Interracial Dating

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. A Thousand Words profile image68
    A Thousand Wordsposted 12 years ago

I am very much for interracial dating. My last two boyfriends were "white." I am "black." I have, however, come across many people who actually believe that it is morally wrong to date outside of your "race." I can certainly see why it might bring you some unrest in your life, especially if you live in places where racial tensions are still strong. But to go so far as to call it immoral? What are your takes on the matter?

1. profile image52
      Karen Baileyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interracial Dating,
      I feel it depends on the two involved...this is one of those subjects that have to come from experience. I have notice with Afro-American males they date outside the race to get peace of my from women who are their race, so I think their motives/agendas are selfish and self-pitying.
      I have also seen other who fall in love with someone who is not their race, some like to have mixed children...it really depends on the person(s) motives...

Thanks for asking, risky subject but loved to answer!

1. A Thousand Words profile image68
        A Thousand Wordsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well people have different motives for why they date people in general, but I see where you are coming from.

But, what these people are saying is that the act itself of dating someone out of race is immoral, no matter the reason behind it.

2. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

I think some people have no understanding what morals are.

I think too many are still stuck in the dixie-crat/Progressive mentallity.

Do people not understand how senseless it is to argue and hate over skin color.

It is really nothing. All the twins below have parents who are the same color, ie; both black or brown. Modern genetics shows that when a large, freely interbreeding group is suddenly broken into many smaller groups which from then on breed only among themselves (as the Biblical description of the language dispersion at Babel would imply), different racial characteristics will arise very rapidly.  It can be shown that one pair of middle-brown parents could produce all known shades of color, from very white to very black, in one generation.  The racial characteristics which exist today have not evolved, and generally speaking, are simply different combinations of pre-existing (created) genetic (hereditary) information.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5933557.jpg

Durrant twins, 2 sets of mixed race twins, incredible was this birth of two sets of mixed-race twins by Alison and Dean Durrant.  Their first twins were born in 2001, and their second twins arrived November 2008 (all pictured below).

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5933558.jpg

Layton and Kaydon Richardson born July 2006, are fraternal "black and white" twins.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5933559.jpg

Remee and Kian Hodgson born April 2005, are fraternal "black and white" twins.

See nothing about "race", skin color, make us any different from another.

See how stupid that BS is.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love it!  And I would to wave those photos under the noses of some of the amoral idiots that would forbid "interracial" marriages.  I can just imagine the utter silence, followed by protestations of disbelief and photoshopping!

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

Do what you want to do, regardless of what your family thinks. f*** them. It's your life.

(not YOU. but in general.)

smile

4. loveandsex profile image61
    loveandsexposted 12 years ago

White, black, green, red...whatever colour people are, we were all created by one God..there's NOTHING immoral when two people love each other regardless of their colour...

5. shortielynn101 profile image61
    shortielynn101posted 12 years ago

I, and speaky only for myself, see nothing wrong with inter racial dating. But I have not dated a "black" guy. Which don't get me wrong, i have thouight a few were hot, but i have never had the desire to really date one. I am white myself and have quite a few black friends, i just haven't had the desire to. So i believe that there are others probably like myself, that have no problem with it, but personally choose not to.

6. garrettdixon profile image59
    garrettdixonposted 12 years ago

This is not a moral issue at all.  The only people that have any problem with it must be racist.  I believe it can lead to some difficulties later ahead just because pf th different ways of life, but most definately not a moral issue!

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

I think it should be your personal choice, regardless. There are so many other reasons in life to be unhappy. Your color should not be one of them.

1. profile image0
      Muldaniaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  We humans seem to need our reasons to be unhappy.  There are many moral questions which people struggle with, but the colour of skin is not one of them.    It makes as much sense as saying that people who are blue eyed should not be in a relationship with those who have green eyes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)