jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Sugar and The Way it Find's itself into Your Body

1. desantis profile image60
    desantisposted 7 years ago

Hello everyone my name is Steven and I am a health coach. I help people overcome obesity and disease. I wrote an article to share with everyone on the effects of sugar and how it finds it's way into your body.
    I am here to help people so feel free to comment.

1. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

aCCording to the Health channel on cable.. sugar can cause
      memory loss.. does that apply to all sugar..
      I hope not tea taste so much better with sugar..
      Not to mention grape nuts cereal.
      Ur friend,

1. desantis profile image60
        desantisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey Nikki thank you for commenting on my hub:)
        Yes sugar can cause memory loss. It applies to all sugar, yes some are more healthier than others but in the end sugar is sugar so you want to control and reduce how much you are ingesting.
        This is something I teach my clients, any food that doesn't have eyes is a carbohydrate which in turn is a sugar. So now you can see how sugar finds it's way into your body.
        All you have to do is reduce your carbohydrate intake and whatever you are taking in make sure it is higher in fiber.
        I like tea myself so I use a sugar that is minimally processed as opposed to white sugar. Sucanut or Turbinado sugar! You can find it at your local health food store in the organic section. I would use the turbinado sugar as it will not change the taste of what you're using it on.
        If there is anything or advice I can give you feel free to ask.
        Bye for now

2. mpudi profile image61
      mpudiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hello Steven, my name is Amani. I am very in need of your help. About your article on the effects of sugar and how it finds its way in my body.
      Please help me Steven immediately.

2. 49er profile image81
    49erposted 7 years ago

Sugar usually finds its way into my body in my coffee. It is sneaky like that smile

3. shashigai profile image59
    shashigaiposted 7 years ago

i have gotten out of the sugar cycle several times in my life (currently in). what needs is something invented that is as good as candy or sugar in the tea and as handy. honey is expensive (though i have learned to like it in tea) and i am working on fruit instead of candy. horrified as i am about what sugar does in the body (at my age i really need that calcium for my bones!) i still can't stop eating it. and i feel so much better without it, go figure...