of luck to you!

9. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 14 years ago

I found some pretty good traffic tips on Kim Roach's site at Buzzblogger.

10. adsensesecrets profile image60
    adsensesecretsposted 14 years ago

get keywords that are low competition and also here are some tips <snipped - no self-promotion in the Forums>

11. austinseonet profile image57
    austinseonetposted 14 years ago

I believe that article marketing does a great deal in getting links and traffic to your site. One characteristic of such articles is the presence of a so-called "bio box" at the end of the article. Such a section contains information about the author of the article, and about his business. These articles also include a link that can lead possible visitors back to the original Web site.

12. profile image0
    martin leytonposted 14 years ago

Another great way to get traffic is to bookmark your site but i don't me just you book them although that is still good way of promoting and driving traffic. But collaborate with a group of people and then book each others sites. But ideally you want your links all going back to central hub like your blog or web site with related content from your hub pages, enzine articles, squidoos etc

13. profile image50
    curioxatposted 14 years ago

It's a waiting game and you need a lor of persistance but having a relevent, link strategy is really the only way...

14. World Marketing profile image40
    World Marketingposted 14 years ago

Try a squidoo lens google loves squidoo.

15. soulman247 profile image60
    soulman247posted 14 years ago

LOl don't pay for traffic get free traffic

16. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

From what I hear it is beneficial to use article directories such as articlebase, goarticles and ezinearticles with a link in the resource box back to your site, also I have read that leaving comments in relevant forums is a good way to get more exposure for a blog.

Some find that using social networking sites such as twitter, facebook, linkedin and youtube are good for getting plenty of traffic. Also others have recommended contacting websites and blogs in your niche and offering to do a guest post or provide a joint venture offering content for their viewers in exchange for a backlink to your site.

Zimbio allows people to submit a blog and so does YouSayToo, you can also use offline techniques such as placing ads in local free weeklies or using direct mail postcards.

Some have found placing bumper stickers on their vehicle is a good way to get traffic to a website, or posting in corkboards on college campuses or washing machine centers, it just takes creativity.

17. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

People think they need traffic.

People who do not understand that Marketing is all about figuring out how to get "Traffic" and the only "Traffic" that matters is TARGETED TRAFFIC THAT CONVERTS.

So go figure out who your "Target Audience" is... where do they go, what do they do, and most important what do they want that you can give to them better than your competition can?

When you know this information you can refine your techniques and put your offer in front of people.

People fail because they don't know how to "Market".

And you don't "Need" traffic... you need to learn how to Market.  That is the harsh reality.

18. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Use a bicycle, lower fuel costs for driving your traffic and you will be fitter at the end of it!

19. lahoriamplifier profile image41
    lahoriamplifierposted 13 years ago

Well Use digg,twitter and Facebook

20. jssattain profile image57
    jssattainposted 13 years ago

join forums if you get target traffic so complete your seo.

21. ReggieD06 profile image59
    ReggieD06posted 13 years ago

Very good advice here. My Youtube videos have been helping me for my network marketing business. Also, make sure you have a way to track statistics so you can determine what strategies are working for you. Be persistent though, it takes time to build rapport with your audience. Good luck.

22. virgilsview profile image59
    virgilsviewposted 13 years ago

A lot depends on what your expectations are.

I've read several of these posts and several people have given excellent advice. I concur with the following thought: Traffic isn't necessarily what you need. CONVERSIONS are what you want.

Let me backtrack for a second. Yes, traffic IS needed - but ONLY if it's coming from a targeted market. I don't know what your product is but one of the first rules in marketing is to find a hungry market.

That means rather than just pick a product and try to sell it to anyone who will listen or you can get to your site - find a hungry market and give them what they want.

So, job #1 is find a hungry market. This is done through market research and there are many excellent resources for learning how to do that. A good starter book is "Guerilla Marketing".

I've also written a book that could help. It's called: "The Beginner's 'Easiest Book in the World' For Learning How to Write Powerful Sales Letters". A successful sales letter requires the same thought processes as any other good market strategy.

A person has to really know their market - and how people think - in order to write an effective sales letter. So my book includes a lot of step-by-step procedures on how to research a market and tap into their desires.

Also, another great resource is a blog you should visit and get acquainted with called "CopyBlogger". He publishes an amazing amount of free, valuable information.

You could also Google "Yanik Silver" and get some of his free ebooks bit be careful. Yanik is such a good writer he'll have you pulling out your wallet before you know it.

As with everything in life, there are no short, simple answers. Your success will take time because if it was easy everyone would do it, right? The problem is when we try to take shortcuts and then you fall prey to the predators out there.

I know that's a long post but I hope it helps.

Best wishes.

1. profile image56
      gmrwebteamposted 13 years ago

Hi,

As we know the importance of traffic on website. The amount of traffic or visitors you can get to your website it determines the amount of business you can get from your site. I think for that you have to concentrate on social media sites. They consist of set of methods for generating traffic on any website. It is done to impress human beings so you have to write impressive content

2. rated10 profile image60
      rated10posted 13 years ago

i recommend you use SEO, Social network marketing e.g. twitter etc
      i am currently using a professional advertising experts and its a two weeks free trial.. i can tell you i can't wait to upgrade there.. loads of traffics i have got.

copy and paste link: <link snipped, no promotional links>

click on 2 weeks free trial on top website to register..

goodluck

3. triosol profile image61
      triosolposted 13 years ago

You should try to get niche base taragated traffics from the Internet Marketers.

Few Internet marketers does regular ad swap to bring traffics to there website.

Driving Traffics is not important issue here. You can get Tons of Traffics but if it is not targated then it is useless.

You can also order solo ads from other internet marketers who is having same niche website.

Please let me know If  you want more details about it

4. kazemaru2 profile image59
      kazemaru2posted 13 years ago

Social networking helps look at various companies and celebrities who use Twitter to strengthen brand.

5. businesstrader profile image38
      businesstraderposted 13 years ago

I would advise learning more about SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Frequent forums like WebProWorld.com and there are always people willing to help.

1. Ipeoney profile image70
        Ipeoneyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

SEO is a good start, but is there a free SEO software? Google only? Some good info materials are expensive too, Some of them charge a monthly fee which is too much. Most People just don't have the resources. If you join social media be ready to mingle, if not no one will see you. Same as in bookmarking, You bookmark and promote your bookmark too. Article writing to many places like hubpages, xomba, ezine, go articles I think is a good way to get traffic.

6. adamsbell profile image55
      adamsbellposted 10 years ago

For bringing traffic to your website, you can use Social Media i.e , Facebook , Twitter, LinkedIn, So that people will visit your website and you will get traffic as well as sales for your website. You can send  post related to your business or you can make blogs

7. ShaamCA profile image60
      ShaamCAposted 10 years ago

If you are interest to spend money then move with adwords else you can work on social media sites like facebook,twitter it can generate you solid traffic

8. Drcensor profile image57
      Drcensorposted 10 years ago

Have you concidered Manual Traffic exchanges, real people looking at your site giving you viewing traffic if nothing else
      here is a link to my site, it's FREE so will cost you nothing but time.

h**phmm/trafficswap4u.com

9. profile image54
      jiffyhitsposted 10 years ago

www. JiffyHits. com can provide 200+ visitors to your site EVERY DAY! FOR 30 DAYS STRAIGHT! 100% GUARANTEED! ALL TRACKABLE! GOOGLE SAFE! ADSENSE SAFE! CPA SAFE! PANDA, PENGUIN & HUMMINGBIRD SAFE! ALL REAL HUMANS!!!!! CHECK OUT OUR SITE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!
      www. JiffyHits. com

10. renaudgagneblog profile image62
      renaudgagneblogposted 10 years ago

1. Have a blog

2. Be CLEAR about your target market

3. Bring value daily on that topic

4. Look for leaders in that target market

5. Follow their blog, like, share and comment on their stuff

6. Develop a relationship with them

7. Offer them to write an article for them on their blog

11. profile image52
      VelocityLocal1posted 10 years ago

I'm also need answer for this question for /velocitylocal.com

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)