eating right

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. kennetta profile image60
    kennettaposted 13 years ago

eating heathy is a part of life and if u diet then it sholdnt be a prb.

1. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you eat healthy you shouldn't need to diet hmm

1. camlo profile image83
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right.

I'm totally skinny, and I've never been on a diet.

(raspberries) (lol)

2. joecseko profile image62
        joecsekoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Diet is a word that describes one's eating habits. I have absolutely no need to lose weight, but most of the year, I'm on a strict diet.

I shy away from processed foods- not completely, but most of the time. I eat whole grains, whole grain breads and cereals (like old fashioned oatmeal), fish, poultry, "mostly" raw vegetables (to improve the glycemic index and glycemic load), many types of beans (except soy- too high in phyto estrogen for me) some select fruits, high quality whey protein and casein drinks.

I consume a minimum of five feedings per day, but most days consist of seven. This improves my anabolic state, plus it mitigates insulin secretion. Remember, exhaustion of the pancreas is what leads to type II diabetes.

I spend the better part of the year at around 188-190 lbs. When I need to drop into my weight class @ 181 lbs, I simply back off the carbohydrates  slightly, about six weeks out. I'm a powerlifter, not a bodybuilder. It's weight that's most important to me at contest time, not how lean I appear.

I do choose to remain lean throughout the entire year, though. Aesthetics are still important to me, not "absolute strength".

Diet is a word that describes one's eating habits.

Diet as used by the OP looks to mean - changing eating habits in order to lose weight.

1. joecseko profile image62

Still, by definition, diet is what I've described. Point taken, but the fact remains, diet is the way one eats. I can see your point, though.

2. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 13 years ago

Yes, but what is all of the yummy stuff bad for you?

3. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I am guilty of one moment/month where I binge on half bag small chips and a chocolate bar hmm next to eating healthy smile

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
      MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As I sit here snacking on my salted chips I'm just as guilty as you. smile

1. profile image51
        Blakewerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. joecseko profile image62

Really? Not only are you a spammer, but you know absolutely nothing about proper diet! 450 calories per day? Virtually no adult can live healthily on twice that many calories! Catabolism would run rampant throughout your entire muscular system, and cortisol levels would be so elevated that every bit of food would be stored down as fat!

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
            couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Joe - I tried to return your email 3 times but for some reason it's undeliverable.  I had asked you about exercises.  Now that I see your knowledge of how the body relates to food, I'm convinced you are the expert.  I've been studying the effects of food since 1975, personally of course, and try to stay on the cutting edge of information.  Also eat 90% organic and raw, very little processed food, supplement, and filtered water.  I'm on the road all week and back to college so exercise has been on the back burner for about 4 years.  Do you have another email I can try?

4. profile image0
    fit2dayposted 13 years ago

helpful hanna, the reason all of the things that seem to taste the best are often the worst for you is because our food has been transformed from its natural state and instead of our taste buds craving healthy fruits and vegetables, they've been over stimulated by things like refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, and other processed junk that harms the body.

I have personally learned that you can retrain the taste buds when you make it a habit to eat healthier and avoid adding too much to the food you consume. I used to eat a 10 pack of reese's like it was nothing, but now I'll eat fruit and yogurt instead.

5. profile image50
    wegotfitness.composted 13 years ago

As far as nutrition goes, most of the world has to be re-educated to rebuild healthy eating habits.  However, this would be very costly and almost impossible. Many of the food industry companies use ingredients that are known to have negative side effects, but we somehow still eat them. If everyone in this world eat somewhat like "joecseko" was describing, people in this world would be healthier.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)