Kontera Question

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)
  1. profile image0
    terrygposted 15 years ago

I see the Kontera Ask your questions here thread had been "disappeared" from the Official Hubpages Announcements.

Firstly, I wonder why.

Secondly, why does Kontera display our "History of Earnings" in the Summary Reporting Custom Date Period being limited to 25 February 2008 as of todays date and no more.  The fact is that Kontera summary reports only display the past six months earnings history and thats all.

There will be one or two hubbers who will not meet the $100.00 threshold in six months and I will be one of them based upon the current earnings.

Can I be assured by HP that even if my Kontera account extends beyond the six month summary reporting feature in Kontera I will be paid the amount that I as a hubber had accumulated in the proceeding months that is not within the summary report (i.e. greater than 6 months)? 

If so why is there not a feature where I can see my life time earnings on Kontera?

Is it fair that I have to "trust" Kontera,  when I really cannot see beyond the six month period of my actual earnings, that I will receive full payment in a timely manner as stated in the TOS of Kontera.

HP promotes this service and has formed a partnership of sorts with me by allowing me to be a member of HP and to accept my status. I believe it is only fair to be re-assured. It would appear HP has a close relationship with the Kontera team who might be inclined to add an "All Time" earnings report as Adsense does.

I need help because there is no other avenue for me to ask this question.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

The thread has been moved to this forum and is buried a few pages in. But I asked a similar question and got no answer. As soon as I get to $100 I am canceling my account. I must admit it hadn't occurred to me that my earnings would be so low I would have to let them keep the money for months before I got paid. No reason I can see for a minimum $100 payout other than to cheat you out of a few pennies. If the earnings were at the level of google adsense, it would not be an issue.

They couldn't even be bothered to say, "OK I am done answering dumb questions, ciao"

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I saw that Mark and the fact you bumped it a few times as well, still with no result. PD started the thread way back asking what we thought and we provided our answers. If this does not work, then HP will take a slam dunk on credibilty for sure.

Me being the optimist I started here

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=konte … AU285AU285

and was dismayed to see some 15k of pages.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59

Oops. I just took hubpages word for it that it was on the up and up. I don't know about all those pages, but a simple answer to a simple question would have shut me up. I use several other similar services and they pay out on the nail at the end of the month regardless of your earnings. Not happy I have to wait months to be paid. It is not as though they pay by direct bank deposit which costs a lot. They pay with paypal.

4. profile image0
    terrygposted 15 years ago

I agree.

Not only that but when you pay to advertise on K I am pretty sure you have to make an immediate payment, not some months later.

5. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 15 years ago

Funny that. I turned off Kontera ads on all my hubs just yesterday.

I'll now see if my Adsense revenue picks up.

In almost 2 months of having Kontera Ads I made on Adsense half what I did in the one month before (so my Adsense earnings were 25% of what they were). Is that a result of there being Kontera ads? Did the Kontera Ads attract more attention or just distract attention?

They can keep my $1.52. Its going to take far too long for me to get to the $100 threshold.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I didn't enable Kontera until mid-July, so I'm very curious about this.  I'll keep an eye out and see how my August turns out.  If it's sucky, I'll turn them off for September and see what happens.

6. Mark Knowles profile image59

Well, they owe me $52 at the moment. Not a great deal of money, but I want it as a matter of principal. I will of course have to wait another 2 months before I get it sad

Once I get it, I will turn them off. I guess if I wanted to I could add them to my other sites, but I thought I would try them here before doing so. I know interest rates are low, but still......

7. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 15 years ago

Hello, I have a query concerning kontera. Although I have inserted my affiliate code in the settings frame and the status indicates "active", I do not see any kontera ads or icons on my web page. Could someone help?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Log out

8. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

You can agree or disagree with Kontera's minimum payout policy, but I don't think you can say they were sneaky about it.   It's stated fairly clearly on the payment methods page and in their Knowledge Base.  I just updated our FAQ to make it a little more clear from our side that Kontera may not make sense for Hubber's that don't have a decent amount of traffic.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say they were sneaky about it. It is my own fault for not checking their TOS. I do disagree with it and would have appreciated an answer from them to the question I raised, along with an answer to the question I also posed about the poor quality of unrelated ads I was seeing.

Realistically, they are an add-on advertiser to google adsense, but with a far lower eCPM, so I don't see why they are sticking to the same payout as google. It is like google saying they will only payout at $500.

As for "decent amount of traffic" - I only get about 50,000 page views a month and I will only get paid out every 4 months or so, which I have decided is unreasonable.

I see no reason I should have to wait that long.

9. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

I have just disabled the Kontera ads on all of my Hubs because my adsense earnings have taken a massive nose dive this month, I will keep them off for a bit to see if adsence increases again, will let you know the results in a week......jimmy

10. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Looks like I made a wise move not turning it on here tongue

I have it on my main site though, and I think I will turn it off there soon, too. It gives just a tad more than a dollar per day on 5000+ pageviews, and I am starting to think it's not worth the annoyance. I can't really tell that my Adsense earnings dropped because of it though, cause I had quite a few other changes going on during that time...

I'm gonna try Chitika next smile

PS Oh, and btw, I have much better success with Widget bucks and Shopzilla - may be HP want to look there, too...

PPS In fact, its a perfect timing - I just went to check my earnings there, and it shows $101.56 since June 3rd big_smile I turned it off on the spot - and gonna watch if my adsense goes up smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)