What is important religion or soul?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 68 discussions (293 posts)
  1. profile image49
    renju mathewposted 16 years ago

According to me religion can give nothing to yout soul.Religion will not take you any where except to satisfy some social obligations.

1. topstuff profile image60
      topstuffposted 16 years agoin reply to this

A body is vacant witout a soul and soul is vacant witout a religion and religion loses its taste without practice and to be practical is rather difficult.Here the man today wants freedom.Enjoy feel free however i am dejected to listen this.

2. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

I have found spirituality is sometimes available from people who practice organised religion, and spirituality definitely feeds the soul.

It's available from organised religion in about the same ratio that it's available from organised personal development,  and organised recovery from substance abuse, IME.

Transformation is a spiritual process, and anywhere it happens, there is soul food.

Jenny

3. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 16 years ago

In that we are social beings, needing that kind of interaction to some degree to be healthy, I think religions are important in that there is a community to connect with. I think it is also good to have a chosen path to follow, at least for a while to get a momentum on seeking if you need it. I always like that quote "no man is an island", wherever it came from. I don't believe we can excel in consciousness in a wholistic and healthy balance, without the interaction within communities, secular and spiritual, which to me includes organized religions because most of them have a real momentum on doing in life what I believe life is all about...service to humanity at all levels of need. I just have learned not to expect them to feed my every need and explain my every question, as well as not expecting them to be perfect in their humanity or how they run their organization as a church.
    In that all aspects of our being are connected with our soul (human consciousness) and her progress toward Soul (Eternal/One consciousness), both soul and religion(what I have come to generalize as a belief system whose intent is to learn to understand our connection with something greater than our individual self [which includes religions, spirituality and philosophies]) are important.
    Oh, I love to communicate...but right now I have the day off and need to get more of my new apartment in order.
    Take Care,
    SparklingJewel

4. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 16 years ago

Its kinda like when I ask people; who is more important, God or People?
    I think it a fantastic question, but no one ever answers it.

1. Originplus profile image60
      Originplusposted 16 years agoin reply to this

God is more important. As Christ said - "Of these stone am I able to bring disciples to God"

I think the question would be better rectified if asked, How do you show that you love God?, and the answer is By Loving thy neighbor as thyself...So the importance of people, is loving them to show that you have Love towards God.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Percisly the answer I was waiting for.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image72
      Shirley Andersonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

If you are one with God, they would be of equal importance.  To say one is greater than the other implies separation.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Very nice answer.
        Poet Mohit.K.Misra

5. Originplus profile image60
    Originplusposted 16 years ago

The soul is self, its your temple, associated with the person you are. While today's term of religion is consider a belief of a higher being. With the structure of having laws and ordinances.Take Christianity for example: a person would apply the belief of God and become followers of the Doctrine of Christ into their temple / their self being.

6. Greg from Maine profile image60
    Greg from Maineposted 16 years ago

I am surprised this post does not have more comments than the few that are here....

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It amazes me as well. But I have to consider that soul may be a very vague concept to many people. You have to admit, the word is used in many different ways; some ways are much less spiritual/religious than other ways. There really is a lot to consider in the question.
      I like the idea of the forums...as one to get people thinking and considering all aspects of subjects.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image72
      Shirley Andersonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I will be surprised if someone says that religion is more important than the soul.  Kinda like asking if the body's more important than the heart.  If you're missing one, you don't need the other.

Maybe the answer of soul is so obvious that people aren't challenged by it.

1. godfactauthor profile image60
        godfactauthorposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I will be surprised if someone says that religion is more important than the soul.  Kinda like asking if the body's more important than the heart.  If you're missing one, you don't need the other.

Maybe the answer of soul is so obvious that people aren't challenged by it.

I like this answer. If we were giving prime importance then it would have to be the soul. But in saying that both are needed. Just like the body and soul make up one person, religion and soul make up the complete person. For if religion is really lived to the fullest [John 10:10] then the soul, the person will live a fulfilled life which will lead onto eternal life.

God bless

Brendan Roberts
        www.godfact.com

1. profile image0
        RFoxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm hoping this will stop the shrinking.

• Originplus profile image60
    Originplusposted 16 years ago

All praises to God.

• mohitmisra profile image61
    mohitmisraposted 15 years ago

Religions is following the the Enlightened Masters.
    Its main aim is for the soul to unite with the supersoul.
    They are not different.
    Poet Mohit.K.Misra

• SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

Soul is eternal; religion can help the soul realize that, but it can also distract the soul from its main purpose and goal of recognizing eternity. A soul can become lost through practicing religions that are not correct interpretations of the Word, or the soul can become lnddnerstanding what soul is and is not.

• profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

Neither soul nor religion is important.

I do not believe we have a soul, a separate self, it is an illusion. Just as the solid form of our bodies is an illusion. We are simply a collection of atoms vibrating at a speed that makes us appear solid. Form is an illusion. Water can be a liquid, solid or gas depending on the environment around it. We are no different. There isn't a separate self.

And religion is simply doctrine, ritual and dogma if not supported by wisdom and right action throughout every moment of our lives.

Intention, action, compassion, wisdom and a clear mind are the important things.

Whether they are wrapped in the veil of religion or not is inconsequential. smile

Soul is your energy.

2. mohitmisra profile image61

Soul is your inner energy.In meditation you feel yourself fully alive although you cannot feel you body.There is even racing through the tunnels of your mind-this is your inner energy or soul.You are correct its not a sperate self and neither is god-this is our ego talking,its a way of speach trying to get it across.This is why many masters have gone into silence.

1. profile image0

Energy is boundless and infinite. It does not belong to you or me. And how we speak is important. A soul implies a separate self. We already separate ourselves too much in everything we do. smile

Now I must go to work. Catch you all later!

I agree it is boundless and infinite.Yet the way of defining it becomes the soul -individual and supersoul where there is no individuality.Then there is the human and his boundless self the soul-two different things yet the same.One.smile
          Best of luck for your work.

• Crash Jones profile image61
    Crash Jonesposted 15 years ago

I don't think anyone said it yet ... but I find the concept of the soul artificial. It seems, largely, to be a term for the energy we allegedly possess that lasts beyond death.

I have seen nothing to prove the soul exists. 

BUT, I'm into soul music and was raised on soul food.

I think it evens out.

You cannot see your soul like you cannot see your inner organs.It is beyond any tangible proof.

At this point in time I believe the Soul (that is One with God/Universe; has no sense of separation) is covered by layers of experiences that have hidden the Soul, and given a sense of separation, creating a soul (that feels separated from Oneness) that believes it needs personality, things, emotions, health, intellect, friends, family, etc to be whole.

Now, I believe we need a healthy ego/soul to be able to BE (at all levels of consciousness) the Soul that is One with the Universe, otherwise the soul lives in doubt, disbelief, lack of faith, fear and all those things that keep a soul from finding/uncovering/accepting Soul.

Oh, I equate soul with our psychology, and the developmental stages of body and mind. Everyone has/is at a different point in acceptance of Soul at any particular level of consciousness.

Religion can help with the healing....or keep it from happening. Depends on a lot of factors.

1. Crash Jones profile image61
      Crash Jonesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I understand what you're saying, I think. For me, the idea that there is a PART of us that is "One" with Nature/Universe/God (NUG ... my own personal acronym) is inaccurate.

There is no part of me that is seperated from NUG. All of me is connected to NUG. I am a product of NUG. I am a piece of NUG. When I die, I will be spread throughout NUG.

In this personal perception of the physical, earthly ethereal, there is no soul, only me, a Soul Man ...... and there, ladies and gentlemen, I do believe I have just labeled myself as a soul song ... told you I liked soul music ... didn't know I could define myself as one's title though.

SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I did not imply that there "is" a separation...but that there are varying degrees of the wounded soul's sense of separation from One Soul/God/Universe/Nature.

Scientifically speaking, (as scientific as i can get, which does not satisfy the typical scientific mind) every atom cell or electron that is not vibrating at its fastest "etheric" rate is not as "close" to that One as it could be. Like, if I only eat food that is not good for me, my body will get sluggish, which could lead to illness and even death. This is a scenario where atoms are not vibrating, by my conscious choice to eat such foods, as close to One as they could be.

• gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Our inner organs are NOTHING like the soul.

You can touch, feel, and would be hard-pressed to function normally if you lost your liver.  You cannot say the same for your soul.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So we can live without a soul?  Confussing sentance...  smile

No no,this body is bound to perish or die with time.Your soul is the energy.
        The first law of dynamics:Energy can neither be created nor be destroyed,so what happens to that energy,the thing which animates your body at the time of death.?

You never can lose your soul.That is not possible.

• knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

How about soul suicide. Seems to me it has to be an option.

I like it! I wonder how a soul does itself in? You can't hang, shoot, slice or poison a soul. Souls can't jump off bridges or buildings or drive their cars into bridges, large trees or buildings. Poor souls.

I firmly believe I am without a soul. I don't think mine committed suicide though. I think it's in the Keys ... captaining a deep sea fishing vessel.

1. profile image0

I agree about the "not having a soul part" as I said earlier.

And now to completely contradict myself.....I found your soul Crash Jones:
        http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/captain.gif
        http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/boat.gif

Lol. wink

Damnit ... send my soul sailing back, you ... you ... VIP Hubber. 

btw - I had no idea Cannon had a dark side. Thanks to you I'll think of Darth Vader everytime I see a Cannon.

1. profile image0

Yes, feel the force....come to the dark side Luke err Crash.......

(I already have your soul.....it likes the dark. muahahahaha)

Keep it away from the dim red lights!!!

Like me, it's a negative. Exposure could result in a permanent state of positive. I can think of nothing more unsettling.

2. SparklingJewel profile image67

A soul commits suicide by consciously choosing to disconnect its self from the One, because it has been "duped" by forces not of the light that want to take the soul's light, and so do things to the soul, through other people to make the soul feel unworthy , unreal, etc..to convince the soul it is not real and is is disconnected to One. To get the soul additcted to drugs, and other chemicals by the wounded psychological sense of unworthiness, etc and cause the sense of separation. These are just the worst ways to dupe the soul, there are many degrees of duping the soul into that helpless, senseless state.

Everyone needs to wake up to recognize their soul !

A soul in this state is in a dangerous position and must be helped and prayed for to get it through the darkness. The soul can be lost by these lies that it is unworthy and separate. we must pray for a souls protection and get the soul help. The soul is the person.

Understand? This is real; and not something to joke about.

1. profile image0

I'm sorry we upset you with our moment of joking SparklingJewel, that was not my intention. smile

I developed a dark sense of humor in order to cope with the darkness that human life possesses. I have seen it all: friends committing suicide (talking other friends out of committing suicide), drug addicted lovers, drug addicted friends, homelessness, chronic pain and illness, family and friends with mental illness and I worked in veterinary hospitals for years witnessing all the horrific things that can happen to the most innocent creatures and holding them while they died or were euthanized. I take these things very seriously and am writing a serious novel about these experiences.

However, the biggest lesson I learned and have witnessed is that it's the people who can continue to laugh through it all that survive this world.

Now sometimes that humor becomes dark or twisted but it's a coping mechanism that works. It's about keeping the mind from destroying itself. Humor can do that-it can keep the mind from self destructing. And in my experience it is the mind that causes the pain and the suffering and the addictions and the darkness, not the soul.

Humor and laughing at the darkness is what has allowed me to survive through the worst times when things appear to be hopeless. It has a curative effect.

So again I'm sorry I upset you but I have to laugh to live. I hope you can understand smile

Awesome couldnt have said it better,
          Regards
          Mohit

3. Crash Jones profile image61

The One ... the light  ... the darkness ... the soul ... all of these are concepts to me. I am not a scientist. I do not rely on scientific, tried and tested proof. I simply ask for a common sense approach to proof. A theory with justifiable, understandable examples (or proofs, if you like) of its validity is good enough for me.

To sum it up, again, the soul isn't real for me, and EVERYTHING is something to joke about. Humor is how I stay sane. I won't apologize for it.

Either you can connect and understand what SparklingJewel says or you cannot.What is the common sense in being alive on this planet surronded by infinite space,planets,stars meteorites etc.It makes no sense at all.
            Day to dawn makes no sense,
            What does we call nonsense.
            Meditation and contemplation is what gives you the answers makes you understand these eternal truths.

I am saying you cannot touch a soul.

You cannot feel a soul.

You can function normally under the assumption that you have no soul.

This I agree with.

1. profile image0

ditto

Our bodies are constantly creating energy through chemical reactions, consumption and conversion of the foods we eat and all that.  It's a cyclical process that never ends.  The science of life has been explored for ages now - and has very little to do with the question of whether we have "souls" or not.

Yes but it goes down to cosmic energy.The science of life mainly concerns our souls merging with the supersoul.Till you dont come across it ,it is just a word.This energy we tap from food goes into-comes from the energy of the sun.There are people who live without eating food and tap their energy from the sun or from the land.There are sages who claim to grow their hair ten times faster than a normal human and say they tap into cosmic energy with their hair that is why they do not cut their hair as they feel it will reduce their power.Sai Baba would supposedly come out of his cave once in a few weeks and chew on some leaves saying it gave him enough energy.Martial arts and meditation also give you cosmic energy.

The science of life concerns PHYSICAL matters, not supernatural.  The interaction of genes, chromosomes, various atoms and chemicals reacting in the ways they do to create a given effect.

Meditation and martial arts provide muscle memory.  Our bodies are full of muscles and the related connective tissue.

Your other examples are based on unproven claims.  Have these individuals been documented by credited witnesses?  Video taped? Monitored?

Anyone can claim they do not eat, that they force things to happen (like nail or hair growth) but really the truth is far from what they claim.

Life is both physical and spiritual,
      Meditation and Martial Arts end result is enlightenment.Martial arts is a dynamic meditation like dancing which consists mainly of yogic postures,it incorporates self defence as a intelligent way to live life.One must be able to defend himself and keep the body healthy and thus the mind.The reason you see so many hands on an Indian idol of god.It symbolises the aspects one needs to master to become whole.One hand will show a weapon-showing that this god is well versed in the art of self defense.

As far as not eating food for years many have been documented.Try to understand they are not called sages for nothing.I know peoeple who came accross a woman sage in the himalayas.She is very nice and feeds all who pass by with soup.She wears a thin kurta and says cold is in your mind.the place gets iced up for six months of the year and no one can walk the path at this time.She says she goes into a trance in meditation for months during that time and does not eat.

About growing their hair ,this I have read in different sages autobiographies.You cannot document the hair tapping into cosmic energy.The story of Samson and Delila,Samson had his power his strenght in his hair.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say, so I will say goodbye for now.

Ok sorry good bye

• profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_141.gif

(Ooops...I think I just showed my photo geek side.)

heheh ... I profess to being a book geek, if that helps. smile

Why does something which does not exist and cannot be proven through any historical or scientific study, cannot be located and is only given credibility by force of faith being regarded as if a living being?

As much as I have tried through the years, to comprehend, to understand the need to "prove" the existence of something spiritual like the soul...the only thing I have come up with is...that it completes the circle of the serpent eating its tail. There is no continuation of Life on the planet without a reverence and humbleness for faith in the unknown and the power thereof.

Get this...It is what makes us whole and complete as a Human !!!

The whole concept of the purpose of life being for God/Universe to experience its Self ...is done through us our individual soul.

Perfection.
          Mohit

2. gamergirl profile image85
        gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The soul is not a spiritual concept.  It is a creation of religion to give an anchor for dogma and religious consequences.

Get this - What makes a human being whole and complete is living life.  Period.  Everything else is just flavor text.

Lets begin with  the origins of Religion ,maybe with Shiva considered by Hindus as the ultimate meditator and first enlightened human.Enlightened-in light,the one who has merged his soul with the supersoulthe light-god.
          The first recorded Prophet Zaratushtra-comes back from the hills and talks about the divine light-how two became one-fusion with god or the light.
          Again till you dont come across your soul it is just a word a myth.
          Get this-"The entire Buddhist monks life is but a preperation,
                       For his Death Point or moment of seperation."
          The intelligent mans way to live life.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

The Shamans -existing sice ages.
            Shamanism or the art of ecstacy,
            The ultimate being one with the superentity.

2. profile image0

I really wish you would stop quoting inaccurate Buddhist Philosophy Mohit.

Buddhists do not spend their life in preparation of death and we don't believe in separation!

We spend our life in the pursuit of enlightenment, in pursuit of Nirvana, which is outside of the cycle of samsara altogether.
            We don't believe there is separation at death any more than there is separation in life. You need to read the doctrines or even some articles on Interdependent Origination.
            Try these for starters:

http://www.thebuddhadharma.com/issues/2 … mmer03.htm
            http://www.dharmaweb.org/index.php/The_ … n_Rinpoche
            http://www.angelfire.com/realm/bodhisattva/ch10.html

And I agree with Mark Knowles earlier statements. What is emptiness anyway other than an iillusion? smile

There is separation from the body.Death Point is when one can get enlightened or rather fully enlightened which means Nirvana,when one does not come back unless its a master who has come back on his own will to help humanity what is called Avatars and Maha avtars.You seaze to be the body,you become limitless.
              Poet Mohit.K.Misra

The Buddha attained enllightenment or went into a state of samadhi,yet the Nirvana happened when he died and did not return-the Maha samadhi.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

2. profile image0

Actually you can achieve enlightenment and Nirvana during your life....that is what the Buddha did after all. smile
                You can be limitless in a human form.
                Death is not necessary for enlightenment. You are confusing Buddhist philosophy with other religious ideas mohit.

The Buddha attained enllightenment or went into a state of samadhi,yet the Nirvana happened when he died and did not return-the Maha samadhi. Death is the door to god,what many faiths including Christianity say to be reborn.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

You mistake enlightenment with fully enlightened what is called samadhi and mahasamadhi.

Well, I do believe soul is a spiritual concept...can you prove otherwise? smile To each his/her own.

Yes, I enjoy the flavors of living life! big_smile    Soul has been talked about by many people outside of religions for centuries, for positive reasons like, the beauties of nature and creation and dealing with others.

Exactly soul is talked about by many who do not have a religion.I dont have a religion as such being half Hindu and half Parsi I apprediate the truth and knowledge in all religions,no ego or attatchment to any.

3. Crash Jones profile image61

My opinion aside, I admire you, RFox and others of faith, whatever your chosen path may be. It doesn't matter to me how you arrive at your conclusions, why you believe as you do, or what led you to seek out a spiritual existence. Simply put, I am glad you've found a certain amount of peace.

I freely admit that my life would be much easier in many respects if I was attuned to a belief system that provided guidance and insight through texts and/or a priest/rabbi/guru/shaman/pastor/etc. Any kind of instruction (or even suggestion) manual for life would be super.

When it comes to belief in a superior power I do not feel I am missing out on anything, given that I lead a full, joyful life. The great questions do not plague me. Perhaps because I am at ease with my life and eventual death. Perhaps because I'm as deep as a mudpuddle. It could go either way. wink

So, if my unacknowledged soul is making me complete and whole, that's awesome. If it's simply my state of mind, that's awesome too.

Mo, at one point during a condemnation of someone (probably Mark ... though I have to add that his calling RFox a Buddhist witch was one of the more amusing things I've read on hubpages ... I had no idea there were Buddhist witches ... do they fly on brooms or rice stalks or Hoover vaccuums?), said, basically, that people with no religion shouldn't be posting on Religion threads.

While he clearly doesn't understand that a lack of faith is in itself a statement of faith, I acknowledge that it can probably seem frustrating for believers to bear the non-believers. I can only speak for myself. I have always viewed religion as a coping mechanism (as Mark has already said [I think ... if not, sorry Mark]), and the world's religions are insights into how different groups view the world and themselves. Religion courses were some of my favorite studies at university. I learned more about the Eastern world through two religion courses than I did in four Eastern history courses (granted one was on 18th century military conflicts).

If I don't understand a post, find fault in thinking (which is rare, unless you tally this up by number of posts, in which case, Mo sinks my point here), or wish to express my belief, I comment.

I post in order to learn and speak my mind. No offense is meant, but if it is taken, so be it.

You are seeker and I respect your for your honesty.You are trying to learn and thats all that really matters.
          Best of luck
          Mohit

I am a part of two great religions not one.

2. profile image0

"The great questions do not plague me. Perhaps because I am at ease with my life and
          eventual death" sounds like an enlightened state of mind to me.
          In fact the entire post is the speech and action of someone on what I consider "the enlightened path". And being on the path is not meant to be easy, that's for sure. Even with my Buddhist guidebook, it is just that, a guidebook. I must question everything including the Buddha's teachings. Sometimes after a moment of contemplation I realize my entire viewpoint was wrong and in those moments I am truly humbled. C'est la vie. big_smile

Enlightenment is not about religion or philosophy or belief, it is about action and intention. smile

Rfox  I am sorry I just went to your page and looked at your picture,at a glance it looked like a witches picture with broom.On seeing it properly I realised it was woman with matka on her head and an umbrella,Do forgive me for that.
            Mohit

Just realised my book is in Top 100 recommneded ebooks on ebook mall
              now at 4.Ponder Awhile

2. Crash Jones profile image61

I'm on the path to enlightenment - I like it. Very nice of you to say so.

I completely understand that even the texts can't give you word for word instruction, but they help a great deal when you believe in them. I am slowly reading the Tao Te Ching, and while it is a great source of insight, I can not take it at face value. Not only do I find myself reading commentaries on the texts, but I also have to question the validity of the message. What I meant to imply is that having faith in a text makes any path that much more navigable.

I find myself perpetually wrong. It's my greatest strength. I freely admit my ignorance ... correct it when neccessary ... celebrate it when appropriate. Let us all be wrong together!

The concept of enlightenment is amazingly fluid. It is one of the rare words that when given a definition, simply creates a foundation. The edifice "enlightenment" itself is built on the interpretation of the foundation.

That said, I like your take on it being about action and intention. I intend to be nothing more than myself. I act as something more than myself and less than myself. In actions,I contradict my contradictions.

My acts need work. They must be the weeds in my path. I need an action weedwacker.

I really like your honesty,its when you realise something is wrong that you can correct it.The Sikhs have their holy book called The Guru Granth Sahib which is a collection of poems from various poets who praised the divine light.They say it is good to read other holy books in order to validate the truth.We have clashed in the start but if I can help in any way I will be happy to.
              Regards
              Mohit

Mohit, I thank you for the offer. And I appreciate your closing, "Regards, Mohit."

My pleasure.Do understand I take my work very seriously and when I answer someones question I must put Poet before my name beacuse this is what I am and it is how a poet thinks.With your sincerity I saw a different image of you and the equation has changed so with you Mohit is fine.

2. profile image0

An action weedwhacker. Lol. That's awesome! tongue
              And freely admitting when you're wrong is a sign of wisdom and should be celebrated. smile

I see what you're saying about having 'faith in texts'. It does make the journey more navigable. Sometimes it takes a long time to find a text that resonates with you and it needn't be a religious text that clarifies your journey either. It could be novel or a poem or a song or an episode of Star Trek (Mark will agree with me on this one. All hail Roddenberry!)

The 'text' that ends up speaking to you could be anything. That's why reading everything is a great place to begin. I've studied so many theologies and religions and scientific data. I find it all completely fascinating. Only the Buddha's words though resonated with me. That's my personal experience, as soon as I read them I was like...finally. It was a wonderful feeling of relief and then the real work began. Lol. wink

On texts ... the closest I've come to feeling "spoken to" was while reading E.L. Doctorow's "City of God," a novel set around the mysterious movement of a cross from a fading Episcopalian church to the roof of a Synagogue of Evolutionary Judaism. The greatness of the novel lies in its protagonist's spasmodic musings on the divine in the world.

I have read truths in many religious texts, but nothing has truly touched me.

To be perfectly frank, I do not know that I desire to be touched. Perhaps I learn in order to doubt in order to rid myself of mysterious belief.

I do not believe this to be the case, but maybe.

Ignorance is my mantle - knowledge my underwear.

1. profile image0

I believe we should rid ourselves of mysterious belief as belief shouldn't be mysterious.

(Trying saying that one 3 times fast! tongue)

I haven't read "City of God" so it's on my list now. Thanks!

Your question stems from logic in an iloggical world.Ex.What sense does it make that this huge ball of fire thousand of miles away (the sun) is seen in the east then dissapears in the west.What the hell is it in the first place and why is it there?What am I doing on this planet?Why is this planet rotating with such ridiculous speed?Why does it revolve around the sun?What is Jupiter?Why do we need water or food,Why do we die?What happens to me when i die?Why do i sleep ?Why do I wake up?Where did this person go when he died?Why do we breath?What are dreams,where do they come from?

There are two ways you can look at life-
      1-I am very alive and intelligent and this universe is pretty dead and stupid and just hapens to be there.
      b- I am alive and intelligent but nothing compared to the aliveness,the intelligence of this universe.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

and like SparklingJewel says-Get this...It is what makes us whole and complete as a Human !!!

2. gamergirl profile image85

The world is hardly illogical.  People's views of the world defy logic.

The rotation of planets and the sun's appearance in the sky and the like are all products of science as interpreted by man. 

We need food, water, sleep, oxygen, and other things (warmth for instance) to survive for the expansion of our species. 

We cannot answer the question of what lies beyond death with any surety unless we die.  Then we'd have all the answers.

Dreams are a product of a recollection of memories, influenced by a myriad of chemical and psychological circumstances.

None of these things depend upon or stem from a soul.

Seriously, how empty would we be, feel?  What would be the worth of living if there were no quest for answers, for feelings, for thoughts, for each other, for love, for existence, for....anything!!??? big_smile big_smile big_smile

I don't know about you, but that is what gets me through my day! IF all I had to do was seek  the material existence (which I have tried)...man, that was an emptiness I never want to go back to.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I do not feel empty. I do not need this belief to "get me through my day."

All the things you speak of are available without needing to believe that there is something after death. And are certainly available without religion. Yours or anyone else's.

I accept that this is my one and only life as we understand life. And I enjoy it accordingly. Everything else; this quest to answer the unanswerable, means nothing. I listen to your and other's interpretations and the idea that there are "souls" trapped in a kind of limbo that can be released by living people praying for them and it just makes no sense to me.

I understand it gets you through the day, in which case it serves a purpose, but that is all religion has ever done. Persuade people to accept their lot and believe that it will be better after death.

I feel a very strong connection to the other life around me. And even feel a strong connection to those that have died whom I had a strong connection with when they were alive. But - I do not need to believe this sort of thing to feel complete.

I am happy and contented with this connection. It makes me feel a part of something bigger than myself. But - a very small part....

Your time has yet to come,everyones time comes.Like I said before you have missed out on life till now.
        Poet Mohit.K.Misra

Good Morning Mark! smile

I am happy you are happy! I am happy you have found your way, and a place you feel "right".

I am happy that we have an individual perspective to share with others...we all need them, to help us find our way and feel a part of life, connect with others.

How is your new job going?

Good evening smile

Me too. I do feel "right," if that is the "right" word for it. I have a little fun with the religious spammers and others who think that their way is the way for others, but yes, I feel right.

The job is going very well. This is the first time I have worked for some one else since I was 19. A few adjustments needed, but apart from that - great smile

And if you, or anyone else is interested, the company I work for is organizing a "soiree" at a house for sale. The proceeds go to TAPS, the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors. I don;t want to get into the political issues as to why an organization like this is even needed, but, this is the link:

Raise money for TAPS

Did you see I added a link to some of your hubs on one of my blog posts:

http://markpknowles.com/paybacks-a-bitc … se-may-be/

lolo -So if anyone comes to my site looking for spiritual enlightenment, I have sent them your way.

The guy writing the 3rd worst poetry in the universe doesn't warrant a response or a link smile

Wow, thanks Mark! I checked out your site, looks very nice !
            That's a pay it forward kind of payback1 smile
            I am curious, why did you choose those two?  (Be kind, but honest big_smile)

Thanks - I am slowly getting to grips with the technical side of making a site work the way I want it to lol

Pay forward, payback - same thing smile And I can get just as much out of a disagreement/argument/discussion with some one than I can from agreeing with them.

Kind and honest are not always the same thing. smile

I guess, although I disagree with some of your philosophy, I think the way to develop yourself is to read a lot of different opinions, process all those ideas and make your own decision based in part on that information being processed and your approach is different to most of the mainstream ones. Therefore worth reading. And just because it doesn't resonate with me, doesn't mean it won't resonate with some one else.

I also suspect that you will benefit from inlinks to your hubs and we are a community. Part of being a part of a community means helping out the others in that community even when you disagree with them. (A few exceptions aside lol)

2. Crash Jones profile image61

I sincerely do not understand what searching for answers, having feelings and thoughts and loving others has to do with a soul ... I do all these, and I do them with my head. Sometimes people use the expression, "I feel it in my heart." Never do we actually feel emotions in our hearts. There may be a tightening of the muscles in the torso, but never does it cause a person's heart to hurt.

For me, the way we speak of the heart is equivalent to the soul. It's literally all in our heads.

There you go. smile

I "feel" the same way. And people like the "3rd worst poet in the universe" are a very compelling argument against any sort of soul or afterlife. Or even any point to the whole thing. LOL

Right on. I'd hate to lay down faith based on Mo's spambling around in religion, just like I'd hate to have my non-belief judged in comparison to that of zealots like Richard Dawkins, who, while entertaining, is every bit as scary as Pat Robertson (if you take his viewers away ... wait ... can we do that? ... pretty please wink ).

LOL

Well, I keep away from both of those, but if the 3rd worst poet in the universe is enlightened, give me a dark, smelly lack-of-enlightenment any day. smile

I liked what you said about viewing a culture by it's religious beliefs though. You sort of paraphrased me but it was close to what I said I think. The interesting thing about most western beliefs (and I include poet #3 in that) is that it implies a level of control over things that many eastern religions do not go in for.

This is a far more enlightened approach in my opinion (I am anything but humble so I won't do the IMHO) lol - I am quite content in the knowledge that this is it, and make the most of it.

Apart from spending too much time here of course smile

I do find it entertaining the way he keeps quoting himself though. Is that another sign of enlightenment?

As I've said before, Mo is endarkened ... but he's happy where he is, so more power to him. It's a shame he doesn't allow others to voice opinions ... which leads to your point connecting him to Western religions. You're dead on. He may preach tolerance, but he practices it rarely.

The answer to your question: damn straight. Now quit questioning the Indian Carl Sandburg. He has much wisdom to dispense (I bet he comes with a coin slot ... wonder what's the Indian equivalent to a quarter ...)

When anybody has spoken truth I have appreciated and acknolwdged it.I cannot acknowledge some who doesnt ,just to be in his good books or if he is the moderator of the forum and get scared of speaking the truth of fear of being banned..

This is a way of speach, its not that your heart talks when someone says he speaks with his heart and not head.Its a way of saying he speaks with more love is less calculating than one who speaks with the head and is looking for an ulterior motive of profit through his actions..Your basic fabric is a very fine love,light intelligent tissue which permeates all.

Intelligence has nothing to do with what brand of religion you favor.

Whoever taught you "religion" needs to help you unravel the twisted ball of "facts" you quote, Mo, because you've got way too much information confused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroaster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism

While I don't consider Wikipedia to be all that and a bag of chips, you can get a pretty good start at unravelling your confusions there.

Why have you shown these links,What I have said, this is common knowledge surprised you did not know.I am half Hindu and half Parsee at least for me and peopel like me its common.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

I'm not even going to respond to Mo anymore, since I'm trying to be constructive here.

Spirituality and Religion are two separate entities, SJ.  A person can be spiritual and not religious.  I wish more people would separate the two concepts.

Please elaborate on your secondary point, I do not want to misunderstand what you're saying. smile

I don't pretend to be a big scholar, but have read widely over the years. If my memory serves me, the soul i.e. psyche, was pondered, written about and deeply contemplated by the ancient philosophers such as Plato and Aristotle, the more modern Freud and Jung and of course Thoreau talked about how his soul soared in connection with the beauty and wonders of nature.

Even now, the last time I had an appointment with a psychologist, she said the soul is "used" and accepted as a concept of therapy.

I have come to term soul as synonymous with my psychology, my feelings. The spiritual path that I am following enlightens my soul, illumines my awareness of self as soul (spirit)

I agree that it can be best to separate spirituality from religion. But it doesn't always  happen. For me, I have learned, pretty well, I think, to not let dogma of religions get in the way of spirituality. In fact, structures of particular religions have helped me tremendously on my path, and to look beyond the diversity and confusion and find Truth in all religions.

I really believe we all know the Truth, its just  our humanity and the ego thereof, that can cause problems. big_smile

It must be tough to be half polytheistic and half monotheistic.  I think perhaps that is where your confusion comes in, Mo.

No confusion here, infact best of both the worlds, an openess to knowledge without letting the ego interfere,my religion is better than yours.Also coming from a family of priests and pandits I am able to grasp things fast what a normal human like you cannot.Like I said when you havent come across your soul or supersoul it becomes just a myth.Its normal human nature to ridicule what you dont understand and supposedly move on in life.It takes courage,patience , intelligence and contemplation to stop and think-why is this person saying such a thing-why?
      Why do all the Prophets the masters, sages talk about this soul and supersoul?

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. gamergirl profile image85

My goodness Mohit, you are so very humble!

*insert sarcasm here*

• Eng.M profile image64
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

What is important religion or soul?

I think they are both of the same importtance.

they don't contradict.

they MUST come together.

You're fighting a losing battle, Rfox.  Nobody but Mohit is correct.  *rolls eyes*

1. profile image0

I know. At least other people can read the articles if they're interested and know that what mohit is saying is inaccurate. wink

That's true!  What can we say except that we tried.

1. profile image0

Yes, exactly, but after this post I have said all I wish to say on the subject. big_smile

Honestly I believe mohit is happy with his beliefs and passionate about them, which is great. Just don't call those beliefs the Dharma, because they are clearly not.

They are definitely based in the Yogic Vedas and Hinduism, which is a perfectly valid path to enlightenment, it's just not the Buddhist path to enlightenment.

I believe mohit should continue to preach what he knows and has a proper understanding of, rather than trying to preach a philosophy that he doesn't have a proper grasp of. He would be more effective that way and his message on spirituality clearer. smile

IMHO

You may be a Buddhist in a Witches outfit,yet an enlightened one is like an extension of the Buddha and understands him better than anyone else.In fact there is no difference between them.

When SparklingJewel or Sandra or anyone of you have spoken the truth,including Gamegirl I agreed upon it.

To anyone who reads this later:  I apologize and hope you don't believe Mohit to be the provider of truth.  Read for yourself, explore for yourself, but do not let one man who cannot recognize when he is wrong sway you into the wrong information.

Peace, I'm out.

hahaahahhah you are a poor loser.

I was interviewed by a Pune newspaper and they wrote I have attained Nirvana and I told them no, enlightenment leads to Nirvana,it is  a glimpse of nirvana,automatically the next step.As long as I am alive it is not Nirvana.
        Poet Mohit.K.Misra

• profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

A discourse from "The Dhammapada" (the Buddha's words and teachings) as translated by Thomas Byrom:

Dhammapada

5. The Fool

How long the night to the watchman,
    How long the road to the weary traveller,
    How long the wandering of many lives
    To the fool who misses the way.
    If the traveller cannot find
    Master or friend to go with him,
    Let him travel alone
    Rather than with a fool for company.
    "My children, my wealth!"
    So the fool troubles himself.
    But how has he children or wealth?
    He is not even his own master.
    The fool who knows he is a fool
    Is that much wiser.
    The fool who thinks he is wise
    Is a fool indeed.
    Does the spoon taste the soup?
    A fool may live all his life
    In the company of a master
    And still miss the way.
    The tongue tastes the soup.
    If you are awake in the presence of a master
    One moment will show you the way.
    The fool is his own enemy.
    The mischief is his undoing.
    How bitterly he suffers!
    Why do what you will regret?
    Why bring tears upon yourself?
    Do only what you do not regret,
    And fill yourself with joy.
    For a while the fool's mischief
    Tastes sweet, sweet as honey.
    Bit in the end it turns bitter.
    And how bitterly he suffers!
    For months the fool may fast,
    Eating from the tip of a grass blade.
    Still he is not worth a penny
    Beside the master whose food is the way.
    Fresh milk takes time to sour.
    So a fool's mischief
    Takes time to catch up with him.
    Like the embers of a fire
    It smoulders within him.
    Whatever a fool learns,
    It only makes him duller.
    Knowledge cleaves his head.
    For then he wants recognition.
    A place before other people,
    A place over other people.
    "Let them know my work,
    Let everyone look to me for direction."
    Such are his desires,
    Such is his swelling pride.
    One way leads to wealth and fame,
    The other to the end of the way.
    Look not for recognition
    But follow the awakened
    And set yourself free.

You are talking about a fool incase you forget I am one of the highest ranked poets and philosophers.The highest Indian.
      Look not for recognition
      But follow the awakened
      And set yourself free.
      This is for you,I already have recognition.

Actually I conceive of soul as an individual entity. Eternal life must get awfully old after awhile. My use fo the  term Soul suicide means  to end individuality, and join the one -not separate from it.

Yes the soul is an individual entity,and the supersoul is all of our souls together,god,One.
      Time doesnt exist with god,in a timeless state there is no question of getting old.

XXX

• profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

I think the soul is what you think you are,  if you don't know your alive yet then you haven't a soul.  smile

The soul is what it thinks it is. I like that. Except the
    'reverse implications'.

1. profile image0

lol,  guess I didn't know any other way to put it, of course they still have a soul, but how can you use up the magic in your soul if you don't know you have one.  smile

that's one of the things that causes so many problems in the world...people use the power of the soul without knowing/believeing they have one, let alone understanding, comprehending, or honoring the awesomeness and sacredness of the soul big_smile

1. profile image0

I agree, missuse of or lack of use of the soul is a problem.  smile

but how can you use up the magic in your soul if you don't know you have one. 
        Magical and lovely as usual.
        Mohit;)

Samadhi (Sanskrit: समाधि) is a Hindu and Buddhist technical term that usually denotes higher levels of concentrated meditation, or dhyana, in Yogic schools, and is considered a precursor for enlightenment, or Nirvana, in Buddhism. It is the eighth and final limb of the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, and comprises the pinnacle of achievements in Samyama, the three-tiered practice of meditation including also dharana and dhyana. It has been described as a non-dualistic state of consciousness in which the consciousness of the experiencing subject becomes one with the experienced object, and in which the mind becomes still (one-pointed or concentrated) though the person remains conscious.

Samadhi is enlightenment there is no difference,different words symbolising the same like Buddha and Shiva.You mentioned my brother Patanjalis book,letting you know.
      Recommended top 100 religon and spirituality-ebookmall
      44.Ponder Awhile by Mohit.K.Misra
      99.The Yoga Sutras By: Pantajali

Buddha is Indian comes from the land of Indus,Industan,Hindustan,hindu,a Hindu.It is the same philosophy.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

• profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

Differences between Hinduism and Buddhism (especially regarding the soul debate):

http://www.essortment.com/all/hinduismandbud_rtqs.htm
    http://kukumelu.wordpress.com/2008/01/1 … -hinduism/

smile

amazing! I totally missed that any form of Buddhism didn't believe in the concept of the soul. But I think the second link (kukumelu) gave an understanding at the end of the segment that I can understand and accept as I understand things at this point in time.

Swami Vivekananda sums up the the notion of God and the notion of the Soul in the last paragraph
      "...Buddhists deny that there is any soul in man and that there is no God...Hindus believe there is the permanent Atman of the self and the permanent Brahman in nature..." clearly different definitions.
      But Swami also said "The Lord Buddha is my ishta-My God. He preached no theory about Godhead-He was Himself God. I fully believe it."
      The author said "...while the two share many of the same ideas and visions, however, they are different and represent different ideals. One is an ideal of perfect self, one of perfect self-lessness. These are opposing ends, even if their approaches are similar."

This takes me to my understanding of 'each individual being a drop in the ocean of God'.

Without one the other could not exist in matter form. and since God, to me, is Father/Mother, Father being the Source/Energy, Mother being the manifestation of matter that come from that Energy...you can't have one without the other in this plane of existence...the Soul represents the Son/Daughter, the middle, the creation of both; with purpose for being, to allow God to experience more of Him/Her Self.

The soul is our feelings, our emotions our mind and heart as an individual that is "a drop" of God. Because that is what we experience here in this plane of matter, yes suffering ensues because people get lost and confused about who they are. You can't have one state of consciousness with out the other...they work together gradually toward  the ultimate acceptance of understanding the One..how we are "that drop".

The saints of Christianity, if you study their lives, are saying the same thing about becoming one with the Mind of Jesus the Christ. Buddhists are saying the same thing about being selfless, Hindus are saying the same thing about the Atman, a portion of self that is not separate.

I would further state to define that there is in a way two aspects of soul.
      There is Soul, which is the True Pure Whole aspect of the individual, Atman
      AND  there is the soul which is the human portion that has varying degrees of confusion/belief in being connected to God Source.

The goal is to ultimately get these two together, heal soul confusion, etc  so that it recognizes self and Soul Self...a Drop in the Ocean...this relates only to these matter form planes of existence where the soul has not realized the fullness of Soul as self.

Even though I can relate the concept, I don't have it (the awareness) fully all of the time...or a guess I wouldn't have a need to be here.

You are an angel.
        Hugs,kisses and blessings from the universe.
        Yours
        Mohit

1. profile image0

Isn't she!  I told her that too.  smile

A lovely change from some poeple who are not enlightened but insist on telling me what is enlightenment and that i am arrogant and should be more humble-amazing.

Love you two, oodles and boodles ! big_smile

Duality is, only because we allow it, innocently and ignorantly. For whatever reason, I don't have a problem seeing the One of non-duality in others...most of the time! But I have my moments when it is all too clear. A work in progress.

Hello my angels,am happy rankings improved in poetry and I wanted to share this with you as you will understand what others laugh at and ridicule.
                Best book buys from a collection of 57,825 books.

24.   Ponder Awhile
                by Mohit K. Misra

love
                Mohit

• profile image0

Sometimes I day dream and pray that one day, just for one night, the whole world will turn off the lights and everything running on energy, no cars, no tv's etc. and everyone will come outside that one night and just listen to what the world really sounds like. 

That's one of my wishes, dreams and prayers.  Could you imagine?  6.6 billion people together all listening to the sounds of the Earth, maybe even the universe.  The streets, balconies, yards, patios, lakes, coast, whatever, all up and out in silence. 

You could hear the whales, and the ocean's movement, the wind blowing,  you could hear God again.  smile

hahhaha come to India you will experience it here,power goes of very often,on thurdays for a few hours of the day

• profile image0

congradulations Mohit, that is pretty impressive!  smile

Gracias angel smile

I want yours,SparklingJewel,sweetipie and all believers blessings.smile

You want my "what"?

SparklingJewel wrote:

mohitmisra wrote:

mohitmisra wrote:

• Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

He wants your blessings big_smile

For his book to go higher on the list and sell better - if I understood him correctly yikes lol

why does that bother me? Is it  lack of humility, inordinate pride, pompous expectation (of the rich)? I wonder what culture he grew up in? Is he a product of female creation, a spoiled brat...or a product in spite of female attempts to create a healthy, humble male ego? Or am I totally misconstruing it all? After all I do have "male" issues smile ?

Or am I totally misconstruing it all?

Obviously.

Having read many of your previous entires in the forums, there is no doubt that you have a "mighty puffed up" attitude about yourself and your accomplishments, which I did not find impressive. Your attitude about your accomplishments was not impressive, accomplishments in and of themselves are always impressive. because they are truly of God's nature.

The spiritual path I follow, that I believe is healthy and conducive to getting along with others, means to acquire a genuine humility, noble character and  mature dignity, to be truly enlightened and wise.

I have "seen"  you NOT exhibit these character virtues, more than once.

WE all have psychology to work on concerning  our lack of  human character virtues.

I don't find it virtuous to "want" another's blessing. When a soul earns by virtuous actions of character, blessings come naturally and honestly and are not prompted or "wanted". Innocence prompts blessings, too, not arrogance.

I love you Mohit

I am a nice person and do not like abuse,its normal.
              I love you to,I should have said seek rather than want.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

It will soon be #124,688,987,655,984,377 of 1,677,888,999,876,888,985,377 in the ebook bestsellers list of substandard subcontinent poor religious poetry. Ranked by friends with a vested interest. That is pretty good I think smile Enlightened even big_smile

SJ - We all have "male" issues. This is something else lol

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm just wondering how many votes or sales it takes to get to the place his book is currently on? Three? Four? Or may be even seven? wink

Keep wondering.

I'm surprised you are even wondering. I am going with zero and one of Daddy's friends with an ebook publishing company big_smile

You are jealous ,its so simple to me.

*sigh*

Mohit, honestly you need to quit.  Just stop.  People have tried being nice to you, have tried explaining to you everything about why we think about you what we do, have quoted truth at you and you spit on it. 

You will never learn, not that you care to, and when people attempt to correct your erroneous thinking you call us jealous and unenlightened.

By the way, quoting your book's popularity on a site which does next to no traffic is not an achievement to spam about - it's just spam.

I do not want to fight with you or anyone,a healthy debate where we can both share knowledge is what I would appreciate.I find this most in Sandra we share and both grow.
      And I put my rankings to tell you look I have been acknowledged I am not just talking rubbish for the sake of it.
      People here have been very abusive and not nice.

gamergirl, I think you are wasting your breath.

If ever there was someone who is not interested in listening to good advice when it is given, it is the third worst poet in the universe.

I have given up speaking to him, although, if he continues to clutter up the forums by quoting himself and dropping links to his third-rate poetry, I will start complaining about him and do my best to get him deleted smile

He doesn't get the fact that no one here is impressed by his rankings lol big_smile

And clearly doesn't get the fact that this is not the way an "enlightened" person behaves.

You are an atheist I am a believer we will allways clash.You have already tried to get me banned.I can never agree with you as I have seen god ,been one with the light in bliss.
        Go back to the story of Alexander and the sage-the sage refuses to bow to Alexanders arrogance.

• Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

Hmm -

Mark never claimed to be Alexander..
    The sage in the story was so rated by others, not by himself.

You are incorrigible, Mohit, because you believe yourself perfect and in no need of improvement.

But the fact remains, your poetry is weak.

I dare you to write a half-decent limerick. I bet you can't even do that.

Good night -

Paraglider

I challenge you to write a book and get ranked in the top 100 forget as high as I am  ranked

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry - no book. You'll have to make do with a sonnet instead. Don't say I'm not good to you!

My friend, will nothing make you understand -
        I write for pleasure, not for fame, or gain.
        Far less for some vainglorious mission planned
        round self-aggrandisement. It seems the main
        thrust of your life is promulgating spam?
        No latter-day Descartes, your shallow way
        appears to be "I rant, therefore I am!"
        OK. You are. But what? That's hard to say.

A poet? No. Your book gives that the lie.
        A guru? But of what - bombast and cant?
        Be well advised: it's not too late to try
        to practise some humility, to plant
        the seeds of a maturity that still
        evades your grasp. I fear it always will.

lol I will take your challenge as it seems the ego-less one is too busy proclaiming his fantasticness to respond.

And I can't resist smile

There once was a third-rate poet,
      who was given good advice but didn't know it.
      He annoyed everyone at hubpages,
      claiming to be one of the sages,
      the third rate poet, of course, was mohit. smile

Not sure that follows all the rules as I remember them?

Your advice is worthless,take my advice and stop mocking the Great Prophet Jesus Christ and God.The universe will ruin your happiness.What you cannot dream of doing in your wildest imagination Jesus could He is not called a Prophet for no reason..You do not understand -say you do not.

Poet Mohit.k.Misra

Mohit:

I challenge you to post meaningful, humble messages for a month without once mentioning your "rankings" on ebook selling sites.

I was giving answers to questions some of you couldnt understand and your ego couldnt handle it,its not my fault.

What questions did you answer?

I don't see answers in this thread from anyone but Sandra and SparklingJewel.

I don't have the ego issues, please do not project your psychoses on me.

You have a big ego issue.

LOL!!!!!!!!

On first glance and having learned the rules for limericks ages and ages ago, it appears to follow them!  Pretty much the only rules are to keep an even syllable rhythm on lines 1,2 and five, and that the rhyming goes:  AABBA.

Your turn big_smile

• Dave Saunders profile image60
    Dave Saundersposted 15 years ago

Religion is a construct. Your soul is a creation. We were created to be connected to God and even Christ was against religion because it created a barrier between "the Father" and his creation.

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. Matthew 22:37

Yes  a lot of masters have been against religion as man misuses it for his own requirements and ugly wars have been created because of this.Yet religion is the teachings of the enlightened ones ,the masters and is good.It is man who is to blame and not religion.There is basically no difference between any religion as all boil down to meditation and finding god.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

The master Lahiri Mahasya or Yukteshwara Giri cannot remember which,the lineage of Paramhansa Yogananda refused to be photographed and infact one coud not capture him on camera when he was meditating.His disciple kept trying but the picture would be blank.He said how can you capture spirit.The disciple begged him for just one photograph to which he relented.On asked why by the disciple-he said man is a foolish animal he will bow to me rather than the spirit in me which is also in him.
        Poet Mohit.K.Misra

On Hubpages we like all kinds of folks,
    From Americans to Aussie blokes,
    but we find ourselves retching,
    at all Mohit's kvetching,
    reading his "poems," Mark chokes.

There once was a "poet" named Mohit,
    Whose attitude was like basking in dry heat;
    His mood swings were vile,
    He lived in denial,
    If I had a copy of his "book" I would burn it.

I couldn't pick which one I liked best..  your turn again Mark!

• Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

I suppose I should join in my own competition smile

A poet, when truly enlightened
    should rise to a challenge with heightened
    desire to impress
    lesser mortals. I guess
    that our hero has run away, frightened.

Still waiting Mohit . . .

If in doubt, you can find help here

• Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Once a poet achieved his perfection,
    By mastering pomp and projection;
    Upon seeing The Light,
    And believing the sight
    Was his passport, permit, and protection.

Jenny

P.S. I love you too, Mohit.

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good one, Jenny!

• Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

I know when I'm beat. By all of you. That must make me the fourth worst poet in the universe smile

• Closed to reply
    jump to first post

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)