PS3 VS Xbox 360

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (45 posts)
  1. profile image53
    KittyBallsposted 14 years ago

Hey guys, a long age battle between the Ps3 , and the Xbox 360. Which one do you prefer and why?

I personally prefer the PS3 , due to free online service, some cool exclusives like Killzone 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4, and the Final Fantasty Saga and more.
    But I do also like the 360 , because it has more online playes, Halo Series, Gears of War 1+2, and some other cool games.

So yeah post your thoughts guys!

1. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

PS3 is better, 360 is cheaper...Personally, I've been an Xbox fan all the way through (due to Halo)...so 360!

1. profile image52
        mlglilcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ps3 is cheaper do to live as ps3 is free

2. Harmax123 profile image59
      Harmax123posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I most certainly prefer PS3. First because it costs nothing to connect online, and second, because it plays Blu Ray movies, and lastly because it has more variety of games to choose from.

2. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

PS3, followed since PS1.

~thranax~

1. profile image53
      KittyBallsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amazing console aint it?

1. profile image52

Yes it is

3. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Yes, I don't own 3 but I have played it a few times. I own 1 and 2 and PSP though.

~thranax~

PS: Nice name lols! Should get an avatar that gives it justice!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-bowling-ball-cat.jpg

url= icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-bowling-ball-cat.jpg

4. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I have followed Sony products for a while and PS3 has a blue-ray...PS3 wins...

5. profile image48
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

XBox 360 fan here but currently playing Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii, best game ever, jeeez after 18 holes it's like I actually played a round of golf smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just finished Shaun White snowboarding on the Wii - great game...

1. profile image48
        BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deff wouldnt mind giving that a go, if you get the right game the Wii deff rocks !

Well done on completing Shaun White, I have half a PGA Tour to go yet lol !

1. profile image0
          mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good luck...

6. steffer profile image59
    stefferposted 14 years ago

xbox360 here

i used to be a huge playstation fan, till a friend of mine had an xbox, i bought one myself, and since then i'm hooked with it.
    i laready have my 2th xbox360 now

oh and my playstation, well it is being used as a dvd player for my daughter's tv.

1. profile image52

y would u downgrade to a xbox

7. profile image56
    xravexheavenxposted 14 years ago

PS3 all the way.  I have the 360, Wii, and PS3 and the PS3 crushes them all.  Most only are big 360 fans because they got it for the price.

1. profile image51
      Wuffamaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have all 3 as well & frankly I think the 360 is by a long margin the better machine, the paid online service that lets you chat to a group of friends all playing different games at the same time beats PS3's free online alternative of chat to one at the dashboard or in game if the game lets you is a poor subsitute.
      Don't forget about playing your own music while in any game, not possible on PS3, average 10 second update time for games over the PS3 several minutes at least. The PS3 does have superior graphics on some titles no doubt, but personally if you please yourself what you play multi-format titles on, just the sheer imbalance in top level exclusives clearly favors the 360.(Upcoming Xbox : Splinter Cell, HALO, Gears of War, Left for Dead, Forza, Bioshock etc. Upcoming PS3 : Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank (GameFAQs.com's Upcoming release list)) Not to mention GTA DLC & stuff. I love my PS3, but I just don't think it's fair to compare them if you are in to gaming. Price is the least of the catagories Xbox wins in. If you prefer your PS3 good for you, but don't assume the rest people have no reason to choose the competition other than price. It's the reason "fanboy" is synonymous with one sided. Unless it's cheese... all anyone buys cheddar for is the lower price! There I said it! Gouda rocks & everyone secretly knows it.

1. Wonder_Woman profile image58
        Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I havent bought the wii yet, im interetedted but i just dont have the room for it What are your favorite games on the Wii?

2. profile image52

its been a long time since then over 3/4 of those problems have been fixed ut juding it of its 1 gen withouth updates

8. Dangazzm profile image74
    Dangazzmposted 14 years ago

Xbox does try to mimic the PS3 in a lot of ways (hence why the red ring started, it goes to show you why MASSIVE overclocking is a bad thing) but still Xbox takes the cake for best online experience. I mean the headsets being a norm in the Xbox community makes it a much better experience because it is a rarity to have someone not try to communicate rather than the latter for the PS3. However, I do understand that readily avilable microphones is a problem with annoying people but the easy to mute people option makes up for that easily. And I believe Xbox has revolutionized matchmaking type games in which you are able to just get a few friends and play all night long.

I know PS3 has Call of Duty which features this option, but are there any others? While Xbox has GoW 1+2, Halo 2-3, ETC. Most games on Xbox Live do a fairly decent job at online play (since the massive fail of 90% of normal Xbox live games.) because they learned from their mistakes.

This coupled with the party system that Xbox has where I can communicate with my friends (with my VOICE not a crappy keyboard) no matter what games we are all playing and can choose to join into games together at any time make this system take the cake. CLEARLY the focus of the 360 is online play, while it costs a nominal monthly fee I do think it is worth it but I do wish they would drop it BACK DOWN TO 5 bucks a month or whatever it was at way back when.

9. Wonder_Woman profile image58
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

Lol I own both.

I was a devoted PS player, beginning my gaming experience with tomb raider, resident evil, driver, herc adventures
    But years later I was introduced to halo and… oh lord… awesome!

So instead of choosing aside Iove both. PS3 because of certain games but more so the blue ray player ( I mean come on why spend $300 on a blue ray player if you can simply buy a PS3) . XBOX because the games are awesome

10. Outdoor Toys profile image59
    Outdoor Toysposted 14 years ago

There is only one console for me the Wii smile

The PS3 is really cool because of the bluray player. Since the XBOX is from Microsoft I for the play station

11. profile image55
    mouseattacksposted 14 years ago

For me the choice is simple.  The PS3. I bought it when it first came out and haven't any problems with it.

12. manker521 profile image60
    manker521posted 14 years ago

I am a 360 person.  I could see no sense in paying the huge price tag of PS3 for Blu-ray and limited game selection.  of course the price has come down since the sales dropped but the game selection is still dwarfed in comparison to Xbox 360.  In my opinion Sony got greedy,  I could have purchased a Blu-ray and an Xbox 360 for less than the original cost of the PS3.   If and when their game selection improves I may think about a PS3 but not likely.

1. profile image52

the prices have dropped even more and the reason they can be greedy is becouse thye have a blue ray player installed if u had an xbox ud have to pay up to 300 dollars for a blue ray player

13. Archaelleon profile image61
    Archaelleonposted 14 years ago

In the beginning the 360 was the better console. It had more exclusives, better online community, it was cheaper, etc.

The tides have turned a bit. The PS3 Slim costs the same as the 360 Elite, but, you get Blu-Ray, wi-fi equipped, free online play, bluetooth compatibility, and you can replace the hard drive with one you buy at the store. Not to mention, the PS3 has far better hardware reliability. The exclusives are just as good now (Resistance 1 and 2, LittleBIG Planet, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Infamous, God of War, etc). Check out the scores for Uncharted 2, it looks to be game of the year by a long shot.

If you have neither system today, the better choice is the PS3.

14. chuey115 profile image61
    chuey115posted 14 years ago

I would recommend the PS3. I own a Xbox 360 and I have owned the Xbox and the Playstation 1 and 2 and the PSP. I will probably will eventually purchase the PS3, it is just a matter of time and money.

I recommend the PS3 because the online play is free that is already a huge savings from Microsoft's 50 some odd bucks for a year membership. Then to buy the Wifi connector is highly overpriced. People are writing articles on how you can use other hookups that are by far cheaper. Then there is the memory card feature. Microsoft starting November will have costumers download a update that destroys any memory card not approved by their company and you will not get a warning. Sony allows you to use any memory cards by any company that you want. The big deal about this is that Microsoft is charging far more then twice the price of a regular memory card.

Xbox 360 does have more multiplayer games but that little feature is not worth all the free of charge stuff and all the freedoms you get with PS3. I feel Microsoft is going to soon be loosing money to PS3 when more and more people realize how much money they are spending for accessories made for the Xbox 360 and online memberships when PS3 is cheaper and gives you more freedom.

On a side note the credits you use on Xbox Live dont equate to a dollar your actually losing money on those too.

15. profile image0
    Scarkaiserposted 14 years ago

Even though I only own an xbox 360 I can honestly tell people to invest their money in a PS3. Here's why.

Hardware- In less than 6 months I've had 3 xbox 360's. The first one was brand new and it only lasted 11 days. While the PS3 had major overheating issues when it came out I don't seem to be hearing anyone complaining now, which leads me to believe Sony fixed the issue(s). The D-pad on the 360 controller is clunky.

Online- All I have to say here is that xbox live costs money and the interface is clunky. On top of that there is not enough content being released fast enough to warrant a fee. Meanwhile the PS3 is free online and there's tons of stuff you can do with it.

Games- This is the tough category. Both systems have awesome games so it depends on which exclusive titles might pull you in any particular direction. I love the Ratchet and Clank games, but don't own a PS3 sad sad

Final Thought- I'm not okay with paying ridiculous amounts of money for 360 games and accessories just because Microsoft messed up and lost tons and tons of money on this system and needs to make it back. If the PS3 ever gets Netflix, I'm dropping my 360 for one smile

1. Dangazzm profile image74
      Dangazzmposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some of this is very true but let me enlighten you on the fact that matchmaking, chatting, voice messages, ETC. Take server space and bandwidth this is what you are paying for. PS3 you CAN send messages but to my knowledge only text and in a chat room with the person (to save bandwidth and server space I assume) and matchmaking has dedicated servers for finding you games so the process goes A LOT quicker. Of course PS3 HAS dedicated servers for their games take Uncharted 2 for example. It takes a long time to get a game for ANYTHING in comparison to Halo. It doesn't take long at all but 2 minutes is A LOT longer than Halo due to the server trying to find EVERYONE games for their free service. Don't get me wrong I wish Xbox Live was free and they cropped out some of their time, money, and resources to other things to be able to either DROP the cost DOWN or COMPLETELY! But when it comes right down to it if you are having troubles connecting to Xbox Live you have support to help you and if you have trouble with PSN no one cares about it because its FREE, you can't complain about free right?

Also if you are in America or anywhere else you get the shaft on PSN games, make a Japanese account to see what I mean. This doesn't happen with Xbox, anything in America is what they offer so I like being able to see everything that is ACTUALLY on the games list.

Xbox overheating issues is another thing that I think you are referring to when you got rid of 3 Xbox 360s in a row. Let me tell you I own 2, mine and the one my gf uses. My gf's got the Red ring, I looked online and fixed it myself ($3 in parts) and it works like a charm now. Not only the I offer an Xbox repair service locally because of this and make side money doing it big_smile but its REALLY easy your 360 has less parts than your computer!!! Xbox has overheating issues and such because they are trying to keep up with PS3 and PS3 had overheating issues trying to BEAT Xbox 360 so they are both at fault! PS3 had a MUCH higher end system so the problem is a lot easier to fix.

My one REAL complaint about 360 is Harddrive is NOT interchangable like the PS3 where I can buy one and format it to work right then and there. Microsoft is greedy, but Sony holds out BIG time on a lot of good games on you so... which one do you choose? up to you but me I am an AVID online gamer and find Xbox Live to be a lot more appealing with more online activity and higher Microphone percentage so I can COMMUNICATE with my friggin team mates.

I love uncharted 2 though, I am in fact addicted to it... not nearly as much as I was when Halo 2 came out because I still shower but still its good and fun. Its the first Playstation exclusive with online multiplayer that I ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY! Where as Gears of War 1 & 2, Halo 2 & 3, plus various other REALLY fun past games that didn't last quite as long (Crackdown anyone?) but still worth playing and playing online for that matter!

This is the way I look at it, if you want an entertainment center and watch some high def Blue ray movies and want only the best video and audio quality... go with the PS3

If you want to just play fun games go with the Wii.

If you want some good games and some competition on your games, Xbox 360 all the way.

The Wii is a toy, the Xbox is a Game System, and PS3 is an entertainment center lets face it!

16. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

my thoughts are, whatever has the best games is the best system period.  ps2 proved that in the last console wars era.  sure, x-box had superior graphics and online capabilities were way ahead of its' time.  however, ps2, with its backwards compatability with ps1 games, had a much larger game library and more quality games for users to choose from. 

thats what makes the difference. its not the system itself, but who has the best games.

17. topshelf profile image59
    topshelfposted 14 years ago

I say the play station 3. I always had playstation and never had any problems with it, unlike the xbox 360!! I only had it for a short time and now the red lights are showing. I'm not happy about it. My friend says over 60% of xbox 360 will end up having problems with it, but I don't know how true that is. But the regular xbox was fine, never had any problems with it, don't know what happen to the 360 sad

18. steffer profile image59
    stefferposted 14 years ago

got 1 red sign on my 2th xbox360 yesterday damn it
    went to the xbox.com support website and treid to fix it myself.

didn't work though, so i took my old xbox(the white one) treid to fix that one, which has had te 3 rings of dead, switched the cables, put it on, and guess what it worked

i have bought an xbox elite because my previous was broken, and now it automaticly works again, how can that be possible.

1. topshelf profile image59
      topshelfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow lol smile

1. profile image52

the xbox may give u red ring of deth as a warning sighn and it may just needed a break, time for it to cool down

19. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Two years ago I would have told you definitely get the 360.  Today, not so sure.  Xbox has somehow managed to make Gold Live membership less and less appealing while the PSN has really been drawing me.  The PS3's backwards compatibility problems are still a joke, but the 360's poor design is also pretty galling.

BluRay really helps the PS3's case, but it isn't a big deal.  Games like Uncharted and Valkyria chronicles plus the price drop are really selling me on the PS3 as the best system of 2009, although it probably still lags behind the 360 for the entire console cycle.

20. profile image50
    JohnFruscianteposted 14 years ago

I love both, but if I had to choose I'd probarly go with the Box - if it wasnt for the annoying red rings of death !!! Seriously they make me crazy I just wrote a hub about it:

The Red Rings of Death...

more in-depth to those who havent decided yet i would take this in as an important factor..

Red Rings of Death what is it, how to fix it?

1. profile image52

but if it keeps happending u cant fix it it will crap out and the ps3 will still be running strong

21. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

once again it all comes down to who has more game selection and quality games.

22. profile image51
    brandonhimmelmanposted 14 years ago

as i owned both console my ps3 was the best i had a 40 GB PS3 for 1 and halve year before it finally broke so then i went to buy a 360 because all my friends had on i had a 360 for about five months and it broke 4 times. PS3 has allot of good feature on and offline and 360 has more people and easier to use. its easy to compare games killzone is like halo resistance is like gears of war and so on every good xbox mostly has another game like it for the ps3. if your looking for a entertainment center the ps3 is for you because you can download movies off mp3 plays and off the internet like the 360 somewhat. but the ps3 has something for everyone you can make movies play games listen to music and watch movies but all on top off that you can search the internet. really no buddy can argue about the price because a 120 GB ps3 only cost 300 now and same with xbox 360 elite. so im saying your better off buying the ps3

23. Tesia Gray profile image61
    Tesia Grayposted 14 years ago

I prefer Playstation to Xbox.  Playstation is home of the Final Fantasy Series and the Silent Hill Series, my two favorite video game series other than Zelda.  I prefer the controller, it doesn't eclipse my wee little hands.  The console is slimmer and sexier than the Xbox.  Oh, and I'm possibly the only person alive that doesn't care for Halo.  I know, I'm going to gamer hell.  Playstation still rules.

24. delungleapero profile image33
    delungleaperoposted 14 years ago

I prefered Playstation 2 instead of Playstation 3. Here's another resource on ps3 compared to xbox 
    http://www.squidoo.com/xbox360-vs-ps3

ps3 slim looks ugly. slim i almost put my back out lifting up when led down.

Not to mention FIFA or PES 10 football games - you got to be on Xbox live.

great hub here to check out by hayden
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Fifa_10_or_Pes_10

25. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

I don't like FPS and I don't like online play.* Therefore, I have no need for an Xbox360. Not to mention I've always been a fan of the Playstation, ever since the day it came out.

*The only exception being Team Fortress 2. Pyro FTW!

26. healthyfitness profile image72
    healthyfitnessposted 11 years ago

I have and love both! God of war on ps3 is my favorite game of all time but i also love playing some halo on the 360!

27. atechwiz profile image64
    atechwizposted 11 years ago

I love the Xbox platform.  Every since I switched last generation.  Forza, Gears, Halo.  Some of the best games around in my opinion.

28. Willsummerdreamer profile image64
    Willsummerdreamerposted 11 years ago

I own and enjoy both. They both have their good and bad points ^_^.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)