Pay For The Latest Programs (Affiliate or Internet Marketers)

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I was just thinking of something.

I was wondering how many people would be absolutely honest.

When I say honest lets just say this happens.

Okay I offer you a program that I know that works, Lets just say it costs 50 bucks.

Heres the catch.  You never have to pay until you have actually used the program and made money with it.  So I guess it would work on the honor system.

So honestly how many people would actually pay for the product after the fact.

Dale

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I actually made money from the program, I would definitely pay for it...I've done similar things with other kinds of products before. I think it would make me feel funny NOT to pay for a thing if I knew I should.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would pay. And I would recommend it to everyone I know.

But - most of these things only work for a length of time or for so many people. You know how that goes.

3. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

most would and attempt to pull one over, so to speak.
      especially with affiliate marketing.

The old: I'll pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today -in the corner trick.. Problem is it creates a 'mortgage' situation or debenture affiliate program. If a trial period, 99.9% will cancel before it ends, leaving the business in debt (loss of product/service/information -so to speak- IMO.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Hmmm...I guess I'm the only one, huh? wink

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Sorry Dale, I won't pay for any Affiliate or Internet marketing program, even if it is free or a "trial".

4. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I don't know if some people are not honest then they won't pay for it as people like to get a freebie, but maybe if you provide a refund up to 60 days like some products actually do then maybe this could work!!

I would pay if something worked like it said it would and I earned money however....

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never trust those things, I have heard of people getting screwed since when they try to claim the refund the seller asks for proof that you followed all the steps in the program.

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

If it really worked and I made money out of it I would pay, but i know plenty who wouldn't!

6. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

If I made money I would definitely pay!

7. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

I would pay... maybe you could do a holding credit card number until the end of the free trial and if they had any reason not to buy, then they could stop the transaction after the free trial.  No money taken until the trial had finished and the customer was happy with it.  Does that make sense?

8. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

If I made more than the $50, plus extra to cover any time and effort invested on my part, AND if it looked like it would continue to make me money long after I'd handed over the $50, then yes, I would.

But these things tend to have a stench attached to them, so I'd take some serious convincing from the start.

9. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

To be fair, if it worked, I'd pay, no question. Why wouldn't I? The product did what it said on the box, the seller deserves paying. Simple.

However, the money up front but money back if ... no way. Never fell for one yet and hopefully I never will.

10. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

personally, i find it highly doubtful that anyone is going to pull any tricks out of the hat that are genuinely new. so its difficult to imagine any courses being worth much of anything to me anymore.

If a course existed that would make me ignore forums and facebook and email and just be a writing and linking machine...than id be all in.

So oyur target market is very,very important...nothing annoys me more than "new" elite programs that are just the 35th reincarnation of the first program I ever read. But if your marketing to new marketers than this is a moot point.

Theoretically, this is the worst group of people I could ever imagine as far as a "honor" system goes ( I mean affiliate marketers, not hubbers)..if it can be scraped, stolen, copied or got for free, it will be.

I would never pursue selling a product that i put genuine time into on a honor system , a money back guarantee is good enough...but if the product is chockful of aff links and you develop a mailing list or an impressed following..than the cost of the product is moot.

But, in an informal setting like this thread...if a community member I was aware of said, 'Josh (thats my name) ill let you test drive this course, if it works for you and you make x amount of money that you wouldnt have otherwise..than pay me "x" amount" than I would follow through and pay if it delivered. If I just clicked some random ad and saw that sort of offer, i would probably forget all about teh course and any "honor" payment...long before ever truly trying it out.

Forcing people to pay makes them take the product/info more seriously and make an investment on their end to match the financial investment they already promised.

I dont see it as a viable method ...most of us who respond..would pay "dale' the hubber we are familiar with...would random buyers be so honest..I unfortunately doubt it very much

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes 'he man' Josh (wink)... it is a very traditional method... word of mouth and from honourable sources.  Buy from reliable sources!  I am always reluctant to buy without a good recommendation - better from someone I trust.

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you trust me? big_smile

11. Dale Mazurek profile image62

Well just to be clear, I wasnt and am not trying to sell anything.

I just remember from my days in MLM how people used to ask if they could pay when they earned.

All in all was just meant to be a hypothetical question.

My laydown on this is if there was a great product that was free most wouldnt take it seriously anyways.

Im still working on my hubs about how to make money online for free but its just my thing and its how I do it.

Dale

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In principal, Dale, I would most certainly pay and it is my sincere belief that most people would. Although most things that were once good and treasured about this world are fast disappearing down the cosmic toilet pan, the basic honesty of ordinary people is (for now!) not one of them.

However, I cannot envisage any circumstances whereby I would partake in such a scheme were it in any way related to, "Making money online." Any advice which is worthwhile in such respects is obtained for free or by hard work and research.

Interesting question, though!

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dale, good quest.
      Again, the old adage: free has no value.
      Social networking: like Twitter or FB, free services, that no one really engages on the business level.

Recently, MLM/NM have tried to use it as a tool to promote their wares, but why buy the goat when the milk is free.
      Daily I get friend requests and pitches for free or other wares on my FB, Tweetdeck and now MLM Social.
      Yet not one of them really wants to engage me -one on one.
      Instead, they cough up a generic, cut/paste blogspot pitch, hoping I'll bite.

Food for thought.

12. Dale Mazurek profile image62

I actually did an experiment way back when I was in MLM

That was paying 10 peoples first months.  This was before pay it forward was even around.

Out of those 10 people 7 cancelled by the second month, 2 stayed on for 2 months and the third stayed on about 6 months.

Trust me it wasnt enough to break even.

Just my 2 cents

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)