Respect should be a default faculty of man

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friends

The Atheists don’t respect others; they deride followers of all other religions. They assert that respect has to be earned, which is quite wrong.

Respect should be a default faculty of man – one earns it simply by birth from the fellow human beings.

Not only that every human being should be respected but the creeds he has should also be respected, which means that every human being has the right to express his beliefs fully and freely without fear of derision, persecution or ridiculing by others with foul and filthy words and or actions.

Nevertheless, it does not mean that one should accept wrong beliefs of others deaf and dumb. Allowing others a right to co-exist peacefully; the respect of a human being lies in that one should give rational, reasonable and logical arguments to prove others wrong and or to convince others of the wrong in their beliefs.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.
    Do you agree with me?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tell me one reason for respecting you.
      You're attacking Atheists, showing a total lack of respect !

So I will  lol lol lol

at you.

2. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not only that every human being should be respected but the creeds he has should also be respected, which means that every human being has the right to express his beliefs fully and freely without fear of derision, persecution or ridiculing by others with foul and filthy words and or actions.

I'll give anyone respect at first, because I believe everyone deserves a chance, no matter what religion you are, or aren't.  But it seems that too many others won't even consider that behavior, though, which is why all of these forum threads become so ridiculous.

Tammy

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quite right. The OP believes that married women who are in a closed room with a man not their husband should be arrested and jailed. That seems a perfectly acceptable belief to express and very much worthy of respect.

How very tolerant of you to accept that. I am impressed - most women would find this offensive. Well done.

1. TamCor profile image81

Sorry, Mark--You're not drawing me into your battles...

I stated how I feel about the post this person made.  There are a lot of people on here that I don't agree with on a lot of things, but I still respect their right to feel the way they do.

Good for you. If you want to respect his right to think and say that women should be stoned to death for allowing themselves to be raped, I am impressed with your tolerance.

Which is what I said I think.

I wasn't looking for a battle. You already know I think these are disgusting beliefs and I will argue against them till the day I die.

1. TamCor profile image81

"I'll give anyone respect at first, because I believe everyone deserves a chance, no matter what religion you are, or aren't."

THIS is what I said.  I had never even read anything from this OP before, so I believe that my statement speaks for itself.

Of course I don't agree with these barbaric beliefs about women.

And, if this is truly this person's belief, then I can see I have no more to say to them.  I'd rather stay out of hate-filled threads--my life is much more peaceful when I do, and I value my peace highly.

So I will leave this thread now--and go enjoy what really makes me happy...my family.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
            Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Respect their right to believe as they do, you said it correctly. But there's no reason to respect any misguided and misguiding beliefs themselves.

2. profile image49
          paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Mark Knowles

" The OP believes that married women who are in a closed room with a man not their husband should be arrested and jailed."

Did I ever mentioned it to you? I don't think so.

Thanks

2. profile image53
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What should we do if the beliefs expressed by an individual deride, persecute and ridicule others?

1. profile image49

Hi friend (Q)

One should stick to reason .

Thanks

3. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please. Most of the people I know are:
      a) respectful of others
      b) atheists.
      Don't judge by Internet forums or blowhards who like media attention. People are not representative of themselves on the Web... it's the VIRTUAL world, not the real one.

1. profile image49

Hi friend 82AdsenseStrategies

I agree with you.

Thanks

2. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 14 years ago

Forget it. Won't happen. Emotion runs thicker than water. Tolerance and respect for personal views -- religion or any other hot button topic -- would take more effort than humans have to offer.
       Mention Islam, for example, and there will be an array of epithets about terrorism and bombings. Mention Christianity and atheists will condemn God for being unjust and cruel, not realizing that God is concerned with everlasting life and not the day-to-day musings of a childlike and brain dead species.
       In my personal dealings with life, I've found that people are tolerant of others only when personal selfish needs are met. Otherwise the animal instinct for self-preservation takes over and tolerance for others becomes "Do unto others before they do it to you."
       Sorry for my cynical rant. Your post, paarsurry, was well meant and very truthful. But we are an inherently flawed species. This genetic impairment will never be eradicated.

No - you have to earn respect. Sorry - it has always been that way. Respect for religion was always earned with murder. Things have changed now - no more killing for Jesus. So - no more respect.

Deal with it.

2. profile image49

Hi friend  foreignpress

"Otherwise the animal instinct for self-preservation takes over and tolerance for others becomes "Do unto others before they do it to you."

I agree with you; but we should make an effort and tell others that everybody has to be respected without discrimination of race, color or faith. Respect is just for being born a human being.

Thanks

3. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

paarsurrey I would say that respect of the person is based on an array of things, one's character more than one's beliefs.

In the same way I have respect for the rights to free beliefs, because of the good character and common sense of that right.

And also in the same way, I cannot respect the religious beliefs themselves in general, because their divisiveness, self-righteousness and deceptive nature are not worthy of respect.

So I respect the right to free religion, but I cannot respect the religion itself, and whether or not I respect the believer depends on the person's general character, not so much on his or her religion.

The entertaining thing is - it seems everyone deserves respect - except the Atheist.

Laughable really considering he/she/it has started another thread deriding christian beliefs as being "worthless additions." wink

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yet they cannot understand why we call them divisive and detrimental to society.

4. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

By posting this you attacked atheists and disrespected them..

This explains your attacks and rant..

By the way islam respects woman ? oh yeah by asking them to wear burkas cause men can't control  their urge right ? brainwashing females to obey men is part of code-of-conduct in islam ? or brainwashing kids against atheists and other religion is part of peaceful-respected islam ?

oops, skyfire-the-atheist disrespected islam, hence OP is right  ^_^

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Islam does not ask women to wear burkahs. There are indeed Muslims out there who expect that, but I've seen Muslim women in Muslim countries on the beach in two-piece bikinis, women I knew personally and who swore they were good believers. Maybe Islam in some forms requires women to wear burkahs, but let's be honest, Islam as an institution is hardly unique for giving women the short end of the stick...

1. profile image49

Hi friend AdsenseStrategies

"Burqa" is not mentioned in Quran; though it is mentioned in OTBible. I think the women should dress up like Mary did or Catholic Nuns do.

Thanks

5. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

I like this sliding the quran from goody-goody talks to get others to agree with your religion, why didn't you posted "i love jesus as per explained in bible" ? do you want to discard Christianity to raise level of quran ?

6. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Ah yes, respect for women.
    From your "good book"

Tabari IX:113 “Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur’an.

How very respectful to only beat them lightly, as opposed to beating them to death!
    Your stone age thinking has been replaced by psychology, get over it! lol

1. profile image49

Hi friend 95earnestshub

Muslims follow Quran, the Word of Revelation from the Creator- God Allah YHWH Eeshwar. Quran is the first and the foremost source of guidance of Muslims irrespect of the denomination. Thigs should be proved from the Roots.

Thanks

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So do you follow the words above from the quoran? It is from your book and it is hateful!

1. profile image49

Hi friend earnestshub

It is not from our book Quran.

Thanks

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I actually like the original post here, although I think respect is something that should be done in moderation, there are some things you cannot respect.

It's nice to have a Muslim giving us a well thought out post for once rather than one of the spammy 'believe in Allah' posts!

I am an atheist, and I do often poke fun at religion and those who follow it. However I still respect those of a religious disposition who do good in the world!

1. profile image49

Hi friend thisisoli

I appreciate your above words. Respect is moderation and giving reasons.

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)