PMDD- Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 3 years ago

Ahhh .....the dreaded time of month ! sad

Not sure if I spelled it correctly.
    I believe I have it. I started this thread awhile back.

Anyways, I think what it is, is a severe form of PMS
    and I tracked my period and I get on certain days, like 2 weeks before the flow, not everyday but some days, extreme suicidal depressions, things like paranoia, and extreme sensitivity, depression, anger etc.
    It's pretty awful

I talked to my PCP and she said to track the periods and I did then she said to go to a psychiatrist

I'm already on a mood stabilizer but I think this is a medical problem that needs to be dealt with

besides my psychiatrist put me on antidepressants for like 9 days out of the month and it didn't work for me.

Not trying to be lazy and not research this myself, but I'm really suffereing right now, and maybe you know something I don't.

I heard that birth control helps but then my pcp also told me that depo shots make people irritable  and I'm wondering exactly what forms of birth control help- if they do- and why.

Thank you.

preparing for Aunt Flow to visit.

I think it's possible btw that I was misdiagnosed bipolar instead of pmdd possibly because very few % of women have pmdd ....and it's possible. idk.
    just thought. another time for that one.

1. 0
      Alise- Evonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure, but it is possible that you suffer from PMS-D.  I learned that this is what I had too late when studying for a Master Herbalist diploma.  Only 5-37% of women get this type and it is characterized by such symptoms as: depression, weepiness/sadness, insomnia, forgetfulness, clumsiness, suboptimal cognition, and hirsutism.  In severe cases, suicidal thoughts can be present.  It is all due to a hormonal imbalance: too much progesterone and too little estrogen.  My notes also say that for some, these low levels of estrogen  are linked to systemic contamination of lead. 
      For myself, beginning about 2 weeks before, I would be very meloncholy/ on the verge of crying/ feeling very sorry for myself- not my usual self.  I was able to completely rid myself of these symptoms by taking white sugar out of my diet- in those days white sugar was what was in everything; nowadays it's high fructose corn syrup. Start reading labels and purge both from your diet.  Do some more research on PMS-D, and even if this is not what you have, this diet change does everyone good, so you can't go wrong there.  I pray you find some relief.