Where is God

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 15 years ago

1.    OH FATHER WHERE ART THOU?    By Michael J Quinlan

Where in the world is God today?
    In this fast paced modern Hi Tech internet age has He fallen behind like the rest of the people who refused to conform to the latest craze or fad? Did He pack His bags and head off to a distant planet to start all over again? Only this time no forbidden fruit on a tree and Satan has been left behind to terrorize those that did not make the grade.

If you look at the growth of religious orders and gospels and mega churches He should be able to find a welcome spot. Or have they all just a knowledge of Him or more to the point taken some of His Son’s many words and published their version of the Gospel of Jesus and would not know him if he showed up in person? Or maybe he would not meet the educational “No Saint left behind requirements”!

Many of these well meaning organizations have myriads of information on Him and His creation, and followers can quote many of His sacred scriptures, but then again volumes have been written on Shakespeare by people who claim to be authorities on good old Will, but they have never even talked or shared a beer with the guy! Yet for some reason known only to themselves, know how he lived, felt, and thought. Sounds kind of crazy, and yet if Will came back to life and walked among them would they accept him into their fold? Or would they have painted such an unrealistic picture of him that they would call him an impostor and politely ask him to leave?  Book him into a mental hotel or Find him a place on Jerry Springer….” See Willy slap the Dickens out of Prince Charles live on Springer!!!!

I think its time someone yelled stop the bus! And let’s see who is actually on it….. and why we let them on in the first place? Many of us from birth because of the environment we were raised in have been yoked with burdens that were never a predestined load to bear and all this has accomplished so far (For some of us!) is the slowing down and hindering of our growth and wellbeing.

For example if you grew up in a religious organization you were at an early age introduced to their doctrinal lenses on the world around you.
    After a while you could become a clone, marry a clone and produce more clones.
    Sounds exciting!!! Amen!

On the other hand you could have had non religious parents who were independent free thinkers and encouraged you to explore and discover the ends of the earth and live a vibrant life. With encouragement like that the world would be your Oyster and you would be a cool person to hang out with and your of spring would be fruitful and multiply? (Sounds real attractive to me)

Then of course you could have grown up in a drug, alcohol, dysfunctional family environment. Learned how to yell, fight, self sabotage and in general live a very depressing and unhealthy life, you know! Marry, Divorce, Re Marry produce more unhappy Fagan’s (Oliver twist), who unless they received some serious intervention would carry on the family tradition and be the butt end of comedians jokes.  The chances of an early checkout in that sinario are pretty good!

Another case that could find a home in the first and third paragraph above is race and color and that has been the catalyst for some pretty distraous consequences on account of mans false illusions about his superiority.

Now if our mental heath is dependent upon the environment we have grown up in! Then Darwin’s theory of the survival of the fittest would most definitely come into play and the world would be a very unfair place, would it not. Just ask your local Rabbi! But that’s not happening is it?

Ok! Now ask yourself if there is a God…Where in the world is he in all of this, I mean why would he create man and then let him of the leash only to mess up the backyard and scare of the neighbors. Is this the loving thing to-do?
      If you look at the last 2000 years we have had one religious war after another. The middle east, northern Ireland, The Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, WW2( Yes Hitler believed he was doing gods work by eradicating the Jewish population), Bosnia . So if God is a religious God I sure don’t want to meet him and most defiantly not on a bad day.

Maybe he is in corporate America? Then again they don’t really have a head just a breathing mass of hungry share holders and some for some reason known only to themselves are always hungry for more and will never be satisfied.

Yes maybe there are some corporations that do genuinely care, can’t think of any at the moment lol. But they do care about their public image and the good old bottom line and if you have ever had a pink slip then you know all about corporate unconditional love, no security there!

Now I don’t think he lives in statues or religious artifacts because if that was the case you could buy him take home and pop him up on the mantel piece or nail him to the wall. Better still stick your old bath tub out in the front lawn end up and depending on which God is in vogue proudly display it, kneel before it, and ask it lots of questions even pray to it.
    I have news for you whether its made of wood, alabaster or a precious metal it wont answer you back and if it did your property would be declared a scared spot and there goes your peace and quiet as you struggle home through the candle awed multitudes.

I have lived in this country (North America) since June 25th 1988 and while I love the vastness and beauty of this contentment I’m not in love with American Christianity. My journey through the American churches has been sadly disappointing. I came here with a passion for God and all that he has to offer us. I expected (naively) that the church here would be just as passionate, but I was greatly disappointed. You see I had and still have a wonderful love for god and the glorious wonders and life he has to offer through an intimate relationship with him.

Over the past 20 years I have only met a hand full of people who were thoroughly passionate about God, the vast majority had a knowledge about him or were more concerned about their status before others or telling other Christians how they should live their lives or building their own kingdoms and bringing converts into the same bondage as themselves
    . In short I believe God brought me to this country to teach me how to love the lost sheep of his flock and it has been very hard class to take! Many times I have wanted to quit. But as I slowly progress and gain his understanding of unconditional love I gain understanding of how he feels by the churches rejection of his love

. All God wanted in the very beginning was a relationship with Adam and eve. It was so simple! God having healthy fellowship with his creation. They talked about everything and laughed at each others humor , there were no big list of rules to follow except one don’t eat the fruit of just one tree….that was it!

Yes we all know the rest of the story and the resulting fall out. The world has not lived in peace since and will not until it surrenders its false illusions of grandeur and superiority at the foot of his throne and accepts the free gift of his son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. There is no other way, the struggle has been going on for centuries and will continue until Jesus returns to claim those that love and follow him and those that have rejected him will tragically not enter into his eternal peace and life everlasting. 

So where is God? He is here right now ready and willing to enter your life  and the best way to ask him in is to ask him or his son Jesus to give you the faith to believe that they exist and leave the rest up to him and not to religion……

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

God is the basic fabric of this universe pervading all. smile
      So its where does God not exist? smile

There are also two aspects for God,
        1-the source-the ball of light
        2-the source manifesting itself- everything we can see and beyond. smile

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

What's this "the source-the ball of light"? Could you describe please.

Certainly.As you concentrate between your eyebrows you will see a point of light or star at a great distance,you are seeing with the inner eye.
      As your concentration encreases you will got too and fro from the point of light with your breath,i.e inhalation you go to the point of light and exhalation you go away from  it.You realise that is is the source.
      Upon practicing for some time you keep dropping your ego or thoughts or attatchments.Then comes a time when you come to the end of the tunnel and the point of light becomes a huge ball-God.Letting go you implode into this ball end then explode into light which has no end and no beginning. Enlightenment-being one with the light. smile

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

God is a thing!  Exactly what thing, I have no idea, but God is a thing.  smile

1. docbenduke profile image59
      docbendukeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

God is not a thing.He is the creator of heavens and the earth,The alpha and Omega.God is our heavenly Father.Thank you...

4. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 15 years ago

Hi Sandra :0)
    What is a thing? and who made the thing ?and where did the thing come from?
    great to see you.... Mike

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The thing of course.  You know that thing.  God whatever God is.  Yeah....God's a thing.  smile

1. profile image0
        mikeq107posted 15 years agoin reply to this

darn thing,,,,stuipd thing...big thing ..small thing...loud thing...think it lives on my block thing....later :0

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

yeah, yeah, some "thing" like that. lol.  smile

1. profile image0

OH That Thing!... lol....Thought I was going Mad...now I can rest in Peace..later :0) Mike Q

5. Sand Box Vet profile image59
    Sand Box Vetposted 15 years ago

I don't believe in God. I think that finding your inner peace is what religion sells to people as God. It's all about finding what makes you happy and spreading that to others. The world is corrupt enough and others would benefit from your bit of joy. Too many wars have been fought and too many people have been slain in the name of God for religion to be a good thing.

6. knolyourself profile image60

Good points. My question is if religion can be thought of as pertaining primarily to the future, good or bad future fortune, life after death, a reason for existence as some future make-sense,
    do not people need it, and will do that thing whatever.

1. profile image0

Yes!You sure are right...God hates religion...it kills brain cells and stunts mental growth..He created us to have fellowship with him not religion...can you imagine if you were to have a religous realtionship with your spouse , it would be incredibly boring and predictable and you would lead the sex life of monk till christmass and no life yuck! ask your local religous person where free will comes into the equation or unconditional love, any way just a few thoughts....later mike:)

7. Sand Box Vet profile image59

I don't believe people need religion to have good morals and be kind to others. Death is the only thing that is 100% and we must all accept this. In my opinion, I think people cling to religion because they don't want to believe that it's 'lights out' when you die (just how it was before birth).  Religion is bad. Our Christian nation is at war with Islam now (Jihad) and look where it's getting us, more in debt. I think it's time that people accept that there is no after life and get on with their lives they have now in this present moment. I don't need a book written by other men (with their own agenda) to tell me how I should live my life or I'll burn in hell forever. What kind of God would condemn someone to hell just because he won't accept him?  Again, I don't have to believe in God to live a good life. And honestly, as I see the church goers and the way they act, I'd rather burn in hell than live with them for all eternity.

8. Sand Box Vet profile image59

P.S. Not trying to kill the party at all. So if I'm coming off as a jerk or you're offended at all, please accept my apologies. One last thought before bedtime (living in Germany now):

Extraordinary claims (God), requires extraordinary proof- forget where I read that, but it makes since. I've never seen any proof of anything that I wasn't able to explain. I've been to war and watched women and children burn to death and if that's God's will, then he's no better than Satan (hypothetically speaking). Evil is man's decision and that's where the free will kicks in. No one forces us to do anything because it's our choice to do so. Will continue tomorrow, good night.

1. profile image0

No Did not think you were being a jerk at all...just honest about what you believe...have a good nights sleep...mike

2. profile image0
      Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry that you had to go through that man.

I am so sorry, I wish there was something I could do.

You were right about the jihad part in your last post, sigh.

9. adrainsean profile image41
    adrainseanposted 15 years ago

the source of light idea was great but i think it is the deeds of man more important than just the results...

what u do matter but more so the way u do mattters more

10. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

God is Energy. The Source of all that is. There is an order to the way things are...that is God. But it is not God that hurts and kills people, even in natural disaster...it is the human consciousness gone out of alignment with the order of the universe that hurts people.

Even in wars it is also the human consciousness that tries to help and defend people...because they believe they are worthy to be saved because they are a part of God.

Humans are imperfect, their actions are imperfect...shit happens...even though good intentions were at the forefront. With so many minds mucking around in a particular situation, is it any wonder things go bad from good intentions?

Wouldn't it be great if we could all get on the same page and act in unity of purpose and love?

11. knolyourself profile image60

Thank you Sir; excellent explanation. I was thinking
    ball of light - unembodied soul. Have had similar but different experience of oneness. Ecstatic, but I go, been there done that. Is there anything more do you think?

My pleasure, final stage is omniscience or all knowledge .Once you have come across the source and taste the ecstacy of God ,happy to know you have felt his ecstacy.
      Then there are different levels of superconsciousness which expand the mind as well and come with a state of ecstacy but is not to be mixed up with the God dimension.

How are you creating is what I want to know,
      That is the only way I can grow. smile
      Knowledge does not stop with enlightenment but a new journey starts. smile

12. white atlantic profile image58
    white atlanticposted 15 years ago

nice thoughts..................actually no one hre s sure abt Gods existence.......so this debate happens n dis will cotinue........no evidence for both..........

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)