Random Facts of the Day!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

I have these moments throughout my day that totally random things po into my head. as my boyfriend would call it "randon fact of the day" so I thought I would start sharing them with you all and see what other randon facts of the day people have.
    This could prove to be funny. smile

so my random fact this morning as I was talking to my mom is I have a basketball belly. Mind you this had no relevence to anything we were talking about as we were discussing hubs and ideas and actully getting them done lol

What are your random facts?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ironic!!  I have a basketball head!

http://rlv.zcache.com/basketball_head_poster-p228867661087208689td2h_210.jpg

1. profile image0
        pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lmfao now I don't feel so bad .. hehe lol

2. stephensaldana profile image59
        stephensaldanaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahahahha.... thats hilarious seeing someone with a fact of having a basketball head.. lols.. good one..

2. wavegirl22 profile image50
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

randomly speaking. . my head is spinning so fast with so many things I cant even pinpoint one today . .but I may be back tomorrow because for sure .. I am as random as one can get on most days!

Pinky you crack me up smile

1. profile image0

im fruitier than a fruit cake lmao

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

my sister in law has 11 toes.

I am scared of ballons.

If I wake up to a rainy or snowy day, it irritates me when the sun comes out later.

1. profile image0

haha im the same way sometimes about the sun randomly coming out lol

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would have answered sooner but someone pulled into my driveway and I realized I forgot to get dressed...

1. profile image0

lmao i do that all the time ... nothing as bad as the next door neighbors in my apt building ... her friend drank to much and she needed a extra phone for some reason and came knocking on our door in nothing but capris and a bra
          me and terry were like wtf you got a phone in your ear and no clothes on lol

her friend is ok though after they hauled her to the hospital

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad  good grief! Im glad she's ok. I just got sidetracked by forums...

1. profile image0

we were too but it was just funny because the girl didnt care that she was half naked knocking on someones door she had never met lol

2. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

been there

lol

1. H.C Porter profile image81
            H.C Porterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

still there, but they can wait in the drive way  big_smile

4. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I have so many 'random thoughts/facts' daily! I try to jot em down in the form of a quote. Sometimes these random thoughts can take the form of 'racing thoughts' which is when the mind/thought process is thinking so far ahead in time, your present self/mind can't keep up with it. The thoughts continually repeat, repeat, repeat....racing in your head......thus called 'racing thoughts'.

1. profile image0

that makes a whole lot of sense

5. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I got to run Pinky, but I will be back with some more random thoughts. I have a tendency to think out an entire conversation and only say the last thought out loud, and this makes people worry.

1. profile image0

lol awesome .. im not the only one out there then hehe but i am wrting a hub while bouncing around here so im in and out .. have a good day justine

6. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Random fact: Male red wasps have no stinger only the females have this.

1. profile image0

haha well all of them need to stay away from me regardless of stingers or not lol

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would explain a few exwife debacles.

Additionally, I woke up and realized today was tax day, and mine are filed.
      And today starts a four day streak of birthdays.

Unrelated but expensive....

1. profile image0

4 birthdays wow ... i too filed early thanks god

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years ago

It just entered my mind 10 minutes ago did the universe start with a spec of light?  Then really grow in masses each millionth of a second, and in this moment continues to.

I recon, good thing the Universe custodian smokes, cause if he'd never lit that first cigarette, we'd, well, have no thread to post random thoughts in.

Don't fret or ponder, I'll clarify, yes I am clearly on large quantities of illegal substances, and add not cheap.  lol  lol

Oh my poor mind hmm:

1. profile image0

lol lol

2. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But where did that spec of light come from?

8. H.C Porter profile image81
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

Random Facts/Thoughts and Conclusions of My Mind-

I have come to the conclusion that getting fired is just like being dumped, they tell you all the same sh*t-that I am positive is to make themselves feel better,
    like- it isn't you/ you are amazing... I'm (we're-meaning the company) not in a position to be able to keep you on board right now.
    AND....
    BUT... if you would like to work on a commission-perhaps we can sit down and talk about that (how this relates to getting dumped- I don't want you here full time, but when I need something from you, can I put in for a booty call)
    My final thought on employers (and the dating world) is they are basically all the same-they pull you in... use your abilities... feel you out (up)... f**k you and send you on your way with an extra weeks pay, while you are left feeling cheap-confused and wondering what if I????

1. Obscure Divine profile image59
      Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least you still get paid for your temporary service, geez!  Picky...picky...  Ha-ha!  tongue

lol... that's a woman for ya, picky, picky... but when you aren't employed full time/ only temp- the pay isn't as rewarding or lucrative- but you are allowed to spread your services amongst many more avenues that may become available   big_smile

2. profile image0

lol thats a good analogy that i never thought of for sure but makes a bunch of sense to me lol

can you tell I got fired (oh wait-let go at no fault of my own) this past Monday (I am amazing-just cant afford my services)- going through the roller coaster of emotions since the split...
        Confused-Denial-Hurt-Anger...lol now I am in the disillusioned ex girlfriend(employee) stage. hehe...

1. profile image0

hehe ... im sorry that you got "let go" it sucks and i too have been there

it's okay--- i was only there a week. So it was more like a tease than anything else...  big_smile
            been unemployed since this past summer, when I was told that i wasn't a good fit with another company-but again, my work was amazing (I suppose telling your boss to go home to his pregnant wife is a bad fit and bad for company moral)

I hate that word----AMAZING! Really, Truly Don't Care For It One Bit Anymore!

1. profile image0

aww i use it all the time that and awesome but i ended up proving one company wrong... they let me go because a parent didnt like me plain and simple but tried to say it was because of this that or the other told me i would never find a job in a daycare because i just didnt have what it took but yet in the same breath i was amazing lol needless to say i found a job at another daycare and was there for almost two years but with moving to arizona had to quit or i'd still be there so i pretty much told the other company where to shove it without actually saying it

you are a great person and you will find something soon with a company that will actually want you and not play games with you

Thank you, that is a very nice thing to say, I really appreciate it. I am doing my best to stay positive about everything... just feels like getting kicked in the stomach when you didnt even notice they were going to be swinging. I know it will be okay-Ive survived way worse then being let go from a job  smile Thanks Pinky!

1. profile image0

i only say it because it is true and i hope things do get better for you soon big_smile

9. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

It will be better soon H C I just know it.

How does the cat hear me get up and go to the bathroom, when she is all the way upstairs dead asleep? And, why must she come with me?

1. profile image0

does make you wonder don't it

2. H.C Porter profile image81

thank you- i know  big_smile

Why when I wear black-do I never drop, spill or bump into anything that could make me dirty- but I wear white, and within five minutes I do all of the above and have to change-causing me to run later than I was running in the first place. (note to self-wear black, burn everything white, and I will then- always be on time)  big_smile

1. profile image0

lol thats too funny but true

10. ddsurfsca profile image71
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

If you figure out some way to make electricity, the electric company must put your meter in backwards and pay you for the power you make and send their way,.....

11. ddsurfsca profile image71

if you believe it is so, it is so for you

12. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

It is just as easy to boil two eggs as stand there thinking about it smile

13. ddsurfsca profile image71

True happiness can only be achieved by doing those thing in this world that make you happy, and having the things that remind you of those you have loved in life

14. Jackson Riddle profile image47
    Jackson Riddleposted 14 years ago

If light takes a cetain amount of time to travel are we actually all looking into the past?

15. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Based on the population of the Earth, one in twenty people live near an active volcano.

16. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

If one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, how did we ever reproduce?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)