jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do I get traffic?

1. RWC149 profile image62
    RWC149posted 4 years ago

Im writing a Biography:
    I might be 28 yr old jobless bumb, but Ive done things people could only dream of. Part 1. 2002-2007

Wondering How to get more traffic to my site, ive been leaving feedback for others, adding people, following people. What else, my ratings are always over 75

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

keywords SEO keywords SEO keywords SEO... Did I mention keywords and SEO? big_smile

3. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 4 years ago

Write about topics that have a reasonable amount of searches for the keywords you wish to target. If the competition for those keywords is extremely high you might find it difficult to gain rankings and consequently traffic in any great numbers. If the competition is low it might be a signal that the keyword is not that popular amongst searchers, so even by gaining top rankings the traffic produced might not be worthwhile.

The ideal solution is to aim somewhere in-between.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

All the SEO in the word will not help if the material does not have a clear purpose for the reader (e.g. what will they get from it, why would they want to read it? This should be apparent at a glance) and is not easy to digest (e.g. a bit more paragraphing and smoother prose).

1. Peter Hoggan profile image86
      Peter Hogganposted 4 years ago in reply to this

For me, keyword research is about finding out what people are searching for, and the why. It also helps define the language used by the target reader as well as their purpose and goals. Some writers find this level of information indispensable. SEO is not something you should only consider after you write content.

The OP referred to gaining traffic not how to write perfect prose. However, as you say it’s important to consider why people would want to read your content and what they will they get from it. You should also consider what actions you would want people to take while reading it and after reading it - that’s the important part surely.

Just my opinion.