This Week's HubNuggets Celebrate the Freedom to Write.

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

In many countries around the world, illiteracy abounds.

In some nations, the literate are not permitted to write, speak freely, or fully access the Internet.

Hubbers are grateful for the freedom to write and be recognized on HubPages, so in the tradition of the peoples who fight for the freedom to write, we bring to you:

When Kung Fu Nuggets Strike!

1. horsecrazyheidi profile image61
      horsecrazyheidiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so right I am so thankful to be born in a country that we can still say whats on are mind. Even if we don't always put it just right

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Great hub Patty and how true that we are lucky to be allowed the freedom to write.

Congrats hubnuggeteers on being this weeks featured writers and good luck for your hubnuggets to be chosen.

I will finish reading then return to vote.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thank you Zsuzsy; you are always a welcomed participant in the Nuggets and forum threads!

4. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Great hub, Patty! Mind you, I'd expect nothing less wink Congratulations to all the wannabes!
    big_smile

5. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Voted!

6. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Finished reading all the great wannabe hubs and voted.

7. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Thank you Patty for reminding us about this. I am grateful to be able to have the freedom to write.  And WOH...Kung Fun Nuggets??? This is super exciting!!! I'm on my way... smile

To the Hubnuggets Nominees...congrats for your nomination and good luck!

8. Naomi R. Cox profile image60
    Naomi R. Coxposted 14 years ago

I voted. Good luck to all the nominees.

9. Money Glitch profile image64
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

O.k. I voted! I like your hub theme as well Patty smile

10. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I voted and read all the hubs of the participants, Thank you,

11. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

Yes we are lucky to have the freedom to write and have our opinions heard.

12. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thank you 1,000,000 times for voting, Everyone.

13. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Voted.  Wonderful hubs on a wide assortment of topics.  Tough choices, but I finally honed in on one in the end.  Congrats to all.

14. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks for voting! I hope each vote encourages all of our Hubbers new and old to write more great Hubs!

15. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

hi i have never taken part in this before, what do i do help

16. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Hi poetlorraine - Just go to the Hub, read the 10 Hubs up for voting and vote for your favorite one in the poll at the edge of the page. Thanks for participating!

17. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

We Have Our Winners! -

For Wednesday February 10, 2010; This week's winners:

24% The Ugly Truth About Puppy Mills by lisaluv9784
    17% Unusual Tulsa: The Center of the Universe and the Artificial Cloud by Urbane Chaos
    12% Telemedicine - a boon to rural commuities by billnelems
    10% Adobe Photoshop Layers – EXPLAINED by mynameisnotpaul
    10% Simple DYI tips on Laminate Flooring by susanne71

Great effort in these high-quality Hubs and congratulations to all our Top 10 of the Week!!

Best wishes in Hubbing for the freedom to write,

Patty

18. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Congrats! smile

19. lovelypaper profile image56
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

Congrats to the winners!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)