jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

What you do Each day, to connect with the Life's Energy ?

1. SharmaRoshan profile image60
    SharmaRoshanposted 2 years ago

I personally Meditate, 5 times a day for at-least twenty minutes.

1. manatita44 profile image86
      manatita44posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Excellent approach and commended highly.

You may know that the spiritual life is one big flow. That is how it's seen at a certain level. Everything flows with everything else.

Love, serve, open to allow the received Grace from a.m, to flow in and through you on the buses, trains, work, walking and your interactions with all you encounter. Perhaps you know this. A life of self-control leading to celebacy is ultimately necessary. Without this, it will be very difficult to hold the descent of the Higher Forces. Slow and steady is the key. Be guided by the voice within. Salutations!

2. Righteous Atheist profile image60
      Righteous Atheistposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I breathe in and out. All day long. wink

Yes, Brother Righteous. Funny, but a decent start. Smile here.

Manatita

3. Goodpal profile image88
      Goodpalposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Mindfulness is my way. Being mindful of what is going on in the mind and sensations in the body. It keeps me connected the reality of who I am. Constant communion with breathing is also a part of it.

1. SharmaRoshan profile image60
        SharmaRoshanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Nice approach.

4. seriouslystressed profile image59
      seriouslystressedposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I meditate- in a way. Nothing formal lately. Just go outside and listen to all the sounds and appreciate every detail I can.

5. EncephaloiDead profile image60
      EncephaloiDeadposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Where is this thing you call, "Life's Energy"? What is that exactly? Please explain.

Simply speaking, EncephaloiDead, when you are happy, the 'energy' is good. When you are low, irritatable, depressed or moody, the 'energy' is not so good. We say that one is in a high spirit or low spirits. Spirit is the Christian word and Consciousness, is the Eastern word. Energy or vibration is sometimes associated with physics or New Age but are simply different ways of trying to connect, to simplify the essential nature of Spirit.

A high or low Consciousness is affected by many things: negative people or vibrations in the workplace, news and social media - a big one here - bereavement, like that of a partner, mother, family; ignorance, which may involve doing bad stuff. The energy is affected in a positive way through meditation, selfless service, satsang or sadhana. That is to say, being in the company of the kind and loving, singing, prayer, chanting or in short spiritual practices. They include all I have just said and more.

A stressful life; wrong or unwholesome choices, can also drain our energy, and we may feel different in Light and darkness, cold and heat or other extremes. Food is energy. Life itself is ultimately Energy (Spirit or Consciousness) In a simplified way, we can say that life is about striving to be always in a good or balanced energy. A state of inner equipoise.

In the context that it is used, Sharma seems to be asking what do you do daily, to connect with your inner Source; to feed the Light or God within. Hope this helps.

P.S. Nice question. I have noted that from time to time, people ask Sharma to simplify more. Perhaps he may welcome this.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

I also find work to do.  Working is fun.

working