SEO for HubPages?!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. TheMoneyDesigner profile image57
    TheMoneyDesignerposted 13 years ago

Hey guyz,

I'm brand new to this website and blogging itself, heres a link to my profile:

I was wondering how i get followers, reads etc and if there is some kind of SEO to it?

Thanx,
    Charlie

1. kimbles profile image40
      kimblesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your hub is of very poor quality, it has little to keep the visitor on the page. Concentrate on quality content and the rest will take care of itself. I see so many magic formulas and the bottom line is simple. Write quality and they shall find you.

1. TheMoneyDesigner profile image57
        TheMoneyDesignerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't see how my post is very poor qaulity?

My post is targeted at web and graphic designers to inspire them to be creative and make colourful designs...

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It has a bunch of pictures with no immediate explanation of why they are there.  Then if you do scroll all the way to the bottom it has a very short statement that doesn't expalin why you think those web-designs are good, who did them, or how to do something like that yourself.  IMHO, not a lot of objective merit to that hub.  if the deisgns are not your own, you are probably also in trouble re: copyright.

2. lrohner profile image68
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The thing you need to understand here is that it's not about what you think, it's what HubPages thinks. They own the site and they make the rules. We abide by the rules and we make money. It's really very simple.

Read this: http://hubpages.com/faq/#substandard

Pay particular attention to the part where they talk about "very little content."

HubPages is an article writing site. A decent article -- whether for online or print -- needs to have a least a couple of hundred words of content. I don't know what HubPages deems an appropriate length, but I would say 400 to 500 BARE MINIMUM.

1. profile image0
            Donna Ferrierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I have what I consider "long" and "short" hubs, but my alleged "short" ones are usually between 500 and 1000 words (some a bit over 1000). Longer ones, 1500 words on up usually. It's not that I "word count" consciously, but I do peek at the word count after the hub is written, just for my own curiosity...LOL smile

2. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You ask if their is any SEO to it. Yes there is. A properly formatted Hub will target your main keyword and secondary keywords for on page factors which will give it a better chance for getting ranked highly.

This is the #1 mistake I see those who complain they can't make any money with their Hubs making.

Take advantage of the many available Hubs on these following topics.

1. keyword research
      2. on page SEO
      3. Hub promotion

Like anything there s a right way and a wrong way. No matter what you write if you expect to make money it will have to be written in a search engine friendly manner or you will never get it ranked well and will never make much money.

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

There is a bit behind blogging in general and HubPages in particular -- although HubPages is not "blogging." As helpful as the hubbers here are, they don't have time to walk every newbie (and there are many) through all of the basics and prefer targeted questions.

I would say to you go to the Learning Center and FAQs and read EVERYTHING. Then look for forum threads and hubs on on-page SEO or on-page optimization, keywords, tags and RSS feeds.

Then try applying what you've learned and come back and post in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum with a link to one of your hubs, and people will be more than helpful. Also feel free to come back with some pointed questions at any time.

BTW, I'm afraid your hub will get taken down eventually as substandard. You have five graphics and one paragraph of text -- not nearly enough text. smile

And welcome to HP!

3. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago
  4. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I will take a short while to get the hang of HP but it will soon become like riding a bike.

Like the others said, make an effort to write at least 500 words and maybe get your photos from Flickr creative commons, remember to accredit the photographers with a link though.

5. brandonakelly profile image60
    brandonakellyposted 13 years ago

There is quite a bit of SEO that can be done for your hubs! First you need to keyword research, try using Google's Adwords tool and find highly searched phrases. After you find a few, build hubs around them with quality information, which you thoroughly researched and understand. Be sure to use your keyword in your URL, Title, Tags and throughout your content. Once published, begin back linking to each of your hubs, eventually you'll see an increase in traffic and earnings. I've been a member for just over two weeks and have already earned about $6, which isn't much, but it's a start. Good Luck!

6. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Hubpages is not a blogging site!

7. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

I think hubpages un-publish the OP first hub.

1. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think so or he did it himself. I would love to see what you were all talking about. But the above advice is all true so follow it and you'll do better.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)