jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

Time to go to the gym, whose with me?

1. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

its leggs day!!!

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

You go'head.....I'll see you when you get back.

3. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

lol nice

4. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

oh, you're back.......  smile

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I missed the gym today, normally go five times a week though!

6. 60
    hank sweeneyposted 6 years ago

Feel free to miss the gym all you want. You can get an efficient work out right from your house. I recently purchased Mark Lauren's book You Are Your Own Gym from marklauren.com, and it has taught me that I don't need to go to the gym to work out. All I need is a small space in my house. My bathroom even. And I don't even need to use weights. The book's got me eating more healthily and getting ripped, weights-free. I recommend it.

1. annmeadows profile image60
      annmeadowsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I love that book! That's what I do!

7. strutzas profile image60
    strutzasposted 6 years ago

I'll go with you because i believe going to gym helps your body to be strong and healthy.

8. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

We went yesterday.

We try to go every other day.  Life interferes now and then, but we do get there at least twice a week at the very least.

I always do walking leg squats (you look incredibly dumb doing them, but they are wonderful), pullups, dips and situps.   For aerobic, I either do the rowing machine or walk home (half an hour) or both (my wife has hip problems so she can't walk that far).  I toss in some machines, maybe some pushups and a little punching bag now and then.

We're both in our sixties and first signed up at a gym in our twenties.  Regular exercise pays off!

I hate to see people our age so flabby and out of shape.  They see me doing pullups or dips and say "I could never do that!".   Why not?  All you have to do is work at it and maybe lose a few dozen  pounds that is killing you anyway!

9. 0
    philip carey 61posted 6 years ago

Just did 40 miles on the road bike and followed up with a weight workout. I would only join you for a cold beer at this point...

1. optimus grimlock profile image59
      optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you did it backwards better to workout then ride the bike.

1. 0
        philip carey 61posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I would agree with that. The bike is the priority, though. I'm doing some mountain bike races this year and I need to keep on the cardio.

10. Suzie Parker profile image60
    Suzie Parkerposted 6 years ago

Pcunix, that's awesome that you both stayed so fit and in shape, well done, I admire that!

My fiance and I also started to gym hard in our early twenties (am now in late 20's). I think it is the best way to stay young and healthy.

11. mtkomori profile image82
    mtkomoriposted 6 years ago

Started going to the gym just last month since I had been recovering from a prolonged back injury. Since I need to work on my "core stability", I go to a core condition class focusing on abdominal and back muscles. I don't go on the machines, at least not yet, though at this gym there are all sorts of them, bicycles, treadmills, etc. I guess you could purchase a DVD and do exercises at home, but I tend to "goof off" and do other things, like going on-line, or fixing meals, so I don't have an exercise DVD...lol.

12. 5StarStrong profile image60
    5StarStrongposted 6 years ago

Had a very good deadlift workout today. Training for a competition in September! Worked up to a 405lb deadlift with double looped blue bands for an easy single. The bands stretch as you pull the bar up and the tension increases dramatically. I was pretty happy with that. Goal is to pull 520-540 at the meet. Tomorrow is good ol bench day, did 210 for 9 last week. Lookin to see what I can do with 215 tomorrow.

13. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

sorry buddy but I only ever go and see Jim

14. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

I get my exercise in the bedtoom... smile