Why did my hubscore go down

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 14 years ago

Yesterday hubscore was 77.   I published one new hub with score 58 and no outgoing links and I did not place any monotizing adwords or amazon or ebay on it.  Now today hubscore is 73?

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It fluctuates a lot, no one really understands why. As long as you keep it above 50, you're doing good. Don't worry about it too much smile

2. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is 79 now.

3. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because it couldn't get it up!!

2. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 14 years ago

Don't wory Pani, it happens all the time and hubbers who have been around for ages can't say for definate why scores fluctuate so much.  Other more experienced hubbers will be able to give you links which explain how it all is supposed to work.  In the meantime, your hubscore is more than respectable.  Keep up the good work!

3. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

HubScores go up and down.  That's just how HubPages designed them. 

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

The one cut-off point you want to keep in mind is 75.  If your AuthorScore (the number in the corner of your avatar) drops below that, all your outgoing links become nofollow.  So many folks sort of think of that as a quality benchmark that is worth maintaining.  On an individual hub, that cut-off will kick in if the score gets down to 40, which is most often where scores fall if you are doing something spammy.

4. profile image0

Well this kid of upsets me.  My new hub topic was about finding russian woman for marriage from my own experience.  Not really related to tile cleaning and maybe they thought it was spammy.  So now I gotta go unpublish this hub and see if my score goes back up.  Ya I am aware of the 75 point cutoff so going from 77 to 73 really cuts me down.  If they dont want me to publish anything unrealted to other hubs then fine I will go to squidoo.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sometimes just tweaking a hub a little will make the score creep up. i don't think HubPages is trying to restrict your publishing in any way. also, i have noticed that when people comment, the score goes up. don't get discouraged...

2. profile image57
      foreignpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yikes! Finding Russian women for marriage!? Let me read that before you take it down! I'm assuming it was a positive endorsement.

5. relache profile image71

Be aware that it takes a few days before the algorithm really has a chance to see how the Hub is performing.  Scores often "bounce" a bit when new before the score settles down.

In the four years I've been here, I've seen no problem with publishing things that are unrelated to what I've written previously.

6. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I have often seen my score drop slightly (5-7 points) upon publishing a new hub.  It may take a day or two for your score to level out, but don't blame it on the subject matter of what you just published, as long as it is within the rules.

What I have most seen affect a score is the amount of traffic that the hubs are getting.  If your traffic rises greatly the score will usually go up within the next 12-24 hours.  If it drops off then the score will go down, but it since it is not instant, you don't always see the connection.

7. profile image0

Well this traffic thing kind of seems crazy too.  So what now I got to go unpublish all the hubs that dont get traffic?  Of course I want my hubs to get traffic.  Do I gotta go hire a service to get traffic to my hubs.

8. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

no no...I wouldn't erase or 'unpublish' any of your existing hubs (so long as you have written within the rules). I would either tweak your hubs or find a way to link your hubs on other sites.
    Again, I wouldn't erase them...just learn and move on.

9. relache profile image71

I think the first bullet point listed in this bit from HubPages FAQ list might be helpful to you.

Things that can lower your HubScores

Also, here are suggestions for boosting your HubScore based on my own experiences over the last four years on this site,

http://hubpages.com/hub/Boosting-HubScores

10. profile image0

Well all of my hubs do have a link to my website.  Why else do I want to write hubs if I am not going to get a link to my website.  Writing about tile cleaning is not fun so I gotta get some motivation.  My hubs I feel do have usefull relevant content though so that should be valued.  I am not going to continue writing tile cleaning hubs if I get nothing out of it.  No there is no way I will get adwords money from these tile cleaning hubs so that is not going to work.  Not enough traffic in the world for that. Sorry but all in all most people write because there is something in it for them. 

Maybe I should just write short non infomative hubs like "buy a yellow widget" and post amazon links and maybe my hubscore will go up.

11. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Hubscores fluctuate, but are based on several factors. I think the best thing you can do to get your hubscore above the no-follow threshold is to write a few more hubs and increase your forum participation smile

12. borge_009 profile image72
    borge_009posted 14 years ago

Same goes as mine.  But what I usually do is I update and edit my hubs regularly to solve this kind of issues.  And it helps a little.

13. Dame Scribe profile image55
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

You can write about whatever you like and not necessarily focused on tile cleaning. smile Write on topics that are of interest to you. Look at other Hubs and see how they are done so you can improve upon your own. HP also has a FB site you can join and lots of other social media to promote traffic. Outside traffic is preferable to internal traffic from HP. Hope this helps and welcome to HubPages. smile

14. DanPowers profile image49
    DanPowersposted 14 years ago

My hubscore goes down a bit when I write new hubs.

If you have less than 50 hubs things will be pretty volatile.

I still haven't joined the 90+ club - I don't know what I need to achieve this!

15. profile image0

OK well I signed up to be an amazon affiliate, posted some amazon products on a hub and got back up to 78.  Good thing hubpages is here for all the right reasons.  Making money.

16. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

I really don't care what my score is. I make hubs when I have the time, post here in the forum when I feel like it.

As for the magical 75 mark and no-follow, if you have any links, make them because you want the traffic. Then it does not matter a damn if they are no-follow or not.

In fact I don't think that matters to Google anymore anyway. Hubpages can do away with all the scoring for all I care. It's a gimmick just like all the other places that use something like it.

17. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

They fluctuate A LOT. My highest was 97, but right now I'm very low (89) because I haven't spent much time on the site in a couple of weeks. Quality of hubs and activity on the site affect it -- but ultimately, the number doesn't matter all that much to me as long as I'm making money.

18. profile image0

Really not hard to say you dont care when your hub is above 75.  I believe if you got lower then that your hubs and hublinking would go down and you will then lose money and then care.  Me I have not made any money but I do appreciate the dofollow links.

Anyway I have been on here a lot just reading forums and other hubs and so I am at 79.  Ya I dont care if it goes down neither now.  As long as it stays above 75 LOL.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)