Would you like HELP with promotion?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Cags this is great Thank-you so much for taking the time to do this!
    Since you have taken such an active interest in this maybe you would like to co-author the Blog
    You could do a daily "In my opinion post" or anything that suits your fancy

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome Ohma. I'll have to think about your offer. It might come in handy at some time. But, just not presently. smile

2. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Good morning Daniel and PDH
    PDH you have been included Danile can I count you in?

3. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

CAGSIL is this allowed by the HP staff? Thank you

The rules say that we cannot SELF promote, but we can promote other people and/or their hubs? It's part of what goes into Authorscore. smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image54
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you CAGSIL!

Can I also post one of your article here -- the link I mean?

I don't see why not, because you are NOT self-promoting your own hubs. You are promoting another hubbers hub. smile

4. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

If my new hub or my blog is in any way violating Hubpage rules I really wish someone would just come out and say that. It is now and always has been my goal to help ALL the Hubbers that have been so friendly and helpful to me.
    I do not wish to break the hubpage rules so if I am doing something wrong I wish someone from the staff would let me know what it is.

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your blog does not break any rules Ohma, but promoting it on forums does. smile

I am not staff of course, but this is plain and simple. smile

Take a look at how Dale approaches similar task smile

1. Ohma profile image61
        Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did not post the OP Casil did and he has no attachment to my Blog at all other than He likes the Idea.

Also It was Dale that I was modeling after with his approval of course since he is the one that came up with the idea.

Ohma wrote:
        I have decided to do a blog on my favorite hubs. If you would like to be included post the name of your hub here. Remember no links. If you would like to see the Blog it is <link snipped>
        Thanks Ohma

P.S Dale Mazurek if it bothers you that I borrowed your Idea please say so an I will take it down!

Dale Responds
        Heck no, it doesnt bother me at all.

Hubpages is all about helping other hubbers.  In fact if you would like we could list each other links on each blog and allow double exposure.

Kudos to you. 

My tip to you is do keep updating the blog.  I try everyday and I never go more than 2 days and I am watching the numbers all go in the right direction.

more and more links everyday and the alexa ranking is dropping each day.  Eventually I am predicting a great place for hubbers links.

Cheers

Dale

let me know if you want to exchange links.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I read this one this morning from CAGSIL and it is very nice

http://hubpages.com/hub/Explanation-Human-Sense-of-Life

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Since Daniel was kind enough to post and compliment both of us, and not emailed me a link....I decided to pick one link myself.

Any bachelors who like to cook for themselves...here is a recipe.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Bachelors-Cookb … etti-Sauce

7. profile image0
    Norah Caseyposted 14 years ago

Reposting the self-promoting material of other hubbers as a way to circumvent the rule is not acceptable. If you would like to write a unique post about the merits of another user's hub and post the link, that would be acceptable. Please note: "Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links."

1. Ohma profile image61

Again sorry I should have removed the link myself. I was only trying to show Misha that I had already done as he suggested.

1. profile image0
        Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No worries Ohma smile

8. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Cags, The rules are the rules and we can't self promote on the threads it is written on the left every time we post a reply.
    It also says we are not to start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links. My perception is that when we are having a discussion and would like to give an example or reference another hubbers writing we can then post a link. Don't get upset those are just the rules. smile

Please note that forum posts that promote your own Hub will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account. Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links. Please use the Forums in the spirit of community! forum rules

1. Ohma profile image61

Cagsil posted the OP and he has no attachment to my Blog at all other than He likes the Idea.
      He was not self promoting anything anly trying to share a good thing with others

1. profile image0
        Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This forum thread was created with the sole purpose of promoting an outside link, as was the original Cagsil cited when creating this thread. Please review the forum TOS on the left of the submit field.

1. Ohma profile image61

Ok again as I said I had no intention of violating any Hubpage rules. Please close this thread and any others related to this subject.

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Isn't recommend another hubbers hub already an established forum post - no need to start another is there?

10. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

"It also says we are not to start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links. My perception is that when we are having a discussion and would like to give an example or reference another hubbers writing we can then post a link. Don't get upset those are just the rules."

If this is true then please how do you explain this monstrosity http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/24079

Jane@CM
    Please check out my profile to see what this is all about. it was never intended to be anothe recomen another hubber thing but since the op was deleted it is all out of wack now.

11. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I for one think the whole rules on not posting your own hubs is kind of stupid. It seems to me that they would want people to look at our hubpages no matter where the traffic comes from. I am sure that the people who advertise on our hubs would appreciate it.

Every time you post to the forums, someone might take an interest and look at your hubs anyways, so why not allow a link or two? It would help those who are not getting traffic, and further boost those that are. So I don't see the problem.

If you are just posting links, with no subject, I can see that as spamming your site, but if your topic matches the link, why not allow it? They don't seem to have a problem with hubpage knowlege links, why not alllow others?

It is just an opinion.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am with you on this one briman...In my opinion I think alloing your links be posted is a good thing. Not just for yu but for the ones who advertise on your hubs.

2. skyfire profile image81
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And what about spamming that will be done from the excess of threads promoting each others or personal work indirectly/directly ? We have hubmob and hubnuggets,30day challenge and recommend another person's hub thread. Isn't that enough ? If each one of us starts to promote every single hub created then sure it'll be spamming spree.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)