what do you know about weightloss

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 69 discussions (101 posts)
  1. sweetjulie profile image60
    sweetjulieposted 14 years ago

hello people. what do you all know about weightloss

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too much.

1. sweetjulie profile image60
        sweetjulieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

care to share? i know much too but i want learn more

1. tksensei profile image60
          tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I was an undergrad I wrestled at a weight class that required me to cut a ton of weight, so I spent about half of each year killing myself to manage my body weight to exacting specifications. I became quite expert at it, but it sucked.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

eat less and exercise more.

1. KaylaJay profile image61
        KaylaJayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

exercising more and eating less is the last thing you want to do; it's a myth.  Instead just stay away from sugary foods and that will help with weight loss.

3. Daft Punk profile image60
      Daft Punkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey,

Was just browsing and i came accross your question. and as a matter of fact its a topic i had on my mind a couple of months back...i'll get to it. theres a tablet form of weight management that should be balanced with a healthy diet and cv 3 times a week. The tablets are thermobol and it has literally stipped my body fat right down. I co-incided the tablets with regular squash session. works a treat. just worried about what this festive season is going to do to my body. Hope this helps.

* Daft Punk *

4. mackyi profile image64
      mackyiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get Weight Loss Help From A Supportive Community

When you're trying to lose weight, doesn't it just seem like everyone is out there to sabotage your diet rather than give you weight loss help? Everywhere you look, there's doughnuts in the break room and bread bowls at the table. People are urging you to have "just one more" piece of pizza. It sure is hard to lose weight when there are so many opportunities to eat junk food.

To top it all off, people can be critical of you if you try to make healthy choices. You can't have a salad for lunch or turn down dessert without catching criticism.

Given this type of environment, how is anyone supposed to get healthy and lose weight? The key is to get weight loss help from a supportive community. Laura Fenamore, creator of Body Image Mastery, believes that this is one of the keys to releasing the weight that you are holding on to. When you are around people that love and respect themselves and others, it becomes much easier to lose weight.

Where, though, can you find people that are supportive in your decisions to work towards health? One of the first stops could be your very own home. Changing your habits can be much easier if everyone in the house is on board. Have a family meeting to discuss these changes. To get everyone excited about it, make sure that you don't focus on the things that you'll be losing, focus on the things that you'll gain. For example, instead of agreeing to eat less junk food, make an agreement to eat more fruits and vegetables.

Sometimes, you can't find the support you're looking for at home. Other times, family members may want to support each other, but may not know how. It's times like these that you need to look for outside support. Online communities, such as OnePinky.com allow you to connect with others all over the world -- people that are reaching for the same goals as you are.

If you've been struggling with your body's size and can't find the weight loss help you need, look for a strong community to support you. You'll be surprised by how quickly you can lose weight.
      Note: for more information you may also visit>http://www.mcfarlaneusefulinfoonline.com

5. profile image36
      sadie louiseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi sweetjulie just a message keep your eyes peeled on fitnotfat site by sadielouise cos if its help to lose weight maybe i can help(i am a fomer fattie now a fitness advisor

6. Rob Davis profile image60
      Rob Davisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I, myself know alot about losing weight. I've lost 70 lbs within a year

7. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you eat lots of high fiber foods: salads,.. and drink lots of water and with LOTS of walking, dancing possibly an hours worth of both and more.. you're in for some incredible weight loss talk about burning off big_smile.

8. Judith Gill profile image59
      Judith Gillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If there's one thing I know about weightloss it's DO NOT DIET. Dieting does not work permanently - You'll lose it temporarily, then put it all back on again.

I've just spent the best year of my life losing weight. Previously, I had tried every diet under the sun to lose weight, without success. Today I eat normally without dieting. The main thing is I eat the recommended right foods (no junk foods), and do sufficient exercise (nothing extreme)to continue to maintain my weight loss. Okay, I do eat an occasional junk food. I wish I'd done this years ago.

Today, friends and family continue to be amazed at my transformation. Even my husband is saying that he has traded in the old model of his wife for the new model - permanently.

So, friends, if you are considering a weightloss program, please don't DIET.

9. FredAnthonyGarza profile image60
      FredAnthonyGarzaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know that it difficult ..lol! but you have to change the way you think of food and make better choices when eating. You should never deprive your self of food but rather learn to eat and live better. I am dieting and trying to lose weight as a new year resolution so am blogging about it here on hub pages! Please become a follower and read my blog maybe we can help each other! I am sharing my experience and recipes will be posting some recipes tomorrow. 

check it out at
      http://hubpages.com/hub/ConcessionsofaFoodaholic

10. peggypat profile image65
      peggypatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi - I have been there and done that with weight loss. I feel like an expert. In fact my very first ever hub that I just published today is about my journey.  Its hard and it takes perserverance and I think different diets word for different people.

1. pinkboxer profile image60
        pinkboxerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages! I will check out your first hub. Keep writing!

11. profile image49
      mrpelageposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I personally know a lot about weight loss. I use to weigh 298lbs now I weigh 252lbs. No my name isn't Jared and for the most part I eat what I want. It's easy to say weight loss is easy but honestly it's not by far. So what do I know about weight loss? It's hard, time consuming and difficult, only if you don't have the right strategy or information. Let's start with me, I weighed 298lbs in April of 2009 worked out ate healthy while promising myself I wouldn't look at the scale until the end of July of 2009. So I kept my promise and I was excited that Friday morning 6:45am , I felt healthier and lighter but to my surprise I only lost 8lbs. I was furious and so frustrated and completely gave up. Then in the middle of November I came across this product that completely changed my life not a little I mean drastically changed my life. I don't just feel healthier I am! I currently weigh 244lbs and I wake up every morning full of energy fully rejuvenated even if I only get 5 or 6 hours of sleep. I am in the best shape of my life! I advise everyone to try it even if you just wanna lose 3 0r 4 lbs it works for everyone and people of all ages. Trust me you'll love it. What do you have to lose besides unwanted weight?

MrPelage...

12. pinkboxer profile image60
      pinkboxerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. Eliminate processed foods from your diet. Drink at least one liter of water each 24 hours. Get a dog. Walk. Don't worry about losing weight so much. Focus on being the healthiest you can be at this moment in your life. Be patient. Take your time. Set goals. Don't make this so hard. The weight will come off.

13. moanalisa profile image61
      moanalisaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is lots of good advice here, and do take some of it to heart (no pun intended). My older daughter returned to live with me at home for 6 months and within her first 4 months, she lost over 30 lbs with no additional exercise. The bulk of that came from eating at home, with meals that had some protein, lots and lots of vegies, some starch. But what is equally important is that she had then cut out eating out, no more fast foods, no more other dining out where the fats are higher, the sodium higher, no more sodas at home.

My best advice to you is to consult a doctor and focus more on being healthy than you do weight loss.

14. profile image53
      Honey P.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've tried lots of low-fat diets for a couple of years but none of them made me feel satisfied. Although, there are lots of diets,like Atkins diet but it's making me feel weak and unhealthy. But when I tried Medifast Diet,i feel like I'm on the right kind of diet plan. It doesn't make me feel weak.

The caloric intake is around 800-1000 calories.It's a bit pricey, but there are lots of coupons available on the internet http://www.swoopup.com/stores/deals/Medifast-Diet

Even if you don't pay full price.You just have to choose a diet plan which your body reacts positively.No one knows your body better than you do...

15. Robert Kernodle profile image80
      Robert Kernodleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What I know:

(1)  Never count calories.
      (2)  Always picture the inside of your refrigerator as you would picture the inside of your body -- fresh, orderly, alive, clean.
      (3)  Never use scales.
      (4)  Never miss a day of doing at least thirty minutes of quiet, focused stretching.
      (5)  Walk as often as you can.
      (6)  Do NOT think -- Just DO

In short, get out of your head and honestly into your body.  Learn your body, feel your body, be religiously consistent with  your body.  Sense -- Don't over sensationalize. 

Knowldege does not change your body.  Consistent action does -- the kind of action that ceases to be a set of rules and becomes a reflexive, ingrained behavior that you do out of instinctive respect for your self, NOT guilt over failing at somebody else's rules.

16. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually,I am trying to gain some weight.I found eating less help you a lot losing weight.

17. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The woes of winter have left me needing it. sad

18. profile image52
      perry15posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello Friends.......

Weight loss is simple, burn more calories then you consume. If you can fully understand that then you are on your way to losing weight. There are 6 simple steps. Here they are:

1.Count how many calories you eat in a normal day.

2.At the end of that day, add up the number of calories you ate/drank

3.Starting the day after you counted calories, eat 500 calories LESS then you normally do.

4. Instead of eating 3 big meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), or eating all day all the time, spread those calories out over 5 smaller meals.

5.Cardio. Cardio is an important part of weight loss. If you're serious about losing weight, but don't want to do the cardio workouts, then you are requiring your diet to do all of the work.

6.At the end of that week, weigh yourself. You'll notice a difference just after one week! Now, don't expect to see a 20 pound difference.

Thanks

adi

19. Christian Walker profile image67
      Christian Walkerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know quite a bit.  I know that it is relatively easy to do, but very hard to maintain.

I know that if you want a permanent solution, you have to change your lifestyle.

I know that the best diets are the ones that have mechanisms in them that make cheating difficult.

I know that most diet plans work if you stick with them.

I know that if you always do what you have done you will always get what you have gotten.

I know that in order too change your body you must change your mind and that is where the real battle is at.

I know that brown fat helps us stay thin and that increasing your lean muscle mass does the same.

I know even more, but I need to do other things.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I know some people loose their head sometimes in an effort to shed the weight lol

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's an excellent observation---- but some heads weigh a lot.

3. Gregg Biancci profile image60
    Gregg Biancciposted 14 years ago

I think one of the biggest things people can do to change their health is to start by removing high glycemic food from their diets. 

High glycemic foods like white bread, white rice, potatoes, basically anything white or sugary cause a spike in blood sugar shortly after they are consumed.  This causes havoc in your body as it tries to lower the blood sugar levels with an insulin surge.  When insulin surges your body tends to store things as fat, which is not good. sad

There are many other health implecations involved with drastic changes in blood sugar level.  You tend to feel hungry more often because of it, which leads to more eating.  It makes your body go through highs and lows, as your blood sugar goes up and down.

I wrote a hub about low glycemic index diets, check it out. smile

4. sweetjulie profile image60

i think the best way to lose weight is through exercise and a good diet plan

5. FemaleAbs profile image41
    FemaleAbsposted 14 years ago

To lose weight the first thing you would want to do is to analyze your diet. Cut out any junk and processed food. They contain loads of sugar, sodium, food preservatives, hydrogenated vegetable oil, trans fat etc. The problem these food causes is more than just aesthetics.

Next, replace those junk food with foods close to their natural state. That means unprocessed food such as fruits, vegetables, lean meat etc. As they did not go through food processing most of their nutrients is preserved, and those harmful ingredients mentioned above is not added in.

Then you would want to add in some exercise. Resistance training coupled with cardio is the fastest way for weight loss. Stop doing abs exercises for the spot reduction myth, but instead do full body or compound exercises to burn more calories and stimulate more fat loss.

There is a lot more to losing weight, but this basically sums it up. smile

1. Webmatron profile image59
      Webmatronposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seconded.  This is what's working for me.  It's not the quick solution, but it's the sure one.  I spent 14 years morbidly obese, tired all the time, and not quite understanding why things were getting progressively worse.

I went natural, and the pounds are coming off never to return, but even better, I feel great and great about myself.  If I never lose another kilo, I could live with this...having this much energy and being able to pretty much do whatever I want.

The rest of the excess weight is going to come off anyway, but I'm just saying.  Natural food is the way to go.  Then you don't have to count calories at all.

Almost 2 years in, I have reached the phase when I can reduce my portions gradually without having cravings or feeling deprived.  My body will tell me what, when, and how much, if I get off track.

It's very very livable.  Natural diet, walking, and belly dancing.

6. profile image52
    ikdjposted 14 years ago

I agree with most of what has been written here. Don't eat the processed food - first of all it doesn't taste as good as home-made and can you trust them to not put in sugars, salts and bad fats.
    Go for the simple, close to nature foods. Butter for e.g. - how bad can it be - it is one process away from milking the cow! Margarine and some socalled good vege oils - well they have been processed to death, I don't even think flies like to eat them!!!
    Fibre is another good close to nature food to have in your diet. And did you know that eating a bit more fibre helps take some excess fat out of your diet as it sticks to the fibre on its way out instead of sticking into your cells with carbs!

Have read of The Science of getting well by Wallace Wattles. He talks about fletcherism which basically means chewing all your food until it turns into a liquid and is on its way to being digested before it reaches your stomoch. The act of doing this alone means you get full and satisfied way before you have eaten much food - and then you lose weight.
    I have a hub about Wattles and if you want to read this let me know as I will give you a copy (free)

7. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

actually I dont read about weight loss as I need to be fatten up too, LOL, it is not good either when youre on the other side too....

all I notice is that the more veggies I eat the more thinner I become,

1. profile image36
      sadie louiseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi yes some people are too trhin i could give you tips if you like

8. wesleyacarter profile image58
    wesleyacarterposted 14 years ago

weight loss is a matter of management of time, diet and physical faculties.

here'a few tips for weight loss:

1) Look at the scale everyday! It is counterproductive to avoid the scale, and you can not lose weight unless you are constantly aware of it. Do not become victim to the idea that the number hurts you, you have no time for FEELINGS.

2) Study nutrition. Read Labels. Eating foods that are low in fat is not enough. You must eat foods that promote healthy metabolism and feed muscle. Different foods have different purposes.

3) Timing is important. It is best to eat five meals a day, 2 of them being small snacks. If you wait until you are hungry to eat, your body will conserve as much energy (fat and calories) as it can AND most likely, you will want to eat more. Learn to eat BEFORE you are hungry. This is a win-win situation simply because it negates the Conservation principle and allows you to better control your portions.

4) Muscle is what burns fat. Exercise is important, but it must not be sedentary (on a treadmill) or fixed (the same routine everyday - i.e. group fitness classes). Working out is like reading, your mind will not grow if you are reading the same book every day. You should try something new everytime you work out. This is an important concept for building muscle - and not in the fashion of a body builder. There are deep tissue muscles that can not be seen that are the most important to build for losing weight.

5) If you are trying to lose weight without working out, you better have some good drugs!

9. tina frank profile image57
    tina frankposted 14 years ago

Health! This is the only thing you should consider when the loss weight idea strikes you.

10. sweetjulie profile image60

of course its all about health, losing weight can be hard sometimes

11. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I'm going to tell on myself.  About 12 I lost 30 pounds in 30 days.  didn't change my habits except for not eating fried food. Cook it in a smoker (BBQ smoker).  And taking a pealed, cleaned and frozen ruby red grapefruit and a shot of Southern Comfort, put it in a blender and serve after supper instead of a desert. Great tasting smoothie.  If ya drink a couple of them you sleep right through snack time.
      Eat a regular meal that you can enjoy but eat a grapefruit first. This curbs your appetite and ya then enjoy a good meal.
    Grapefruit are negative calories.  And ya can learn creative ways to enjoy them.

12. profile image0
    Hikikomoriposted 14 years ago

The best thing is to substitute your "problem" foods with good alternatives.

For example, if non-diet soda is being consumed by you often, substitute it with coffee with no sugar added.

My problem foods were cereal, coffee and juice.

I used to eat nearly a box of cereal a day, drink six+ mugs of coffee with 4 or more TBSP of sugar & cream added to each cup and drink a jug of juice a day. I quit eating cereal, quit adding sugar & cream to my coffee and drink juice in moderation.

A year later, I'm 100 pounds lighter.

13. profile image0
    edueckposted 14 years ago

Losing weight is never easy, and if it is then it won't work for long.
    You have to consider your health as well.
    Crash diets don't work in the long run,if you want your weight to stay off.
    We are not all the same what works for one may not work for the next person.
    Here some things that works for every body.
    That is stay away fro junk foods,processed foods and start an exercise program.
    No you don't have to go join a gym, you can start by going for walks.
    In a way this may be best for you if your out of shape.
    You don't want to exert your self when you start to get in shape(that comes later).

1. FredAnthonyGarza profile image60
      FredAnthonyGarzaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great post. It is hard to diet but just keep it basic! follow smaller portions and healthy foods!

14. jessicab profile image59
    jessicabposted 14 years ago

I have joined teambeach body which help me with my weightloss, the have workouts on p90,p90x,hiphop abs.  The results are fast too.

15. sweetjulie profile image60

tanks people

16. slimmingcircle profile image59
    slimmingcircleposted 14 years ago

hi everyone. Im new to hubpages and aim to share with you all over the coming months all my knowledge about weight loss.

17. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I agree with the posters who talked about low glycaemic foods and the cutting out of processed foods from the diet. I wrote a hub about the Atkins Diet (which is essentially a low glycaemic diet)and also another about essential fatty acids. No matter what way you look at it, it seems to be not only the healthiest option, it is THE way to eat, not only for your health, but for your figure.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In 2000, Dr. Atkins developed Cardiomyopathy, an incurable heart condition. It causes heart attacks and though it can be caused by many things, it was probably the lack of Carbohydrates or too much protein.

Cardiomyopathy is a disease of the heart muscle.

18. jparker1014 profile image60
    jparker1014posted 14 years ago

Free report on weight loss and diet scams at www.top10dietmyths.com/free.php?id=11802

19. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

I'm a R.N. and know how you can eat at least 90% of what you like and lose weight-a lot of weight.

If anyone is interested in knowing how, email me. This way you don't have to post here, letting everyone know you have a weight problem.
    If I get enough requests, I will create a hub about it.

I don't want to go through the trouble of creating a hub unless there is interest.

20. sweetjulie profile image60

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

21. Fishing Videos profile image56
    Fishing Videosposted 14 years ago

It's all about calaries, calaries and calaries. Unfortunately, I like my calaries.
    It's too bad the good tasting junk food has high calaries and the boring (vegatables) have low calaries. If it only can be reversed.

22. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

...What works for some, might not work for others. smile

23. Izzy Anne profile image60
    Izzy Anneposted 14 years ago

Knowing how to lose weight hardly ever helps to make you lose weight.

24. aoiffe379 profile image59
    aoiffe379posted 14 years ago

I know that weight loss is possible; and motivation is a key factor. During my college days I had a choice between a circuit of the gymn or writing my own health/physical fitness program for the course.I wrote a program. Although I earned only a C for the program,I lost about five  sizes and attracted some individuals who may not have given me a second look if I was obese. Most of all, I felt great. At that size and with my height,I could have been a model.

In 2009, I began a program again because I am writing a book in an effort to raise funds for someone who needs her eyes evaluated and possibly surgery. I got someone to walk with me.Soon more people in the community were walking for fitness.Then I focused on diet and joined a company with ''well being' products.

At first,I hated to weigh because the scale showed fluctuating weight. I introduced a friend to the products after she noticed my weight loss.She began an exercise-fitness program. One day, because of curiosity, we checked our weight.We had lost pounds.Then my friend began losing inches and could get into clothes she had put away.

During a trip in October,I went shopping with a relative.She told me that if the clothes I chose fit and matched,I could have it.Among the outfits is one that is two sizes smaller than the others.I have a few that are one size smaller; and the scale revealed that I have lost about 45 pounds!That is an average of 5 pounds per month. My diet is mostly vegetarian; but I do eat fish so I am really pescatarian.

25. nbd09 profile image61
    nbd09posted 14 years ago

You need a substantial amount of protein in diet.  Protein is one of the main things that will help you lose weight.  Protein not only keeps you healthy in many ways, its also controls hunger cravings that drive many people to over eating or eating because they are bored.  Lean meats though, not fried, baked is ok too.

26. bozzie123 profile image62
    bozzie123posted 14 years ago

i have a feeling its something to do with losing weight .... not sure lol! im funny wink

27. tal g mel profile image59
    tal g melposted 14 years ago

Input energy must be smaller than output energy

28. Madame Ginger profile image61
    Madame Gingerposted 14 years ago

Forget meat. Be weary of dairy. Go easy on the wheat.

Have three good sized portions of favourite vegetables at lunch and dinner.

Drink green tea as much as you can - often when you think you're hungry you just need fluids.

Eat only whole foods.

Change how you eat for good, not just for weight loss.

You won't go wrong with this Swap Plan...

Breakfast -
    Oatmeal/Sugar Free Museli
    Grapefruit sprinkled with cinammon/ Berries/ Any portion fruit

Lunch -
    Vegetable Soup
    2 slice wholemeal toast/50g wholemeal pasta cooked/2 potatoes topped with tomatoes, mushrooms and onions/ any 3 vegetable portions
    Berries/Any fruit and yoghurt (preferable soya or low fat)

Dinner -
    Miso Soup
    Brown Rice/Wholegrain Pasta cooked with vegetable stock, tsp yeast extract.
    Spinach/Brocoli/ Any leafy green vegetable
    Kidney Beans in tomatoes, chili and garlic/any beans/ lentils
    Baked Apple/stewed or fresh fruit

Supper -
    Stewed or fresh fruit
    Carrot Sticks/ Celery/Cucumber/ Crudites
    Salsa/ Low cal dip

All my best secrets are over here...

http://hubpages.com/profile/Madame+Ginger

Good luck!

1. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never give up on meat, consider: seafood, steak,. Along those lines.. is a great source of protein, and amino acids you skin and bones need. Just eat a great deal of salads, and whole grain foods as well. Along with drinking lots of water and walking, dancing,. To burn it off.

29. nikki1 profile image61
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

Baked french fries is good a great vegetable as well as baked potatoes,.

This is carb.. great to fill you up rather quickly.

30. HealthySolutions profile image61
    HealthySolutionsposted 14 years ago

I agree with most of what's written here. I think if you watch what you eat, exercise regularly, detoxify and stay active, you should be able to cut some weight and maintain it. I know of a lot of people who do really hard (almost impossible) diets, and though some achieve their goal, they find it hard to keep their weight because they go back to their previous eating pattern as soon as the diet is over. Some just can't pull through the diet because they get dizzy or they get headaches, etc.

31. nikki1 profile image61
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

FredanthonyGarza.. you may want to delete your comment from here, before it gets you banned from hubpages. You just spammed this group. Self promoting is subject to banning from the forum/ etc.
    Thanx, frienz4lif

32. profile image49
    melcereroposted 14 years ago

have a goal! nd be motivated! good luck! www.reducingstomachfat.com

33. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Weight loss is when you lose weight! that's all I know, enjoy!

34. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

Hey guys as it happens, I have a website that is for a weightloss program . If anyone is interested, you will find it at this location:

http://pam12821.eliteweightlosspackage.com  at $27.95

I have also just opened up this website and it is a very good program. There are testimonials on it to read as well.

Beautybabe.

35. dan91123 profile image53
    dan91123posted 14 years ago

That without realistic goals and a life change rather than simply going on a "diet" it is much more difficult to ultimately lose the weight and keep it off. And eat your protein and drink your water.

36. sweetjulie profile image60

tanks guys

37. RealEstateHelper profile image61
    RealEstateHelperposted 14 years ago

Take my words don't starve yourself. Eat healthy (high fiber diet/ protein diet/ say no to fats and reduce the carbs) and exercise and don't forget to have lots and lots of water.

38. tal g mel profile image59

I know...

39. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

1. Do not think about food, losing weight, etc. all the time - find other things to worry about, the more the better;
    2. Get busy, to extreme if needed;
    3. Drink lots of water or green tea - no sweeteners;
    4. Never skip meals, especially breakfast, and NEVER go below 1200kcal/day unsupervised by a doctor;
    5. Get to the gym - or at least walk a lot (shopping works too);
    6. Do not keep high calorie food at home - have lots of vegetables instead, and nothing more (you'll have nothing to binge on, if this is the case);

And the main thing:
    DO NOT create diets or follow them!!!

Reasons - they are temporary, they often exclude some groups of food, and they make you think about food all time, thus forcing you to sabotage your own diet.

Of course, I'm presuming you've already forgotten such things as alcohol, doughnuts, eclairs, creamy cakes with icing, deep-fried chips and onion rings, also you do not put sugar in your coffee and your dishes do not shine due to amount of oil on them... Avoiding these should be a habit, and not because you want to lose weight - just for the sake of your health.

40. Alessia Amnesia profile image59
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

I know I'm not good at it lol

41. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

Weight loss is the first in my watch list for maintaining good health. An additional pound means I have to watch my diet and increase my time for exercise to sweat out and to shed off the extra. Thank you.

42. lose weight diet profile image57
    lose weight dietposted 14 years ago

I lost a serious 75 pounds in 3 months just by dropping sugar from my coffee and tea, as well as no fried foods, and totally dropped eating candy bars and drinking softdrinks. I did walk about 2 miles each afternoon to keep fit also. Once I set my mind to the task it seemed easy to acheive my goal and I did use quite a bit of information from the internet to help setup the perimeters of what was good and bad as far as what to eat. You can read more here http://hubpages.com/hub/loseweightdiets

43. drwebb profile image61
    drwebbposted 14 years ago

Use natural supplements to your regime and lose weight even faster.
    http://www.mywinwebpage.com/drwebbswellness

Highly recommended by Physicians because all these supplements are listed in the PDR (Physician's Desk Reference)

44. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

eat a healthy diet, plenty of exercise, particularly walking and love making, the love making is one of the best exercises you can do, arobic and cardi, great for all the main organs especially the heart, start right now and keep fit live longer......

45. Maximum success profile image61
    Maximum successposted 14 years ago

Would you like to subscibe to my newsletter? 10 biggest diet scams revealed...myth vs fact? You could learn quite alot. It is a free subscription?

46. profile image0
    hayesmobposted 14 years ago

Losing weight is simple, the hard part is sticking to the guidelines to do it! Magazines and celeb hyperbole have done a lot of harm with this area, the most simple starting point is to take in less calories than you need to maintain weight!
    Forget low fat, low carb, hi fibre etc, these things are all hugely important for health etc but dont be fooled when the simple equation is calorie deficit

47. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

I know it's not as easy as it used to be!  lol

48. tal g mel profile image59

I  know so much about it...I wrote hub about it:)

49. bestweightlosspla profile image61
    bestweightlossplaposted 14 years ago

weight loss is easy that is something that you need to put in your mind. If you think it is hard then you will find yourself won't make any move in reducing your weight. Proper exercise, diet, and medicine will help much as long as we are careful in choosing them. Beware of acai berry, so many bad talking about it, even many advertisement place such as google adwords not allows people to put advertisement about acai berry

50. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I am the master. What would you like to know?

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're the master, BP?

Dang.

Brought my whip for nothing....lol

Um, not to hijack the thread:  Since Pam hovers around 92 lb. at five-one and I've (at five-eleven) added unnecessary pounds at times but dropped 'em at will to my "usual" 170#...

Our method?  "Forget" to eat....

Love "Biggest Loser", though...but not enough to watch it when it's conflicting with American Idol....

1. tingyi2521 profile image54
        tingyi2521posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well, weight loss is a long and hard journey. But don't give up. Follow your diet plan, I recommend an easy and fast way to lose weight, that is ,drink some Chinese wu yi tea  from 5ktea.

1. tingyi2521 profile image54
          tingyi2521posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well, weight loss is a long and hard journey. Drink some wu yi tea. haah

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)