jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Internet Mentality in a Nutshell

1. helot profile image75
    helotposted 6 years ago

Write a hub page about curing cancer:

9 hits in 2 days.

Write a hub page about sex:

87 hits in 4 hours.

Make of it what you will, but if you are struggling to get traffic there just put a few key words in your title.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HubPages has sex hubs? neutral

i never read those. there's so many interesting hubs out there, and i just don't find people's sex stories all that interesting.

2. 0
      AdamGDposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you could just write a hub about sex and cancer you know to cover your bases

2. cameron eslin profile image60
    cameron eslinposted 6 years ago

Predictable. Most people will look at the hub about sex because they happen to see it in the title and are curious (and alright, everybody loves reading about sex). To read the hub about cancer, you have to *search* for it because you are already interested by the subject. Many topics and hubs don't get many hits because only ten people want to read about it, and it's not just cancer.

3. fishtiger58 profile image80
    fishtiger58posted 6 years ago

Just goes to show you what the majority of the people want to read. There is more sex going on then cancer ( at least I think there is ) hence more people are interested in sex than cancer.

1. Sean Leong profile image80
      Sean Leongposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can size up a person by knowing what she/he likes to read.

2. Diskobolos profile image60
      Diskobolosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I disagree, it's probably the other way - there is more cancer going on then sex. So people at least want to read about it... and remember how it was with nostalgia.smile

3. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sex is also considerably more fun than cancer smile

4. Gemsong profile image85
    Gemsongposted 6 years ago

As much as I would love the traffic, I can't think of anything about sex I want to write about. wink

I guess I'll just stick to what know. big_smile

1. Simply Untangled profile image80
      Simply Untangledposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hear you. Maybe we should go for a titles like "Not about Sex" or "Sex and more - wont find it here"  big_smile

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

It's not the traffic you're looking for, it's conversions.

The cancer Hub may get less traffic but I bet a higher percentage of it is paying traffic. 

Hubs about sex and photo Hubs of sexy actresses get lots of traffic but readers are coming to look, not to buy. So they earn very badly.