Is 'The Theory of Evolution' corrupting INNOCENT Children?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (164 posts)
  1. Simone1984 profile image61
    Simone1984posted 11 years ago

Are we teaching kids that Man came from Monkeys? Is that healthy? Evolution is still a theory. Hint...

1. Melissa A Smith profile image96
      Melissa A Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I find the understanding of evolution very enlightening. I'm not sure why you would find it to be 'corrupting' in a negative sense. I would want my children to be well-versed in scientific knowledge.

2. A Troubled Man profile image56
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, we are teaching kids that men and monkeys shared a common ancestor.

Is what healthy?

It's also a fact. Hint...

1. Paul Wingert profile image59
        Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Evolution is still a theory". What does the medical field, electronics, machine tool technology, and countless others, have in common? They all work with theories. Why? Because theories are based on facts and they work. So no, teaching evolution to children is healthy. What else are you going to teach them, some BS story that life started in a Garden of Eden inhabited by a talking snake? Get real.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
          pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@paul i have 400 holy books to back god created humans , u have only theory...

400 holy books = waste of paper.

lol it was sincere efforts of our ancestors dude...we must atleast respect the effort...obviously all holy books are flawed in most places...

Very true. What I'm getting at is that these ancient philosephers resorted to creation stories to explain their surroundings at the time. Theres stories are not to be taught in todays world as historical fact or modern science.

3. Comrade Joe profile image70
      Comrade Joeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The fact you think Men came from monkeys proves you know nothing about evolution.  We share a common ancestor! That is a huge difference.  As your premise is clearly false, so is your conclusion.

It seems someone has been corrupted by religious dogma.

4. jenb0128 profile image91
      jenb0128posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gravity is still a theory. Should we stop teaching that?

By the way, the definition of "theory" is:  a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

That means theories have data to back them up. They aren't just dreamed up in a scientist's head.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to bust your bubble, but there's no proof that humans have apelike ancestors;  never has been any such proof during all the supposed-quadrillion years of life on earth.

If you really belief there's valid data to back up a THEORY like that, then please go make all the zoos in the world release their human-to-be prisoners.    MY!   Those monstrous zoo-keepers may have the next generation of humans imprisoned behind bars within our very eyesight under our very noses!  Such an atrocity!  OH THE HUMANITY!  roll

MANY people believe animals to be imprisoned humans. I of all people should know that best.

1. profile image0

I hope you're kidding.

Whatever.

2. jenb0128 profile image91

Next generation humans? Are you serious? Do you not understand the concept of "common ancestor?" Common ancestor does not equal "next generation humans."

Wow.

3. jenb0128 profile image91

This might help.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7206382_f248.jpg

4. Praetor profile image61
          Praetorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love it when ignorant, backwards ass, religious zealots- who obviously know nothing about evolution or what it proposes; start denouncing it.

It's idiots like you that lead to the dark ages. If you feel the need to believe in fairy tales that's your business, but keep your ignorance to yourself and stop trying to force your idiotic beliefs on others.

1. profile image0

I'm gonna break my long-standing rule to never report anyone.   I don't need to listen to your verbal assault.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
              Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My Great Grandma Knew how to deal with Christians who refuse to love their neighbor and turn the other cheek.

"Divorced women preachers are the worst," is what she always told me. "They will burn extra hot for all eternity," wink

I didn't believe her - but now I understand.

1. profile image0

You seem to have the assumption that I have more cheeks than the average human has been endowed with.
                I didn't evolve into a species that developed cheeks all over their body with no dignity nor knowledge of human rights;   I'm still a human being just like the first humans were, and just like humans are now.   Nope, no ape ancestors for me.

Well, good for you Mark, if you've come to some kind of understanding about....anything!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                  Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow - you think you get to choose whether or not you evolved? lol lol

This is not like religious nonsense. LOL You evolved - you are a great ape.

1. profile image0

I didn't say I "get to choose" where I came from.
                    I did say I know my human rights, and I know right from wrong.

You said I evolved?
                    If you want to call "evolving" changing into a person who actually has the guts to stick up  for her human rights instead of being a naive little girl, then I suppose you could say I "evolved" since young adulthood.  LOL.   But no, not from an ape.    I'm not "a great ape";  but I am a great person if anyone wants to take the time to get to know me instead of attacking me,  but whatever.

Mark,  if you're so interesting in "evolving",  maybe you could tell that person who verbally assaulted me that he/she is totally "unevolved" as evidenced by their savagely hateful words.     Reckon they just haven't "evolved" enough  to know how to treat people with dignity and respect?   Or have you not "evolved" enough yet that you simply think it's okay to personally attack someone that way?   Hmmmm...

2. Taurus2 profile image58
                    Taurus2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Indecent.

2. Praetor profile image61

If only there was a segment in the flagging process for "Just-plain-stupid", you've been gone a wile ago.

I've had it with your sanctimonious BS. Trolls and Socks are bad enough, but you're worse than both of them; you actually believe the idiotic crap you post. Do society a favor and join a convent, that way you can commune with your invisible man without bothering the rest of us.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
                Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Brenda is not a sockpuppet, she is the way she is smile Second Lives on the other hand ...

5. kathleenkat profile image84
      kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The theory of evolution does not state that man came from monkey. It states that man and monkey have a common ancestor, somewhere down the line.

As far as kids being taught this, I don't know if this has changed, but I did not learn about this theory until about 7th grade. In 7th grade (one would hope) you are able to think for yourself, and draw your own conclusions from the information given to you. Also, I was taught this as a theory, not a fact.

6. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You misunderstand the meaning of a theory, there is the atomic theory too, try telling Japan that doesn't exist - hint.

1. Taurus2 profile image58

Try to find a law of evolution, dude! lol

2. Simone1984 profile image61
    Simone1984posted 11 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7204023_f248.jpg

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

If information, data and theories are corruption, bring it on.

4. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Another new sock puppet.

smile

If people stopped answering the puppet and taking his ridiculous topics seriously he would go away...

They are banned...

2. profile image0

I don't think so.

Reminds me of the movie The Perfect Storm, I think it was.  There, the bad guy stole the innocent child because the townspeople wouldn't stand up against him.   These days, the "freedom of speech" right has become so tolerant of crap that anyone can get by with saying anything even if it's totally wrong.  Ergo, in answer to the original poster's question----yes, the theory of evolution is corrupting innocent children, especially in this day of liberalism.

1. jenb0128 profile image91

This is completely reminding me of a scene from The Big Bang Theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL5yplRHE9g

2. kathleenkat profile image84

I thought "The Perfect Storm" was about a giant hurricane which encompassed the entire Atlantic Ocean?
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177971/

Funny that you speak of people "getting away with saying stuff that is completely wrong." Perhaps, people actually make mistakes? Maybe they don't know they are wrong? Maybe if they knew they were wrong they wouldn't say wrong things? ...see where I'm going with this?

1. Lwelch profile image81
            Lwelchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep - we are wrong time to time and science changes.  I believe a great science teacher makes sure that the students know that!  My biology teachers in college were great that way.  I learned that birds are now considered reptiles, t-rex walked like a chicken, and mice don't self replicate under a pile of clothing.... all things that were used to have different theories about.

What is different between evolution and creationism is that the second can't be a theory.  That being said, there may be some truth to it.  It isn't a scientific theory though.  So, where does it fit.  Well... religion class is one answer, but, I do wonder if it is good for kids to know some people hold that belief but that it isn't a scientific theory as at this point in our existence we have no way to test it.

Does that make sense?  I am on the fence a bit on it, but I can see why it isn't a theory.

There's actually still quite a bit of debate about the bird/reptile thing. Biologists are working on restructuring the taxonomy system (it's not going to be as simple as "Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species" anymore). There are some scientists who want to put birds and reptiles in the same category because they share an evolutionary line, but others disagree. As somebody who has owned and worked with both birds and reptiles, I have to say that I'm one of the people who disagrees. Sure, birds and reptiles may be related, but birds are warm blooded , reptiles are cold blooded. Birds' brains are also much more developed than reptiles' brains. Birds raise their young, most reptiles do not (alligators do, but they're a rare exception). Birds have beaks and feathers. Reptiles do not. This may sound silly, but when I look at my bird, I can sometimes see a hint of a reptile family resemblance, but he's warm, snuggly, and he interacts and communicates with me, unlike the turtles I've had in the past. The same goes for the birds and reptiles I've helped rehabilitate. They're just so... different that I can't understand how they can all be classified as reptiles. Sure, have the new taxonomy show the common ancestor, but keep birds as Aves.

Anyway, I did some digging and came across this blog post that explains the whole debate better than I could:
              http://reptilis.net/2008/07/17/crocodil … thinks-so/

2. jenb0128 profile image91

Oh my gosh... I'm sorry to have gone all science nerd!!

1. Second Lives profile image60
                Second Livesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Despite all your science(s), you can't explain this simple fact why a mother loves her child.

Erm... what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

But I'll play. There actually has been scientific research on that topic. Here you go:
                  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 100717.htm

The kid that is loved by her mother will take tea when he is adult. It's relevant!

Anyway, so, in the end, you're saying that you're all in your head??!!!

2. A Troubled Man profile image56

Strawman fallacy. Would the explanation of why a mother loves her child somehow refute or validate the postulates of evolution?

Nope, but you can't explain that love through evolution as well.

3. kathleenkat profile image84

You are correct, in that it is not a theory.

Theories, you observe or find something, and and make conclusions based on the evidence you find.

Creationism seems opposite; people are ever searching for proof that that one idea is truth, even though the evidence they find could mean something completely different.

That's not to say that isn't truth. To seek the truth in what you believe, you need to look within yourself for answers to that. No amount of evidence, or lack thereof, corrupt what you truly feel in your own heart. I also don't think that scientific theories necessarily dispute creationism, either. Too many people are feeling threatened by the evolution theory; if there is an all-knowing god, then it is up to him to decide the truth.

2. profile image0

You've made a comparison that doesn't fit, I think.   But if not, then I would ask you just WHEN do you think they'll realize they're wrong and try to correct it?    After our Nation's children have already bought into the nonsense?

By the way, yes, I mentioned to wrong movie.   It's actually The Storm of The Century.
            My mistake is tiny compared to teaching children the theory that we came from apes.

3. f_hruz profile image59
          f_hruzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are right, ignorance will not go away on it's own ... not right away!

You speak out against evolution even though you obviously have no idea how all of nature really works because you have made up your mind that a super natural god created everything ... so you and your 400+ hub followers can perpetuate religious BS and spread christian right wing, reactionary political propaganda ... and feel happy doing it.

... but what's in this to be so proud of when it's so easy to check and see that you'r just trying to spread nothing more than obvious ignorance and a total lack of reality?

1. profile image0

LOL
            Funny.
            But sad too, that so many people who believe in "evolution" seem to get sooo personally defensive when a Christian or other conservative takes part in a conversation.   And sooo personally offensive toward that conservative person.    It's become typical, actually;  and I don't quite understand it except to perhaps believe that sooo many people aren't secure in their beliefs, so they instantly go to a corner and take swipes at anyone who doesn't blindly confirm their opinions.

Wow, thanks for checking out my profile.   I checked yours out a few mins ago.   Yeah buddy I am indeed one of those "religious types" that your profile talks about.    I guess we're a popular subject of discussion from your corner.   Your way of writing sounds sooo familiar too.   Are you sure we haven't "met" around here before under different circumstances (like...you under another screen name...?)

By the way, before you get set on the idea that I "don't know how nature really works",  you might wanna take notice of at least one little fact-----I've given birth to children.    Any woman who's ever given birth to a baby can sure claim knowledge of "how nature works"! LOL.     And anyone who's ever fathered a baby should also know!   It doesn't take rocket science to figure it out!
            And if you're talking about nature as in trees and other plant life and all that, well, honestly, I know as much about that as most people, because it's common knowledge how "nature works".   It sure doesn't take a scientist to tell us!    And if you mean how things work in outer space, etc., then you should remember that people are fallible and so are the machines they create, so it's best to not take anyone's word at face value when it comes to subjects that are unproven, where conjecture often gets labeled as "fact".

By the way, I corrected my error as to the movie title.  It's The Storm of The Century.

5. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Children are innocent?

Children are guilty of the worst cruelty.
    http://d32usnt9hdn16.cloudfront.net/pictures/ec73a08511f0f15158c830720aee7588.jpg

6. ftclick profile image55
    ftclickposted 11 years ago

I agree it was a theory. Now, there is scientific evidence man could not have evolved from monkey, ape.
    do a search for Lloyd Pye, this site explains the impossibility of Darwin's Evolution and Human's DNA - s8int.com/dna8.html
    do this search - "man did not evolve from apes says leading anthropologist"

It becomes clear that it would've been impossible. Please red it first before dismissing. I will als keep an open mind and read arguments for Darwinism against these claims

1. A Troubled Man profile image56

That's the clown who found an elongated skull and considered it proof positive it was an alien-human hybrid and that we're all descendants of aliens. Of course, everyone else understands the skull shape was a result of hydrocephalus.

What Pye fails to explain is where the aliens originated.

Turtles upon turtles.

You still can't explain how did the life of earth originate. No need to seek further.

Then, invoke invisible magical super beings to explain it, if that's the explanation you're looking for. No need to think.

So goes the phobia for magical beings.

2. ftclick profile image55
        ftclickposted 11 years agoin reply to this

actually the result of hydrocephalus was ruled out of the equation too.

I don't necessarily believe him but there are others too who side with us not evolving from ape, chimpanzee, hominoid, etc. SO, if 70% of the scholarly scientists believe it one way it is factual proof and therefore absolute. No! If we can't get explain everything on earth yet, why are they 100% correct. BTW, I do talk with JPL scientists and you'd be surprised to find out what you don't know regarding space.

Yeah, sure you do. roll

7. psycheskinner profile image83

All science is theory, even gravity (but good luck swimming to the moon).  It is only religion that declares itself infallible.

8. profile image56
    dannyclarkeposted 11 years ago

Another new sock puppet.

Like you?

9. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

I would certainly hope not!  Everyone knows that although we share a common ancestor it wasn't a monkey (or an ape, either, for that matter).

That ridiculous claim comes only from the rabid radical right wing of religion, that tries to use it as an emotional appeal "proving" that everyone else is ignorant of reality. Any teacher using such muddy thinking or promoting their religious beliefs like that in school needs a quick pink slip.

10. Lwelch profile image81
    Lwelchposted 11 years ago

Everything is still a theory in science.  While some theories are adopted as likely to be true, none are ever considered absolute.  A theory that has been tested multiple times with multiple ways points towards the probability that we are correct.

Interestingly, our mitochondria has different DNA than the rest of our bodies.  It is a ring rather than a double helix.

Also, all evolution means is change.  Creatures change over time due to environmental stress.  Even if you don't think humans got here from something common, you may believe in small scale evolution like what we see when we create dog breeds.

11. Meg Davis profile image67
    Meg Davisposted 11 years ago

What's dangerous to children is to teach them to ignore facts.  All life evolves.  Presumably, those who believe in God also believe that God gave them the ability to think critically.  Refusing to use that ability would be a slap in the face to God.  Remember the parable about the man who buried his gold instead of using it wisely.

12. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 11 years ago

Well, I guess the sock puppet was banned because they were a sock puppet........
    That's good.
    But also bad because they asked a very valid question.   
    The problem was that the responders who posted such theoretical outlandish replies ...well.....posted such theoretical outlandish replies! lol

13. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

@ts let us assume that two people come to you...one says some x whom no one has seen created humans in present form from nowhere...now u asked him , what is proof?...he says there is a book which says that...u asked who wrote that book?...he says some four authors...

now second man comes and says well human evolved to present form...you ask what is proof...he says well there r fossil proofs...u look at that and ask for missing links...he says we are uncovering but here is what we have as of now...

Now who is more reliable ?...first person or second person?...Who is more honest?...First person or second person?....

Religion has corrupted humans since long without any proof...now its time we face less exciting but proof based theory than totally imaginary theory of religions...

If someone is from India, that explains a lot.

@second that doesnot answer my question...whom would u believe first person who claims lot but provides no proof or second person who claims , shows tangible proof and is open to correct himself if proven wrong?....

Don't complicate the issue. A theory being disregarded doesn't mean that a 'holy' book must be true then. It's not interconnected.

@second proof?...out of 400 holy books has any book given proof...original point is who is corrupting....400 odd holy which are based on claims without proof or scientific theory which backs with proof...whom would any thinking human being back?...

14. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

I would be horrified, and would think the school was not providing even a basic education for my kids, if they did not teach about evolution in science class.

@sherry true...

15. 2uesday profile image64
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

Or maybe on the other foot smile

Tomorrow may bring yet another evolution of the forum womble.

16. austinhealy profile image71
    austinhealyposted 11 years ago

Children are, by definition, innocent. Whatever they learn in life will be most likely influenced by their parents or guardian. How would you react if someone posted a question : Is the theory of religion corrupting innocent children ? Sounds offensive doesn't it ? This being said, people choose to believe whatever they want. Whether children will be "corrupted" or not is a matter of perception, what is seen by some as education will be seen by others as corruption. In my opinion, what should be done with children is to make them aware objectively of the options available to them, that's education, and let them decide for themselves where they want to go as they grow up. I was raised that way, so was my son, and I believe it works well without claiming to be right. The difficulty in life is not to believe whatever one decides to be right, it's the ability to recognise and accept that someone else may have a different point of view

17. Artistic vision profile image60
    Artistic visionposted 11 years ago

And telling they came from some god isn't? Hint "dog" has been proven fiction and evolution is more than a theory it is the truth. I say teach evolution and religion and let them decide and not us for them.

18. mandy71394 profile image61
    mandy71394posted 11 years ago

No because who created the monkeys? God. Religion can still be used even with the theory of evolution.

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Who created god, Monkeys or supergod?

19. mandy71394 profile image61

I can see that a lot of people on here are worried about religion fading and faith being lost. They are wondering...why is our country losing its religion? I can tell you why? Its because of Obama and the liberals. They want to get rid of religion. They even tried taking about "God" from our pledge. Obama is not for religion. I am Cuban and I have experienced communism and socialism. Obama is a spitting image. He says spread the wealth.... Cuba spread the wealth... now everyone is equally poor. Obama wants to add more Welfare programs because it causes more dependency on government and makes less people want to start making money because then they wont have all the free handouts the government gives. He supressed freedom of speech in front of any agents which is rading the constitution. and come one... Obamacare? really? Cuba also got rid of religion so that the country could worship Fidel as their God. Spread the wealth, no religion, restricted freedom of speech, messing with the constituion? ALL SIGNS OF SOCIALISM!!!! DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS MAN WHO HAS TIES WITH ALL OUR ENEMIES AND TERRORISTS!!! He even stated that Capitalism does not work!!! What kind of president is this? Oh and not letting the soldiers vote early when eveyone else can? how is that fair? He has put us more in debt and weakened our country's faith, ROMNEY RYAN 2012 all the way!!! Its the smart choice!

1. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why NOT get rid of religion?  Religion promotes racism, sexism, child abuse, war, dishonesty, etc.

I wish "GOD" was removed from the pledge.  since God is only a character in a fairytale, it makes American grownups look like perpetual prepubescent children.

GOOD!!!

Thumbs up! Believing in an imaginary friend should of went away with the Easter Bunny and Santa!

20. mandy71394 profile image61

I can see that a lot of people on here are worried about religion fading and faith being lost. They are wondering...why is our country losing its religion? I can tell you why? Its because of Obama and the liberals. They want to get rid of religion. They even tried taking about "God" from our pledge. Obama is not for religion. I am Cuban and I have experienced communism and socialism. Obama is a spitting image. He says spread the wealth.... Cuba spread the wealth... now everyone is equally poor. Obama wants to add more Welfare programs because it causes more dependency on government and makes less people want to start making money because then they wont have all the free handouts the government gives. He supressed freedom of speech in front of any agents which is rading the constitution. and come one... Obamacare? really? Cuba also got rid of religion so that the country could worship Fidel as their God. Spread the wealth, no religion, restricted freedom of speech, messing with the constituion? ALL SIGNS OF SOCIALISM!!!! DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS MAN WHO HAS TIES WITH ALL OUR ENEMIES AND TERRORISTS!!! He even stated that Capitalism does not work!!! What kind of president is this? Oh and not letting the soldiers vote early when eveyone else can? how is that fair? He has put us more in debt and weakened our country's faith, ROMNEY RYAN 2012 all the way!!! Its the smart choice!

From Wikipedia:

"Cuba has traditionally been a Catholic country. In some instances Catholicism is much modified and influenced through syncretism. A common syncretic religion is Santería, which combined the Yoruban religion of the African slaves with Catholicism and some Native American strands; it shows similarities to Brazilian Umbanda and has been receiving a degree of official support.
      The Roman Catholic Church estimates that 60 percent of the population is Catholic,[1] but that only 5% of that 60% attends mass regularly,[2] while independent sources estimate that as few 1.5% of the population does so.[3]"

You lost me when you started yelling and parroting tea party rhetoric.

2. pisean282311 profile image62

@mandy if that is so...usa must thank obama...

21. heatherleex profile image60
    heatherleexposted 11 years ago

How is it corrupting innocent children to teach them science?  Yet there is nothing wrong with brainwashing children to believe in religion?

I don't know why religion and science cannot coexist?  Why should you turn your back on science to make your religion make more sense?

Maybe some balance is in order.

The big difference in teaching a child religion and science, there's no death threat if the child questions or doesn't believe in science.

22. mandy71394 profile image61

Why would I thank Obama??

23. psycheskinner profile image83

Innocence is just ignorance without malice.  You can fix the former and keep the latter.

24. Praetor profile image61
    Praetorposted 11 years ago

Guess which one of these the church claims is "harmful to children"...

http://i.imgur.com/jobm6.jpg

25. psycheskinner profile image83

Common knowledge is very often wrong.  That's why humans get into so much trouble.

26. karthikkash profile image84
    karthikkashposted 11 years ago

Honestly, this is my viewpoint.. "Theory of evolution" is as much a theory as "theory of intelligent design" or "theory of creation". Some of my fellow scientists here have told that theories are drawn from facts. No denying that. However, the problem occurs when we start accepting the "theory" itself as "law". In my 8th standard, I learnt that a "law" is called so because it has been proven beyond doubt. Newton's "laws of gravity" are laws.. Theory is just a conclusion based on mathematical findings.. It does not become a law until it is proved beyond doubt for ages to come.. Einstein's "theory of relativity" is a theory.. I can theorize tomorrow that earth is a square or rectangle or some random geometric figure.. It remains a theory unless proved. I think that my fellow scientists here must understand that first.

Coming to the actual answer.. Teaching either of these theories as theories is the best way to teach a student, instead of teaching either of them as a law. Teaching any of these as laws becomes detrimental to a child's reasoning power. Children should be encouraged to learn to reason and not blindly accept some theory as law.

1. profile image0

Sorry to say, wrong in so many aspects.
      1)"Theory of evolution" is as much a theory as "theory of intelligent design" or "theory of creation"

But evolution is a rational theory, that is a theory with no (inherent) contradiction, while the other two has contradictions.
      2)learnt that a "law" is called so because
      A law is a description based on (usually)observation, while a theory is an objective explanation based on a hypothesis.
      3) Theory is just a conclusion based on mathematical findings
      Mathematics has nothing to do with theory, maths is a description.
      4)Teaching either of these theories
      Teaching a student bachelors are unmarried people and teaching them there is someone called married bachelors are the same thing?

1. karthikkash profile image84
        karthikkashposted 11 years agoin reply to this

meu desculpe for some of the errors big_smile A slight correction for "no contradictions" though.. Scientists and evolutionists still haven't found the "missing link". So, where is that missing link??

However irrational or rational a theory is.. It is still a theory. Whether you want it or not, students will eventually learn from the internet that there are multiple theories.. Also, multiple theories which supposedly become facts are proven wrong many times. Take Einstein's theory of relativity. Science is already trying to prove it wrong. that objects can move faster than light.

I wouldn't be actually surprised if a millennium later humans recreate the same "theory of creation" or intelligent design on another planet.. Impossible or improbable?? I wouldn't say that considering that we are already finding frozen ice caps on Mars and we are already finding planets in other solar systems that possibly contain earth like atmosphere.

My contention is this. The best thing to teach a kid is to place the reasons and facts behind a theory.. Why is "theory of evolution" or "theory of creation" called so? What are the facts and reasons behind it? Guide them to come at their own reasoning and correct them if their reason doesn't hold good.. That is how scientists like Einstein are created. Not putting a blanket response that one theory is BS while you are not even allowing them to reason. Let them see what is logically correct and makes sense and draw their own conclusion.

1. profile image0

Missing link??
          I am not stating the entire evolution, the 'links'through which each organism went through like that, nor am I stating evolution is the only theory. What I said is that, among the three you povided only evolution is rational, that is might have happened. The other two has inherent contradiction in it, so can never happen.
          Theories are not proven, proofs, experiments are all in the hypothesis stage. A theory is a mere exlanation of a past event, how it might have happened, considering all available data.
          Humans cannot increase their own fertility for their survival, so forget about the rest. smile Again this has no bearing on how humans originated. We are producing here own earth with only emotion, no intelligence wink
          For the kids to reason, first tell them how to reason. If you want to teach them contradictions, they should be able to identify the contradiction. The creation theory is taught for centuaries, but how many can identify the contradiction in it?

1. Chip6 profile image57
            Chip6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

"What I said is that, among the three you povided only evolution is rational, that is might have happened. "

-Sorry to say, but you have no idea of the subject.

1. profile image0

Which subject?

1. Chip6 profile image57

lol lol

1. profile image0

Expect nothing else from a believer, they only know how to shout!

1. Chip6 profile image57

lol

27. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 11 years ago

Agreed,

Creationism is not a scientific theory, but is nothing but a mere silly, primitive myth, based upon an ancient fairy tale.  Why should any child be taught this outright fraud right along with a working scientific theory?

The Theory of Evolution has mountains of evidence.  Creationism:  NONE!  Why contaminate the thinking of otherwise normal pupils with a psychotic belief that's harder to kick than dangerous street drugs?

1. Chip6 profile image57

That is how YOU think about it. The reality is quite opposite of what you prattled there.

Rather than posting vacuous, absurd rebuttals, please supply evidence that prove your assertion, or...I suggest you stop with this  attempt at debating.

1. Chip6 profile image57

What evidence you have? Quit junior, you can't hang.

http://www.teachthemscience.org/evidence

The fact that one chooses to throw childish insults instead of engaging in honest debate speaks volumes about the level of intellect, morality and maturity of that individual.

Let us please proceed with reason.

1. Chip6 profile image57

Reason? lol

They have some quotes from people who have belief in the theory of evolution, and they have written down there some childlike explanations for the mugs.

There is nothing else there, except the ghost of an unclad superman lol

So Chip6, do you have anything else to say beyond your total rebuke of the veracity of Evolution?  It is fine that you find inconsistencies in the theory, however, what is your position?  Do you have a better theory, or do you choose to remain neutral until a better theory presents itself?

If you have a more workable theory, can you please show proof of this theory, and we can, by preponderance, see which is more probable.

Thank you

1. Praetor profile image61

http://pedant.artoflivin.sk/wp-content/uploads/dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Sound advice.  I'm done with this one.

2. Chip6 profile image57

Yes, we won't feed you! lol

2. Chip6 profile image57

Nicely put, Samaritan.

Here is one theory for you, which advocates that Life on Earth came from other planets - http://journalofcosmology.com/Cosmology1.html

Interestingly, an abnormal human skull was found in Mexico. Paranormal researcher Lloyd Pye, the owner of the skull, says he obtained the skull from Ray and Melanie Young of El Paso, Texas, in February 1999.

Pye claims that the skull is the skull of a hybrid offspring of an extraterrestrial and a human female. There have been DNA tests to prove that claim. Here is the report of the most recent DNA analysis-

1999 and 2003 DNA TEST RESULTS

"In 1999 the Starchild Skull was tested by the BOLD forensic teaching lab in Canada. They thought they had recovered human nuclear DNA from the "Y" chromosome, proving that the Starchild was a normal human male. This result was later determined to be a contamination.

In 2003 the Starchild Project was able to arrange another DNA test, this time by Trace Genetics, the ancient DNA lab that had tested the Kennewick Man. They were able to recover mitochondrial DNA, but not nuclear DNA. This left two options--either the nuclear DNA was too degraded to recover, or the DNA was too different from that of a human to be detected by the human primers they were using to test it."

http://www.starchildproject.com/dna1999-2003.htm

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7243030_f248.jpg

1. Chip6 profile image57

But more interestingly, I found all these informations in Google Scholar. Here is the 'terms of use' of that product from Google...

"Disclaimer:  Legal opinions in Google Scholar are provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed lawyer. Google does not warrant that the information is complete or accurate."    lol

28. Paul Wingert profile image59
    Paul Wingertposted 11 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7239254_f248.jpg

1. Livehappy89 profile image65
      Livehappy89posted 11 years agoin reply to this

hahahah awesome quote!!

29. Chip6 profile image57
    Chip6posted 11 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7240549_f248.jpg

Where exactly did Dawkins say that? Or, is that just another poster from the liars for Jesus camp?

1. Chip6 profile image57

That quote from Dawkins have some legitimate question. Why do you suspect that picture? lol

Anyone can generate a fake image, we get it, you know how to use MS Paint.

What does Dawkins really think and say on the subject:

"What you cannot really logically do is to say, well I believe that there's some kind of intelligence, some kind of divine physicist who designed the laws of physics, therefore Jesus is my lord and savior who died for my sins. That's an impermissible illogicality that unfortunately many people resort to."

"You can't even begin to understand biology, you can't understand life, unless you understand what it's all there for, how it arose - and that means evolution. So I would teach evolution very early in childhood. I don't think it's all that difficult to do. It's a very simple idea. One could do it with the aid of computer games and things like that."

By the way, let me introduce you to a novel concept, it's called "citing your sources":
      Dawkins: Evolution is 'not a controversial issue'

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09 … ial-issue/

1. Chip6 profile image57

How are you so sure what another human being really thinks? Did you sink into his head and saw what his thought are, dear Samaritan?

That quote belongs to Richard Dawkins, the man who is quite different in his private than what he is in public.

Do you know what job he has, his employment? Do you have any idea? It's because of his career ( Simonyi Professor for the Public Understanding of Science at Oxford) that he had to defend Darwinian ideas, which he knows are utterly bullshit. Added to that, he wrote books denouncing all monotheistic religions (I have no idea why he spared Buddhism) which made his wallet thicker.

Quit worshiping the theory of evolution. Your religion is ridiculous.

1. Chip6 profile image57

"Notwithstanding these disproofs, Darwinism continues to be mainstream science because of the Priority of the Paradigm: there is simply no scientific alternative theory. Above that the Darwinian worldview satisfies the same deep psychological need for an all embracing explanation for the origin of the world, which has also motivated all cosmogenic myth makers of the past!"

http://home.wxs.nl/~gkorthof/kortho18.htm

(I don't endorse that article. But as you all think that only YOU have those links, I thought it would be satisfying to the bootleggers.)

Enough troll,

I may disagree with the religious community (Christians in particular), but at least they actually believe what they're talking about. You on the other hand created a bogus account and you've been going around trolling the religion forums (playing both sides of the argument).

If you're going to try and troll the forums here, you might want to spend some time on 4chan or reddit first and at least learn how, because as it stands now, you suck at it.

1. Chip6 profile image57

So, brother Charley, anyone who doesn't believe your bullshit belief system must be labeled a troll? lol

You are behaving just like a faithhead! You can't hang, Samaritan. Go troll a whinne Christian to get a relief. You're hurt lol

3. Livehappy89 profile image65
      Livehappy89posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Read Dawkin's "The God Dellusion" and figure out if he would ever say something like that....

1. Chip6 profile image57

That's your belief. lol

30. EGAD Call profile image59
    EGAD Callposted 11 years ago

It should probably look more like this.

http://vintageprintable.swivelchairmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Art-Illustration-Les-Ages-de-Lhomme-780x610.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)