What is this "god things" attitude toward sex in heaven?

Jump to Last Post 51-64 of 64 discussions (265 posts)
  1. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

What will do Jesus in heaven? As per Bible, he did not marry.

With whom Jesus would have sex with, if sex in heaven is essential?

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The ones there will continually praise God, according to scripture.

You guys are saying "Heaven", not me.

No one was promised heaven.

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus did not marry, as per Bible; so he cannot go to heaven in afterlife or he cannot have a spouse there or both. This is only as per Bible; we know Jesus had wife/wives and children and he went to Heaven after when he died naturally and peacefully, as per Quran; and he is buried in Mohallah Khanyar,Srinagar,Kashmir, India.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does your religion teach that Jesus had children?
          And if so, where, according to that religion, are the descendants of Jesus and his wife/wives??

1. profile image52

Your belief should be also that Jesus did marry and had children.

The Christian claim for Jesus is not of a man; but of a perfect man, and a perfect man must marry and have children, only then one could know what his behavior was with his wife/wives, his sons and daughters.

These are very important aspects of a perfect man.

One cannot look on Jesus as an exemplary Model of a husband or as a father to his sons, so essential for a family. Why should one deny Jesus of these natural instincts gifted to him by God Allah YHWH? Just for some imaginary sins of the Catholics/Protestants and their atonement! Can’t one stop sinning so that there is no need for this imaginary sacrifice, which never happened, for Jesus’ sake?

Let Jesus enjoy his life; like you all yourself enjoy so much. Why to make Jesus a scapegoat, for nothing?
            One could however differ with me with solid reasons; that is one’s birth right.

We Muslims believe that Jesus was also one of the perfect men as were Krishna, Buddha,Moses,Zoroaster and Muhammad.

I love Jesus and Mary

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0

I see.
              Well, you are incorrect that my religion should teach that Jesus married and had children.
              Jesus's purpose in life was much bigger than those natural instincts.  He came to earth slated for, and intended to, die for the sins of all mankind.
              And there is a Scripture that I will look up for you if you wish, stating that it's best for a man NOT to marry and have sex if he can maintain without it.
              If you consider Jesus as only a man, even as only a "perfect" man, you will never understand the Holy Bible.

1. profile image52

Is it not strange that instead of Jesus setting a purpose for the life of Christians; it is the otherway round; the Christians set the purpose of the life of Jesus; who was mythically made god by Paul and the Church?

1. profile image0

Umm....the book of John in the Bible also tells us that Jesus is God.   So, in addition to your distrust of Paul's teachings and other disciples' teachings, do you also think John was lying?
                  And have you even read any of the Bible?
                  Or are you just parroting the ideas of those people who say Paul was a false prophet?

2. profile image0

Acts 26:9
                  I (Paul) verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

He told the Gentiles that Yahshua's name is Jesus to do two things
                  1. To keep them from knowing the power in the name.
                  2. To cause them to worship Zeus.

2. profile image0

Why do you keep calling Him Jesus?
          The J is a Y in Hebrew and Jesus is said He-Zeus

The name above all others is Yah. Yahshua said he came in his Father's name. Yah  Shua

And why do you speak to me about the Bible?

I only use it when addressing the Christians.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

luvpassion, the "virtual world" is so connected to the "real world", and the people in the "virtual world" ARE real, that it affects the real world.  I don't quite understand how you think you can keep the two so separate.....

3. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Luvpassion wrote:  What do you look like…Qwark…are you ashamed of your appearance?

Please allow me to inform you of something that Qwark never will.

Qwark works out every day of the year and his appearance reflects that.
    The dude is six feet and is in the absence of any body fat.
    His posture is absolutely perfect.
    First time I saw him I thought he was bob barker.
    I reckon Qwark has been plagued by beautiful young ladies all of his adult life.
    Don/t know why he never ran for president.
    Most intelligent person I ever met.
    Only fault he has is that he just cain’t catch fish.

4. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 13 years ago

AND ANOTHER THING! I got a problem with that CREATION painting. Why does God have his stuff covered up; and Adam is layin there naked? Either he was aware of his nakedness and showed some modesty; or he had nothing to cover up and just felt chilly. Which is it? I want to hear the answer from the all knowing and all seeing great wizard Debra.

5. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I just wonder who is all on this list?

6. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

From the BIBLE you say you believe in:
    You were not promised Heaven but a new earth. Paradise.
    Those on the new earth will be; building things with their hands. There will be animals that live together in peace. They will eat and drink. Children will play.

Eden/paradise regained.

The first man and women did not marry, they were made for each other.
    Only those who see sexual relationships between husband and wife as dirty feel that it will no longer be.

Isaiah 65

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 11
    8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den

Psalm 37:11
    But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace

Matthew 5:5
    Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

1. profile image52

I believe in the truthful Word of Revelation descended on the Prophets Messengers in the original language; the present  Bible in Hebrew or its translation does not contain in full and pristine form the truthful Word Revealed. It has lost its reason/wisdom part.

1. profile image0

1. profile image52

Do the dead sea scrolls consist of all the books of bible OT & NT from Matthew to John's Revelation?

1. profile image0

Leave me alone

7. profile image0
    bolt1951posted 13 years ago

How about the oceans??? if I go swimming or surfing can a shark eat me???

8. profile image0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuU36AOn … re=related

This I dedicate to us all............!!!!!!!

9. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

What will do Jesus in heaven? As per Bible, he did not marry.

With whom Jesus would have sex with, if sex in heaven is essential?

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well remember god can do anything theme?...sure god can create companion if HE wants to..god is all powerful and knows the best smile

10. profile image0

I have no Idea why a Muslim is getting so involved with this Forum? Simply because I know for a fact that the Muslim religion for the most part
    believe that Jesus was just another prophet, and he wasn't crucified. and that according to the Koran, he mentioned Mohammad to the masses and told them that he will be the last one that God will be sending to give the world the truth....I don't want to be disrespectable to anyones belief, out of all the religions, this one appears to have the most violence, against humanity that I have ever seen,

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3905206_f248.jpg

This is what was done to a woman in afganistan by the Taliban. Why because she was being mistreated by her husband and his Family. She simply couln't take it anymore  so she ran to her parents. They first cut off her ears then her nose. I know that in most countries they have police and undercover agents abd so on. Why they are getting involed in a domestic issue is beyond me. However I bet they have an excuse to suit their actions. they always do. So I guess that when Jesus said follow Mohammad, which by the way in my opinion sounds very familiar to Jesus story with a twist of Machismo, and violence beyond compare. Almost primitive in nature now I do know their are true muslims that are pure at heart...so for some reason this religion has been devided into sects. what ever that means. I guess it's another way of saying that the true muslims point of view is misunderstood. And what ever they decide they are reading from the Koran is the true word of Allah...how this is done I'm sure they have an answer for that also. But what ever the come back is please make it so that it is crystal clear, and without the "you wouldn't understand because you are an infadle story attached to it.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

this image is shocking...

2. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Bolt:
      " ...out of all the religions, this one appears to have the most violence, against humanity that I have ever seen,"
      Yes, contemporarily.
      The 1000 yrs of the reign of the roman catholic church during the dark ages produced violence to humanity that has not yet been duplicated.
      I guess it's now islams turn.
      The history of monotheism is rife with death and destruction.
      Regardless of how monotheists give lip service to the subjects of love and caring, their history gives us an enlightening look at their purpose and desires.
      Monotheism is deadly to the core!

11. profile image0

Hi Qwark,

Yes I know ....These books every single one has evil undertones, as I was growing up I one day questioned, how the hell did the Romans Kill Jesus and all of a sudden it is in charge of the very religion they had their claws in and were participants of the killing of the son of God. I eventually found out. And to be honest I still have a hard time making any sense of it all. A prime example is the Mafia, how they operate and yet when it comes to religion, it appears they have a very strong conviction. No matter what attrocities they commit. That is so confusing and I think the worst part is that for some reason they have no remorse. I mean nothing...!!!That is why I have given up.....I believe in something and that something is unknown territory to me. But most importantly is man kind. can't trust not one I have been backstabbed so many times it's a wonder I can still walk.

1. qwark profile image59

Sorry to hear about the problems Bolt.
      I gave up on mankind many years ago.
      Monotheism has been, still is the bane of human progress.
      Believe in, trust in yourself as I do.
      I'm certainly not perfect, but in comparison to the majority of humanity, if people lived feeling the way about life as I do, there'd be no problems in our future.
      Continuing on as we are, the future is bleak for coming generations.
      We are in deep doo-doo!

12. profile image0

Well Qwark,

One thing for sure I look forward to the day I pass on. I am almost completely fearless. I was and am a strong believer in John Lennons concept, of I just believe in me, and God is a concept by which we measure our pain. And he had a phylosophy I
    which he onced mentioned on an interview which has stayed with me ever since I heard it. And that was that he believed that dying was like coming out of one car and going into another. I believe that is about as close as you can possibly get to that subject. But what ever it is it has defenately got to be better than this. These people talk about heaven and earth and as far as am concern this place is HELL, with a little shade on it...this place is full of Evil, Deciete, misconceptions, misunderstanding, I wonder how some of us can still be creative in such a mess surrounding us all the time.I'm also surprised we've even made it his far. However deep down inside something tells me that in my lifetime I will see this mess. Because it is just simply unavoidable. Man simply doesn't have the what it takes.

1. qwark profile image59

..pretty much gotta agree with ya Bolt!

13. profile image0

And one more thing Qwark,

you know the concept about that the ones that are really running the show we'll never know I have a strong suspicion that underneath it all. There are people with more resources than Bill Gates himself...and those are the ones I fear the most
    because what drives them is Power which they happen to have, and greed. Two volatile mixures.

1. qwark profile image59

Bolt: Oh yes! I'm sure there is a universal "cabal" dedicated to world control!

14. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Funny , isn't it , man even has to argue about sex in heaven , Man doesn't even begin to realize how he screws it up here. Only man can breed his brains out to the point of over population, Leave his wife and children  to "find himself " and then  argue the points and possiblilities of , "is there still sex in heaven"? Another great show of "intelligence".

1. qwark profile image59

Ahorse:
      Give me a time in history when man has acted intelligently.
      I'm just bringing up interest in the differering "qualities" of the 3 major monotheisms as they relate to heavenly rewards. All 3 are abrahamic cults. All 3 relate to thier "intepretations" so differently...to the point of wanting to kill others who don't believe as they.
      "Course man is inherently a "killer." So he's just doing what comes naturally. It's much too early in his evolution to be able to sublimate about 4 million years of genetic programming to a more social and civilized being.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)