amazon.co.uk v amazon.com?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Thumb86 profile image60
    Thumb86posted 13 years ago

I have a UK amazon accnt. Should I have a .com account, which I assume is the US site, for the affilliate ads to work properly..ie, register orders, clicks etc

1. Polly C profile image90
      Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you cannot sell Amazon.co.uk products on hubpages.

2. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Something I've been testing out for awhile is showing the photo of a specific amazon uk product and getting an amazon.co.uk affiliate link and place a text capsule underneath with the anchor text of the product which will go through the affiliate link.

If you target your hubpages for a UK market, ie: travel and places, then its worth a try! made a few sales here and there, just needs some fine tuning!

Oh, so you mean you can sell through Amazon UK, Wayne? I don't quite get what you mean, though I'm sure you have explained it perfectly well, it's just me

1. waynet profile image67
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Through the actual Amazon capsules you cannot, but if you link seperately through an Amazon UK link you can, this means you could really do one product targeted to the UK and one to the .com US Amazon.

Right, thanks for that - could be very useful.

1. Thumb86 profile image60
            Thumb86posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The e-mail address and password you are using are not connected to an Associates account. If your Associates e-mail address or password is different from the one used with your Amazon.com customer account, please log in here. If you still have problems logging in, please contact us.

i get this message when I try to log in..?

2. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have just tried it on one of my hubs, after going to the Amazon.co.uk help page.  Here's what the relevant page says:

"We offer a variety of link types in our Build Links section, including those that can link to specific items at Amazon.co.uk. While we suggest that you use our Build Links tools to ensure that you have a properly formatted link and to ensure that you qualify for the direct link bonus, we have received a lot of requests for a simple text link. So if you need to build a simple text link to a specific item on Amazon.co.uk, here is the link format you need to use:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/ASIN/ref=nos … SSOCIATEID

This link format qualifies for the direct link bonus.

Just replace ASIN and YOURASSOCIATEID with the respective details."

NB: You probably know this already, but you need to join the Amazon.co.uk Associates programme, which is entirely separate from the US one, and use your UK Associates ID!

Yeah I either use the Amazon site stripe and get the associated page or serach results link that way or I do this or get the product link directly in the text link builder.

One thing that I have done and will do more of, but only on Amazon search pages that will be there for like ever. And this is to get a related domain name that redirects through to the search results page for art products and other stuff, it makes the link shorter and redirects through that longer affiliate link.

As usual there is more testing involved, but hey I've got the time nowadays now!

2. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats not a bad idea, but I came to Hubpages because it cut out all the hassle of manually building up my advertisements, it's what I pay 40% for.  The most I usually do is place a link on the page say something along the lines of 'hey! Are you from teh UK, Go HERE! and then I place a link to a related Amazon AStore.

Yeah I'm the same, I prefer to chuck in the Amazon capsules around my content and then test the results, but there is something in doing this though, do it often enough and the Amazon uk earnings could equal the amazon.com earnings!!

But I suppose it's a numbers game and trying to target the UK more as a whole, maybe country specific products or something along them lines, that way they may purchase......

Still testing this one out though....

3. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

I do the same as Oli - although I link to a specific Amazon.co.uk page rather than an A-Store (I did steal that idea from Oli smile ). But I have found that UK traffic is less than a tenth of US traffic so the £10 I have made so far will prbably sit in that account forever, never reaching payout.

I get around £30 - £40 pound a week from Amazon uk which doesn't sound a lot, but I can buy three books a week to review or even 3 dvds to review, so it's constantly feeding my income in stages slowly.

4. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Grrrr don't make me jealous - I can't cope with negative emotions before having my evening glass of wine. Congratulations on your 100 score too. I have been more active in the hubber community over the last few days and be rewarded with a score reduction!

I've done a couple separate UK US hubs - but had no joy with it yet. Maybe I need to try harder. You have inspired me to give it a bit more effort.

Cheers now! The hubscore is one mean fluctuating sucker at times, mine has dipped to 90 on the odd occasion....

The key is I think to test your click rate first and see what clicks you get, because clicks can mean that people are interested in certain products, so it may be a good idea to add uk amazon affiliate links together with Amazon.com affiliate links or sometimes seperately....it's all in the placement really. I've tested this in my current account, but in one of my other hubpages accounts I've totally gone mad creating Amazon hubpages and time will tell for Christmas and other holidays and special occasions.....

I'm attempting to make this full time now, as the past 2 years has seen a traffic rise and income rise in hubpages that is worth taking notice of....

Good luck with your Amazon Hubs Spacey, you can do it!!

1. Spacey Gracey profile image38
        Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What as in you are going to do HP full time? Exciting stuff.

I have been having a brilliant month with Amazon.com (and a whopping £1.25 with UK) and that has convinced me to drop some of my other commitments and stick to doing HP for a while - but that still leaves me with just 15 hours a week since the kids havne't learnt to pick themselves up from school, cook dinner and clean the house yet.

I'm the same, I cook the teas, clean the house and pick the kids up from school, but I'm a night owl most times and so most of my work gets done at night, with any other spare time I just write about stuff that comes into my head after reading some new books and watching some documentaries.

Currently I've got over a 100 more hubpages mapped out in note books and I hope to publish these before the end of October. Of course I do have a few blogs that I still have to run too and this just adds to my income....it's going to be busy, but the reality of it is this.....I never want to work another crummy job again...been there done that worn the t-shirt....been working part time for nearly two years now and full time just sounds like the next step forward!

1. thisisoli profile image70
            thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've had to step in to employment again, instigated by sky high immigration costs, wedding expenses, and the impending end of my wifes temporary job at a charity.

Fortuantely it is a pretty good job, I am wirking for a guy building up wordpress websites, which I do for myself anyway.

But the hit of having to work for someone else again has sparked me in to action in terms of needing to ensure I can get back in to my own employment and earn enough cash online.

5. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Oh b*gger, the crucial URL has been shortened.  Here's that URL without the http://www. bit at the beginning:

amazon.co.uk/dp/ASIN/ref=nosim?tag=YOURASSOCIATEID

6. Spacey Gracey profile image38

You sound just like me! I never want to work for anyone else again. But I am not a night owl and need my sleep so will be nowhere near as productive as you.

I seem to survive on 4 hours of sleep a night...although I do have some days to catch up with sleep as I'll just nod off on the bus or something and end up travelling back and forth into town a few times, done that and I woke up and didn't know what where I was!!

1. KevCC profile image70
        KevCCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've stuck with Amazon.com so far because of the size of the market but I should try targeting the UK as well, "every little helps".
        Good to hear about your success Wayne, well done.
        Here's a title for a future Hub, "the perils of falling asleep on the Bus!"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)