jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Minecraft: PC vs. XBOX 360

1. rcummin3 profile image61
    rcummin3posted 4 years ago

Simply put...which one is better, and why?

1. Arren123 profile image81
      Arren123posted 4 years ago in reply to this

My 2 boys are mad about Minecraft, I'm the same as cagsil I've never been into gaming, but my boys really love Minecraft. As for which is better PC or Xbox I'm not sure. I guess depends which one do you have either PC or Xbox, not everyone as both.

2. BraidedZero profile image86
      BraidedZeroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The Xbox game is a little better in the fact that you have a controller in your hand that makes gameplay easier. The graphics are the same and all aspects of the game are the same. The only thing that is different is that on the pc you are able to go in and edit the game a lot easier and more efficiently. Unless you were able to hook a keyboard up to the Xbox you wouldn't have the same level of customizing that you have on pc. Oh, also, the Xbox version is a little lower in price.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Don't know which is better, but my preference is computer. I've never been into gaming systems because I could never afford to buy one and then buy the games I wanted.

I have only a handful of games I play on computer, which would demonstrate I'm not much of a gamer compared to my younger years when I would always play games on other people's systems, including computers.

1. Babypenguin profile image60
      Babypenguinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love minecraft, soo much i watch youtube vids of people who play it as well as playing it myself, but personally i prefer the 360, i've finally started practicing first person shooter games, i know of not many girls who play, but deffo a console girl

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image91
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Ripping the game to shreds, I'll look at it from different points. Like so,

Price: PC is the obvious choice here, folks. Why? Because why should you pay for something that you can get for free on PC? The XBOX 360 version is very expensive, costing £15, around 25 dollars. And for what? To play "with a controller"? It won't be long before PC gamers will be playing it with their thoughts because it's so more advanced.

Gameplay: PC again. Why? One simple word that will rock the foundations of this argument: Updates. The XBOX 360 is terrible for updates, hence why I no longer play mine. Games rarely update per year, possibly six times and they're so infrequent. You have to scour the internet to find out when the next one will be, and what games it will apply to.

Control: The XBOX 360 is the c-c-c-combo breaker here, as it can support a pad. But pray tell me, what's wrong with the keyboard which supports both left and right handers? It takes less than a week to get used to it, and it's only Minecraft - not like there's huge complexities.

Visuals: Neither, they're both as terrible and broken as each other.

Availability: PC, because you can find it on any site which doesn't have to be official. You don't have to pay for it on most, and you can get a constantly (like, weekly/monthly) updated version. If your XBOX LIVE sub runs out, you've got to pay for that just to get the game. And the only way to update it is through, you guessed it, being online.

So there you have it - a logical argument as to why the PC version is greater in some aspects. But the most important thing about a game is being able to play it. Both are good, both keyboard and pad I mean. But sometimes jumping controls can be irresponsive on both the pad and keyboard, mostly the keyboard.

So all in all, I recommend you try it out on PC for a week. Then, if you're bored, don't pay for it. It's a mediocre sandbox game where you can find many more original ones online.