Duplicate Content

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Ashley Tyler profile image67
    Ashley Tylerposted 15 years ago

Hi. I have seen 3 or 4 hubs on the same exact topic and they all are advertising the same product. Where are those people getting their ideas and do they not know that someone already wrote that hub before they did? Is there a way for us to know if we are writing something that has already been written?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There are several internet marketing schemes that teach their students to promote products by writing articles and posting them on various sites, including HubPages.  As all the students are promoting the same thing, and they've all been fed the same marketing spiel, it's only natural they're going to sound pretty much the same. 

I agree, you'd think it would occur to them that they're not the only student writing articles, and would try to create some point of difference. However, most of these people are not writers, so their creativity may not be up to the task!

2. sukkran profile image61
      sukkranposted 15 years agoin reply to this

i think no way for us to check all the existing hubs before a new posting. only way is hubpages admin may restrict before submitting  a new topic if the same topic exist. or they may give warning about this.

sukkran

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sukkran, it is permitted to have several people write about the same topic.  Just take a look at the Requests section - you'll find many people have answered the same request.  In fact, that's the idea - the requester gets several viewpoints on the same issue.

2. profile image0
    roddmaposted 15 years ago

I find it near impossile to write hubs without repeating a topic. Most things have been covered here. You need a unique presentation. Two of my hubs were flagged accusing me of duplicate content and being over promotional. I thought maybe the articles on the hubs were similar titles or something.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi roddma. Let me help both of you and this is what I do...
      Everything around you , has something you can write about as I learned this from one of my wonderful fans and I wish I could remember the article off hand. Yes there have been many articles that are similiar however sometimes the reason for this, is that someone has requested an article on a specific subject and multiple hubbers have responded with an array of different thoughts. I myself have requested certain articles on certain topics and due to the subject being interesting they write on it. So it is o.k. to write something that somene else already has, as we all write differently. smile

1. sukkran profile image61
        sukkranposted 15 years agoin reply to this

yes you are correct AEvans. i 100% agree with you,
        sukkran

3. Ashley Tyler profile image67

Yes I understand that the requests would have more than 1 way to answer and different people answering them I really was talking more about what Marisa said about the marketing students or affiliates. Before I start writing about something I will usually do a search at hubpages and see how many hubs come up with the same idea as mine. If I read it and it is totally on a different point I will go ahead and write it. But I feel kinda weird writing about stuff that someone else thought of first even if it is different. But now that I know we can actually do this I can get over that weird feeling I guess...LOL

Ashley, It is always good to be unique and we all try but sometimes it doesn't seem to work that one smile Welcome to HubPages and we are happy that you are here. smile

4. Ashley Tyler profile image67

Well thank you very much. You all are very sweet.

5. Reealjrd profile image60
    Reealjrdposted 15 years ago

Hello All,

We cannot say that who is writing the same article at the same time on the same topic. Because there are so many members and only one topic. We cannot assess the mind of the opposite person what he wnats to write and what he going to write.

Hello!! I agree however where is your article, I am certain you mean well by gving advice however you are repeating what many of us have stated and you have written a single hub. Start tapping at the keyboard smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)