Is it advisable to wait and see if a lender will pursue on a deficiency or should I just BK?

I just completed a short sale on a 80/20 loan. Both lenders did not subject me to signing a promisory note, but their agreement letters in my closing documents make reference to holding me liable to the deficiency. I am unemployed and I live in Oregon to which is an anti- deficiency state. Each bank won't tell me if I'm to expect a 1099C. I'm in limbo now and don't know if I should proceed with a BK or wait and see if they pursue me through collections. The longer I wait the longer I put off getting a BK behind me if that ends up being the case. My credit report shows a charge off on the 2nd.

sort by best latest

wychic profile image80

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says

6 years ago
 |  Comment