Newbie Blogger

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Rose West profile image78
    Rose Westposted 14 years ago

I recently started a blog on blogspot. I've never written a blog before, but I think I'm starting to get addicted.... Does anyone have any advice on how to get more traffic and network with more bloggers? If anyone wants to visit my blog and give me honest critique, that would be great too.

1. angela_michelle profile image93
      angela_michelleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the more you comment and read other bloggers, you'll bring traffic to your site! Also make sure you are using the tags!

1. Rose West profile image78
        Rose Westposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the tips, angella! Do you know of any easy ways to find other like-minded bloggers? I was hoping there would be some sort of blogspot directory.

2. Web-E profile image61
      Web-Eposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Content is most important.
      In addition to all the advice I would like o add some more info--

use SEO friendly template
      Use META tags
      Use of cleaver keywords,google the topic ,look in the top results and use those leywords in title.When you you publish ,the title will become the permanent url,then you can change the title with another similar top keyword.

Using bold,h1,h2 tag in the post to highlight the content keyword.

Here is lot more info
      http://www.bloggertricks.com/

3. Aussieteacher profile image65
      Aussieteacherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Angela.  And there are some hubs here at this site that give useful information.  Write often, offer good comments, and read posts about improving your hubs etc.  It is amazing what help one can get from other bloggers too.

2. manoo_bilige profile image59
    manoo_biligeposted 13 years ago

getting good traffic on blogger is not some easy i am blogger since last for years
    follow all bloggers posting related to your niche
    make comments
    use tags
    digg all your posts
    stumbleopon all your posts also

3. jossecarr profile image58
    jossecarrposted 13 years ago

Try to ping your site, in order for it to gain presence among search engines.

4. Csjun89 profile image59
    Csjun89posted 13 years ago

Try using Hubpages to gain some traffic for your blog!
    Make a few hubs and link it to your blog articles

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Here is a link for you to check out.

An article written by Lissie
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Starting-a-Successful-Blog

6. andrewsgraham profile image59
    andrewsgrahamposted 13 years ago

Social networking sites can work wonders, especially if you already have a lot of "friends" or "followers". You'd be surprised at how fast word of mouth can increase traffic. Might be obvious to some, but try out different things with sites such as Twitter and Facebook, closely monitoring your traffic.

Which leads to another tip. Find a way to track the specifics about your traffic. Google Analytics does a good job doing this, and allows you to track which sources and just as importantly, what content drives traffic.

7. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I just posted a forum about trying to get more traffic.  I'll follow you if you follow me http://figmentswordsoftime.blogspot.com/

whats your site?

8. climberjames profile image56
    climberjamesposted 13 years ago

Hey, try:

- technorati.com
    - Digg
    - StumbleUpon
    - RedGage
    - HubPages - Link back to your blog.

Great sites to bookmark each new post boosting search engine ranking and herefore traffic.

9. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I am also on Blogger but haven't been able to network with anybody yet hmm I think Hubpages is better for engaging in forum

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)