my nephew is leaving for boot camp today

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

;_;

he is going to be an IED technician. he will train here for a year, then be deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq, where the need is crucial for these personnel.

i knew this was coming. ever since he told us about it, it has been pressing on me. i can only imagine how his parents (my brother and his wife) feel.

and his brother and sister. those three are very close. my brother's family laughs a lot. they all have so much fun together. his leaving will leave a big hole, i know.

i wrote two hubs for him but took one of them down, as i did the hub for my son, because of the forum drama. it bothers me to think that he and his brothers and sisters in uniform defend the free speech rights of people like the ones who have been harrassing me here at Hubpages, but what are you gonna do, right?

ever since i got the news, i have felt like weeping, but i don't allow myself to. what can you even say about it. he left me a voice mail yesterday and i missed it...saying he loves me very much. he said it over and over again. and i missed it.

and now, finally, i can cry typing this.

so why don't you people who harrass people who ignore you...who lie about them and try to slander them, why don't you just shut up.

go ahead and ban me from the forums. if that is what it will take to sheild myself from these people, then that is what i will do. if i state it publicly here, they cannot accuse me of being like them, as i asked for hubpages to prevent me from logging in to the forums. (NOT from writing hubs though).

people create sockpuppet account after sockpuppet account and it will never stop, and i don't believe in subjecting myself to abuse like this when i see it is futile.

these people follow others around and infringe on their right to freely enjoy a site.

my friends (true friends, not fakes) tell me to ignore it.

how can you ignore it when they do it over and over again.

here's the reality of the situation. this is what has infested hubpages. people who say:

I'm not gonna be... IGNORED

i have done nothing but avoid people who i dislike, yet they follow me around and harrass me, having the nerve to call me "bully" when i have done nothing of the sort, or post lies about me.

bullying is harrassing someone to the point where they don't even want to come onto a site anymore, as has been done to me. repeatedly. one of them, intimate, even admitted how she herself is a bully and makes people feel bad in the religion forums.

let's define bullying, shall we?

bullying is verbally assaulting a grieving man to the point of suicidal feelings.

bullying is ganging up on a hubber just because they wrote one hub about the other side of addiction and its affect on children, and getting them banned, then starting threads about that person while they are banned and after they come back.

bullying is continuing to harrass that same hubber on her hubs, twice, and when she ignores these comments, harrassing her in emails, writing a very long, nasty email, which she also ignored.

bullying is harrassing the suicidal man in emails AFTER THE FACT. only when HE apologized (why - he did nothing), did the person back off. she and her troll army will never back off of me because i won't befriend her and say 'oh gosh that's ok, seeing as how you're sick and all'...roll

unlike her, i don't kiss people's asses and suck up to them.

unlike her, i say what i have to say AS MYSELF, not while wearing a disguise. i sometimes post as Qunicy, but it clearly states he is a pseudonym of mine and he does not attack people.

it was not me who started an email campaign against lyrics and her numerous sockpuppets. it was not me who cc'd a whole bunch of people exposing lyrics' IP addresses and said she was going to email Hubpages over it....that was AEvans. the very same AEvans who acted all nice and sweet to lyrics when she 'came back' while the same day emailing people laughing at her, telling us she only friended her to make her think she was her friend so she could get info out of her.

wheee... good times, right?

each of us deals with harrassment in our own way. some laugh it off. i cannot. some distance themselves from the forums. you think i am the only one who doesn't enjoy hubpages anymore because of these people? well you would be wrong. this has killed my muse for writing for hubpages. the onliest reason i don't delete this account is because i need my body of work.

i don't even join any other site where i see that lyrics and her pals are members. that is how much i don't want to be around them. how on god's green earth that makes someone a 'bully; is beyond my comprehension.

it doesn't. you just need a reason to attack me, someone you hate, so you toss anything onto the wall to see what sticks and run with it. which makes you disgusting, in my book.

this will never stop.

never.

so keep your little forum kingdom ok? but stay away from my hubs. if you leave nasty comments on them, i will expose you in the comments section, including your IP address.

1. Valerie F profile image61
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stalking and harrassment are illegal and at the very least a violation of terms of service.

As for your nephew, good luck to him and to your whole family, and I'm sorry you're going through this.

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Cossette,
    I try very hard to stay out of the forum drama and I find my life here is easier that way. I truly am sorry that you are having a hard time of it here right now and I hope you find a way to turn it around.
    As to your Nephew,
    I for one am proud that this country has parented so many fine young people like HIM! I know it will be hard for your family to have him gone as my family has 2 gaping holes at the moment from the same kind of absence.
    Have faith that he is doing a Great thing and that he will return safely to the loving arms of his family when the time is right.
    Ohma

3. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Cossette,

As your nephew is leaving for Boot, my second oldest son will be waiting for him as a Drill Sergeant, following 3 combat tours of Duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, your Nephew will be very well trained and prepared to do the job he has volunteered to do during his service.

At the same time my oldest son is on a plane headed to the Middle East again, this will be his 5th Special Ops deployment over there.

Please rethink your cries of sadness, and reform them into tears of Pride. I salute your Nephew for his courage and fortitude as much as I do my own sons. These young men and women that make this decision deserve our respect, admiration and eternal gratitude.

4. DevLin profile image59
    DevLinposted 14 years ago

The rate your Nephew has chosen will save a lot of lives. Kudos to him.

As for forum bullying, I just don't argue. They see it as they proved their point when I don't respond, but what I say is still there. I think I even upset you once. My speaking in generalzations set that one off. It wasn't directed at you. You have good points. Never cave, just adjust to a different style. You're good.

5. luvpassion profile image61
    luvpassionposted 14 years ago

I always miss my husband while he's doing his duty...I sympathize. As to the bullying I really haven't been here long enough to be offended what faceless people say and doubt I will be affected by it.

Teri

6. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

I know its difficult when you're sensitive to what you see in writing, but what would work best is if you were to retrain yourself on how to react.  Another suggestion: Create another account (Quincy is already known) and start from scratch.  I wouldn't delete what you have because as you said, You need that body of work.  But, starting over puts you in the drivers seat.

I wish I had something to say for your nephew...but so far I haven't known anyone who's gone off to war.  All I can think of is to say - I hope for the best for your family.

7. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

War and the pain wrought in it's name is a very sensitive topic with me... (having lost a homeland to it) so I can understand what your nephew must be going through... the courage it takes...and how hard this is for you too. Sending a very special prayer for you and your family..... smile

8. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'll be wishing the best for your nephew...

he is what the post is about isn't he?

9. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

cosette, as ready to escape has said, these men and women WANT to serve, for whatever reasons they may have, they are going because they want to. I'm sure I would shed some tears also, in your place, but these young men who go into the IED unit have my deep respect. not only are they trying to defend themselves and the troops, but also the civilians lives where they are sent. whatever political views anyone has concerning the war does not touch the pride that should be shown these brave men and women.
    hats off to your nephew.

as far as the rest... continue writing and be yourself. don't let anyone steal your joy.

10. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

I had a nephew go to Iraq several years ago.
    I told him that it was up to him how he handled it was up to him. 
    I let him know that, along with the others in the family that have served in the military, we were proud of his service to the country and we were there for him whenever he needed us.

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I am hoping all the best for your nephew Cosette, really I am. I worried my head off when my youngest son was in Afghanistan, I thank god he made it back in one piece.
    As for all this other crap, I lost one dear friend to it, and don't  want to lose another. i know it has to be hard on you, I can't say I know what you are going through, I don't. But just hang in there, this too shall pass. Much love and peace.

1. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You two are some of the first people I liked when I joined Hubpages. I'm a fighter. I love the forums. I love smacking down bullies. Just point me in the right direction and turn me lose!

I hope your nephew comes home safe Cossett. I hope you are well Walrus.

Friendly

12. profile image0
    BloodAndRosesposted 13 years ago

Thanks to al who left supportive comments. And thank your loved ones for their service and sacrifice.

13. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Cosette, for what it's worth, your nephew and his continued safety and well being will be in my prayers. Hope you find some comfort in that the majority of us in the real world support him and recognize and value his contribution.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed we do support him, and my thoughts also will be with him.  I have had 2 sons serve, one in both Iraq and Afghanistan, a daughter in law in Iraq (returned home 1 week ago) and now 2 nephews in Iraq.  I understand your pain and fear and deeply sympathize with it.

I strongly suggest that you maintain close contact with both your nephew and his parents.  It helped us a great deal to get regular mail (both kinds) from our loved ones serving, and to talk now to my brother and his wife (his 2 children now serving).

Actually, rechecking forum dates, he may be back by now.  I hope all is well with you and yours.

14. USMCwifey09 profile image63
    USMCwifey09posted 13 years ago

I know it's a bit late, but good luck with everything. I am grateful for people like your nephew who choose to serve. I am (obviously!) a military wife, and to an extent understand your suffering. You and your family are in my prayers. Hang in there smile

15. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

Karma is a bitch.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)