Are vaccines safe? A rational view from a medical doctor . . .

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 12 years ago

A doctor who has done her own research.
    Please watch this, then I invite your comments . .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAJb01ZiJNk

2. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

Is polio safe? Is smallpox safe? Is diphtheria safe? Is measles safe? Is pertussis safe? Is hepatitis safe? Is influenza safe? Is neonatal tetanus safe?

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Maybe the problem is giving to many of them at once.

4. clairewait profile image69
    clairewaitposted 12 years ago

I couldn't be more frustrated with the "anti-vaxing" trend that is sweeping across America's attachment parents.  "Is polio safe?"  (Thank you.)  "Is small pox safe?"  (Thank you.)  Vaccinations, when used correctly (and by the entire population) have the ability to wipe out certain diseases.  To choose NOT to vaccinate your child, for whatever reasons, is to put someone's infant at risk one day, or to cause a measles outbreak. 

Delayed vaccinations?  Fine.  Spread the shots out if you think your child is going to remember the 6 month old trauma.  But to assume your child is safe because everyone else is vaccinating is pawning off responsibility on others, who didn't ask to be held responsible for you.

1. jennzie profile image71
      jennzieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree- since I was a small kid I've never had any reactions to vaccines, aside from some pain in my arm that lasted for one or two days. And I've never contracted chicken pox, measles, or any of those types of diseases.

While serious reactions to certain vaccinates have been reported, it is very rare. I feel that for most children, receiving the proper vaccinations is vital.

2. againsttheodds profile image60
      againsttheoddsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, I don't know about simple things like the flu vaccine, but I'm sure that if you got bit by a dog without shots that you would wish you had a rabies vaccine.  Same thing  goes for pets, to not have your pet vaccinated is exposing everyone and you should be held highly responsible should anything occur.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

5. Shanna11 profile image77
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

If there even IS such a link between autism and vaccines (not proven, there isn't) would you rather have your child be dead or have autism? Or are you suggesting that it IS better for your children to be dead than to have autism? Because I can guarantee that a resurgence in childhood diseases that vaccines eradicated WILL increase childhood mortality.

Either your child risks autism, or your child risks death. OR if they happen to be one of the lucky ones to survive childhood disease, you can be sure you'll have to explain to them regularly while little Sarah down the street won't ever be able to play with your child again, or while two of her classmates suddenly disappeared from school.

The risk of death from one of those diseases is far higher than any imagined risk from autism or anything else.

sannyasinmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excuse me . .  are you saying that if your child becomes autistic after receiving vaccinations, this is Ok with you?

Ok, because at least he/she is not dead?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obviously if a parent gets her child vaccinated and the child then becomes autistic, it would be heart-rending - but that doesn't mean one caused the other. 

The original study that claimed a link (and caused all the panic) was in 1998.  The anti-vaccine crusaders determinedly ignore the fact that the study was discredited.  Since then, multiple large-scale studies have been conducted, involving hundreds of thousands of children, and none of them has been able to establish a causal relationship.

When a child develops autism, it's natural that the parents want to make sense of it.  Finding something to blame is easier than accepting it's an innate fault in their child - it gives them an outlet for their anger and grief.  That's where all this hysteria comes from.

1. Shanna11 profile image77
          Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You said it very well.

2. Shanna11 profile image77

It would be okay with me, because I would remember that there are NO certifiable scientific studies that prove that vaccines directly cause autism, and that at least I don't have to bury a child (no parent should ever have to do that) because he/she died of a preventable communicable disease.

Incredible . . .

You take a PERFECTLY HEALTHY CHILD, give him a vaccination, after which he becomes severely ill, or even autistic, and that is OK with you. because, well you see, had he not been vaccinated, maybe he would have contracted the disease, and then maybe he would have died... we are talking about a previously healthy child being damaged forever by vaccines . . .

Empirical evidence of the dangers of vaccines, and testimonies from parents, see here . . 
          http://sanevax.org/
          http://vactruth.com
          http://www.nvic.org/
          http://www.informedchoice.info/polio.html

In a compulsory inoculation program, it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the developers, promoters and enforcers to prove safety and efficacy. It should not be incumbent upon the general public to have to prove that vaccines are dangerous. Don't you see this?

1. Shanna11 profile image77

I have so much to say to you, but I can't do it without insulting your intelligence. Since I can't do it politely and you'll never see reason, I'm going to bow out.

2. sannyasinman profile image60

I have one more thing to show you . .
      Now there is official PROOF.

This not BigPharma funded research and opinion, it is a LEGAL COURT RULING. You know very well that to get a judgment in a court of law you need PROOF.

Italian court rules that MMR vaccine caused Autism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ebate.html

You see now don't you, that there is proof that MMR vaccine can cause autism?

6. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 11 years ago

I love how she squints when she can't read the teleprompter. A lot she said was basic science, that makes sense, like the tetanus and the difference between immunity and the presence of antibodies. But then after five minutes it went into this weird half assumptions and jumps in logic, and I just wanted to laugh.

*Deep serious voice* "When that baby is just three days old, just 72 hours old, you put him in a giant steel beast full of plastics with that "dangling fresh car scented thing" and rush him down the highway to your house, to his room with cadmium painted toys, phalate-ridden bottles, and bromine laced clothes, then months later bring him to get a shot that adversely affects 1 in 3,000,000 and its the shot explains why 1 in 160 children are autistic?
    We live in a nitrogen oxide, heavy metal, estrogen-mimicking compound world that we know, know, knowwwww, causes weird crap, and its the vaccines?
    I've been vaccinated. Most other people have. Smallpox, gone. And then she was like "Over 60 percent of the children with mumps had the vaccine!" And I was like, "Soooo... the other 30% were the little petri dishes that mutated!"

SARS? Really? Dude, China barely contained that crap. It killed a tenth of the people who got it because their lungs filled with jelly! I'm glad it didn't make it off the island.
    When has the flu killed that many people? Also, the flu mutates like crazy and has 100 different strains, which is why we can't contain it. Other viruses, not so much, all the more reason to vaccinate, and maintain herd immunity.

Also "vaccine trials are inconclusive" except when they support her!

Oh God, 14:22 she goes "Help us, we're martyrs!" Of course, not ever drug is good. God, it's like a textbook case on errors in logic.

Defeat the 500 billion dollar industry and the biased media with "MAGICAL ORGANIC SPRING WATER VITAMINS!" Jesus, this is great stuff... Autism is social retardation, so what IF VACCINES GIVE YOU ASPERGER'S?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)