Hellenization of the Church under Paul

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/39650

Deborah Sexton Wrote:

“The Hellenization of the Church not only produced a corrupted New Testament, but caused a Greek deity to displace the true Messiah.”

Paarsurrey says:

I agree with the above mentioned Second Point in the post of our friend Deborah Sexton.

Paul he himself admits in Acts; he was an enemy of Jesus and his friends. Even after his made up vision on the Road to Damascus Paul remained as such and very cleverly invented a new religion but named it “Christianity” to corrupt the true teachings of Jesus.

Paul (and his Roman Church) traded the true teachings of Jesus with the Trinity of the Greek and for this:

Paul claimed independence from the "mother church" in Jerusalem
    Paul, as the "Apostle to the Gentiles", was in violent opposition to the original 12 Apostles.
    Paul was the "first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus."

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. The Last Quill profile image59
      The Last Quillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree that Paul was persecutor of the first church before he was called, but where in the bible can you read that he traded the true teachings of Christ for the trinity. Where in the bible paul taught about the trinity.

FYI trinity was invented around 325 AD at the council of Nicea, and I don't beleive the trinity either.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend

It is Paul and his Church.

Thanks

2. Paper Wolf profile image59
    Paper Wolfposted 14 years ago

As I posted to Deborah's Forum Post. The helenization of the Church was probably a by-product of the young Churches battle against gnosticism.

If this Hellenization presented a corrupted New Testament, what is to be said of the Quoran? After all, Muhammad's ministry did not come along until over 600 years after Yashua's crucifixion.

That Christianity has lost touch with it's Hebraic roots, there is no question.

Speaking of "made up" visions...what is this?

Paarsurrey: "Even after his made up vision on the Road to Damascus Paul remained as such and very cleverly invented a new religion but named it “Christianity” to corrupt the true teachings of Jesus."

Please Paarsurrey. Give it a rest.

3. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

a. that posting was derived for an author, so the value of it can be seen as generalization or opinion. There is no 100% historical fact in it. Although it seems likely.

b. Saul's sudden acceptance of life without law, is surprising, in that as a Hebrew scribe of the Law and staunch assassin of believers, using his Roman citizenship influence, seems puzzling at first. But when you then look at the events he himself and his assistants Timothy and Barnabas dictate, leads one to accept he was genuine. After much pressure from his peers in Rome and the Jewish leaders -he knew very well (as did Peter), he finally stepped to the final swing and puts his own life as proof he did believe, perhaps so those in Judea, Sumeria, Rome, Asia, etc would believe after all.

Was he 100% accurate in all his expressions of his belief, I would say no. Same as Moses wrote about his life and expressions...

1. profile image50

Twenty One Days wrote:

"Was he (Paul) 100% accurate in all his expressions of his belief, I would say no. Same as Moses wrote about his life and expressions..."

Paarsurrey says:

Hi friend Twenty One Days

There is no comparison between Paul and Moses. Moses was 100 % genuine; Paul was 100 wrong; he never saw any vision, just a story if you read it carefully.

Paul was an enemy of Jesus and his friends; and he remained one till his last breath. He died a death of false Prophet.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dude, you're annoying and irrelevant.
        shall report for spam if you continue to signature every post and not actually engage the dialogue at hand.

also, paul/saul was not a prophet. so how could he be false?

2. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Muhammad was a despot and murderer and remained one till his last breath. He died a death of a false prophet, too. smile

1. profile image50

Hi friend

Please name the person he murdered with reference.

Thanks

1. Beelzedad profile image58

He murdered tens/hundreds of thousands of people. He had anyone murdered who criticized him or didn't accept Islam, Abu Afak, as only one example.  smile

1. profile image50

Hi friend

Muhammad never killed anybody; that is why I asked you to provide a reference of Muhammad's own time; not later.

Thanks

That is a lie. Muhammad had tens/hundreds of people murdered if they didn't accept Islam or if they criticized him. You have rejected the truth.

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

don't you go knocking the Greeks now!

I am Greek One peaceful at times

1. profile image50

Hi friend

What does that mean? Please elaborate for me.

Thanks

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It means I forgive you for being the s**t disturber that you are .

as is the way of my Lord Jesus, the Son of God.

Peace be with you

1. profile image50

Hi friend

English is not my mother tongue; I asked frankly what I could not understand. If you make it clear I can reply you. No inconvienience intended; no compulsion whatsoever.

May God bless you!

Thanks

1. Greek One profile image63
            Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.. may God bless you too!

5. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

"You gave the lie to God's religion and the man Ahmad!  [Muhammad]

By him who was your father, evil is the son he produced!

A "hanif" gave you a thrust in the night saying

"Take that Abu Afak in spite of your age!"

Though I knew whether it was man or jinn

Who slew you in the dead of night (I would say naught)."

Umama b. Muzayriya said about Salim b. Umayr after he murdered Abu Afak when Muhammad said to his followers, "Who will deal with this rascal for me?"

1. profile image50

Hi friend

Please provide a reference from a book written in Muhammad's own time.

I don't see any reference provided by you.

Thanks

6. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

"Thus Islam was gradually transformed from a purely spiritual mission into a militant and punitive organization whose progress depended on booty from raids and revenue from the zakat tax."

Ali Dashti wrote prior to listing all of the assassinations Muhammad had ordered.

1. profile image50

Hi friend

Ali Dashti 1894 -1982 was a recent person; he did not quote any good source.

Thanks

That is your opinion, I do not agree. No compulsion. Muhammad murdered many thousands of people. He assassinated anyone who didn't agree with him.

1. FranyaBlue profile image73
          FranyaBlueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There were battles during the early days of Islam. Tribes attacked the Prophet and the believers and I think they were in their right to fight back.

Also, I know you were just quoting but I thought I would mention that Zakat is paid by Muslims and it always goes to the poor or to the orphans.

Muhammad ruled by the sword, attacked and killed anyone who didn't convert to Islam.

What about Jizya? Muslims extort monies from anyone who isn't Muslim.

If he killed people who didn't convert to Islam then what would be the need for the Jizya?

1. profile image50

Hi friend FranyaBlue

A good question.

Thanks

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Because the Jizya tax was introduced after Muhammad died. Extortion.

but the jizya is mentioned in the Quran which we all know was revealed at the time of the Prophet so it was actually introduced during the Prophets life, not after.

The Quran was written after Muhammads death by other people just like the Bible.

7. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

From what little I have read, it seems that Muhammed was a law maker and enforcer to some very barbaric tribes who were constantly at war, menacing each other. Muhammed was hailed as a great leader and spiritual guide because he actually unified so many of these warring tribes.

However, he did so by the same means that everyone else committed their acts of atrocity. He DID use the sword, but more importantly, since he was the self proclaimed leader, he didn't actually have to carry out such acts later on. He could easily delegate such atrocities to others.

He was clearly a power monger, addicted to his own power. He used it ruthlessly under the pretense of heavenly/Godly direction, so as to claim a higher power than his own for reinforcement. Therefore, warring tribes listened and converted to his religion, in essence because they had to or die. He had the power, the numbers and people to enforce it.

And so although there are *countless* peaceful muslims today (only a fraction of the muslim population believes in hostile "cleansing") the tradition and history of violence of Muhammed (which is alluded to in the Q'ran) seems justified in the minds of muslims who believe that Muhammed's way is the example to follow. But what really happened is that Muhammed was one of the few forward thinkers of his day. His real aim was to unite his people, not destroy them. But to do so, he believed a sort of "cleansing" of the warring tribes had to happen.

We see this thinking in Africa and Europe and many, many other places today. It doesn't work. The innocent suffer the most, and it continues relentlessly.

Old thinking and old ways are perpetuated far too long.

8. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Beelzedad wrote:

Not really, all the passages in the Quran originated through "Chinese Whispers" - word of mouth by ones memory. After Muhammad's death, those passages were eventually written down. Muhammad never knew the Quran as it was written, ever.

The Last Quill wrote:

paarsurrey beleives in the words of mouth, no wonder you can't find his thoughts.

The Bible then is the legit book of religion.

Paaarsurrey says:

Quran was written down also as whatever portion was revealed from God Allah YHWH was also dictated to the scribes by Muhammad; but only as an auxiliary measure. More emphasis was on learning it by heart.

Both systems of verbal committing to memory the text of Quran; and written text continue to date and support one another.

Yes, OTBible or Toran was once a revealed book also; but now only glimpses of the orginal revelation could be found in it. Yet it has got the light if understood with reason correctly.

Please quote a reference of presence of any Chinese at the time of Muhammad in Mecca or Medina.

Chinese did got converted to Islam peacefully in large numbers; but that was much later.

Thanks

9. FranyaBlue profile image73
    FranyaBlueposted 14 years ago

Beelzedad - I wrote "The word of mouth that you are talking about is actually the Hadith not the Quran"

You replied "That Hadiths are something different from the Quran"

I never said the two were the same thing. My whole point was that they are different things and that you sound like your getting them mixed up.

Anyway, my hubscore has gone down since I started in this thread so I am off to write a hub! smile

10. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Hellenization of the Church under Paul
         Did Paul do it or was it make to apear that way ???

1. profile image50

Hi friend Jerami

Paul was a clever enemy of Paul; he did it purosely to avenge his animosity with Jesus and his truthful friends.

Thanks

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That just does not make sence to me. 
        For after all, the Church that The Rome Empire built would not have had to choose his writtings for inclusion into the canon.
           It is more likely that the Compromising that was done in the formation of this church  slanted the stories in the Empires favor. Thus allowing easier conversion for Romans into the Church.
           Either way, we will never know on this side of eterniity.

1. profile image50

Hi friend Jerami

Why wait for eternity?

This could be done easily even from the corrupted Bible; one could know of the Paul's false teachings distinctively from the Jesus' truthful teachings; loud and clear.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran

Thanks

11. profile image58
    PAMITCHRUSposted 13 years ago

Oh my, Paul is the second witness to Jesus himself, how can one then call him a false prophet? Paul himself was taught by Jesus via the Spirit. It is Paul who confirmed all of the words of Jesus and expounded upon them. It was Paul who revealed the depths to us of the Love of God. Oh goodness It is Paul who represents in type all those who will be  born out of season. which by far is the greatest percentage of all men. True Birth I refer too. Few have recieved what that first wave got back in the day.

All will awaken to a bright light , just as Paul, in time to come. Due time and season. the Worst of sinners. all sinners. Paul reperesented all those. All will be stricken by light , and the light will speak , and the stricken will obey.

Jesus of course said it first. Pauls confirms it. Paul is the keeper of the truths of the Love of God and proper doctrine thereof. He is the one God used to warn us of the sure mark of the last days. Paul who God chose to reveal the fullness of the counsel of God.

Oh my.. Paul and Jesus disagree  ??? Paul a false prophet ?? Oh my .. Oh my...

1. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend PAMITCHRUS

It was a made up story of clever Paul; he was a false prophet like Joseph Smith Jr., and Bab; hence the faced the fate of false prophets as per Torah.

Thanks

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

It's all about Rand Paul, right? wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)