How many views do most people get on their hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (29 posts)
  1. College politico profile image59
    College politicoposted 16 years ago

How many views do most people get on their hubs?

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 16 years ago

I don't think there is any sort of average that can be supplied as an answer to this.

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 16 years ago

The top hubs can get several thousand pageviews per month.  The average is a little under 200 pageviews per month for a published hub.

College politicoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

So if I have a little over 1000 views in about 3 days with my most popular hub having 575 views that means I'm doing pretty well right?

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Are you building for the short-tail?  Or the long-tail? 

If your strategy is the former, you're doing well.  However, the topics you've chosen clearly have a "shelf-life" and over the long run, you might see your Hubs losing relevancy or dropping in search popularity.

Right now most of my blogs are for the short term since they are news items

4. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

My best hub has 372 views per month. My hot hub has 1394 total views per month.

This is of course very high yet very low statistics compared to other hubbers hubs.

Hope this helps you..

5. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

Traffic is only one of the components of HubScore, but this will give you a reasonable idea of what kind of traffic hubs in different ranges may be getting.

Hubscore 98-100 - 75 hubs - average 3700 views per month
    Hubscore 93-97 - 301 hubs - average 1700 views per month
    Hubscore 88-92 - 863 hubs - average 1130 views per month
    Hubscore 83-87 - 2103 hubs - average 677 views per month
    Hubscore 78-82 - 4060 hubs - average 400 views per month
    Hubscore 73-77 - 6477 hubs - average 180 views per month

If you want something to shoot for there are a handful of hubs that are doing more than 100,000 page views a month, and almost a hundred that are doing more than 10,000 page views a month.

6. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

Very interesting paul. You have given us something to shoot for. Thanks:)

7. MM Del Rosario profile image84
    MM Del Rosarioposted 16 years ago

100,000 page views a month --- that is amazing, I wonder how did they do that - what kind of promotions do they use?  (hint...hint please)

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think to reach that level you need to either, 1) have one of your hubs make it to the top of one of the popular social sites (digg, reddit, slashdot, stumbleupon etc.), or 2)  be in the top few positions for a popular search term.

Here is a one hint: http://www.google.com/search?q=guitar+hero+3+cheats

Once you get in that position, natural back linking will help keep you there.  The trick, I think, is figuring out what search term is about to explode a few days before it happens.  SunSeven has had a few big hits similar to this.

Interesting. thanks for all your help so far pauldeeds!

8. Isabella Snow profile image85
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

If you want to be a political blogger, you would get more attention actually having a blog, and joining the "politico" bloggers. There are plenty of them and you'd get ongoing traffic from link exchanges.

Well yes that may be true but I like this site because its extremely easy to use, very informative, and lets you advertise. Plus I don't just want to blog about political stuff as you can see by some of my posts so far. Thanks though

9. profile image0
    helenathegreatposted 16 years ago

Very interesting, Paul.  Thank you so much for sharing all of that!

10. rb101182 profile image76
    rb101182posted 16 years ago

I tried to use stumble upon and paste the code into my page but I didnt know how to do it. does anyone know if thats what you're supposed to do, paste the stumbleupon code on your page? if so, where do you paste it?

11. spuds profile image59
    spudsposted 16 years ago

You can never get enough views. You always want more!

12. Jerrico Usher profile image56
    Jerrico Usherposted 16 years ago

Paul, I'm Curious (spell?) what is this hub score that shows up on my picture? I do nothing and one day its at 81 the next 79 and the next 69 the score on my blog also does this.. can you enlighten a newbie as to what this system is and how it works and how it impacts our bottom line? I tried to find info on it but have failed.. maybe I'm not seeing it.. care to help?

Jerrico

p.s. on another note, not knowing what it is doesnt stop one from getting excited that he's at 81 where the top score seems to be 100 wink but wisdom and knowledge are two different tigers.. I would like to graduate to wise as to why I am so happy about this score smile hehe thanx.

13. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

The HubScore is calculated for each individual hub.  Many factors go into determining the score and the algorithm is something we are constantly adjusting, with the objective being that the "best" content will have the highest score.  That said, a low score doesn't necessarily mean we think your hub isn't any good -- traffic and page views is the big decider between a score of 70 and a score of 90-100, for an otherwise good hub.   You can read little more about it here in the FAQ:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscore

We also calculate a Hubber Score, which is what you see on your profile page or with your picture here in the forum.  Many factors also feed into this, with the intent being that the score is representative of your over all contribution to the HubPages community.   The most important way to contribute here is by creating good hubs, so correspondingly that is the biggest factor in the Hubber Score.  However we also look at contributions in the forums, reading and commenting on other peoples (worthwhile comments only please, spam will be penalized severely), your fans and who you are a fan of, etc.  This score also favors recent contribution, so your score will probably decline during long periods of inactivity. 

Both the HubScore of your hubs and the Hubber Score will bounce around quite a bit.  That's just the way they work.  A little bit of perturbation helps ensure more hubs and authors get reasonable exposure on the site.

14. stubbs profile image64
    stubbsposted 16 years ago

One of my hubs is 18,000 views a month and my top ten hubs get between 100-700 a day.

1. makemoneyonline profile image38
      makemoneyonlineposted 16 years agoin reply to this

But how much earnings for such traffic ? My traffic for all my blogs (not only on hubpages) is about [redacted] per month for 40$ earnings (so [redacted] eCPM).

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
        pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It's a violation of the AdSense TOS to reveal anything but total earnings (ie. cpm is supposed to be kept private).  You should be careful what you publicize.

1. stubbs profile image64
          stubbsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

sorry is what ive said ok paul? if not is there anyway you can delete where ice said earnings please

2. makemoneyonline profile image38
          makemoneyonlineposted 16 years agoin reply to this

OK thanks for the info Paul.

15. stubbs profile image64

i have 58 hubs, ive been hubbing (properly although joined awhile ago) for just under 2 months. I will get my first payment this month. and will get a second the month the after that as my amount is already almost at the 200 mark.

16. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 16 years ago

Hey Stubbs - I like your new Christmas hat!

17. stubbs profile image64

thanks, i like it too keeps me nice and warm.

come on people break out your Christmas pics!! follow the trend

18. Isabella Snow profile image85
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

Thats pretty impressive traffic, Stubbs, where does most of it come from?

Is it straight from yahoo or google, or its from you creating backlinks somewhere?

1. stubbs profile image64
      stubbsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

my top source is hubpages then digg then google. hubpages and digg are pretty much equal with Google only a little behind. I do well on digg with a few particular articles/pictures.

(i don't know how much information we are allowed to divulge?)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)