jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Is it advisable to start a website especially to promote your articles on Hub pa

1. Stella Kaye profile image90
    Stella Kayeposted 21 months ago

Is it advisable to start a website especially to promote your articles on Hub pages?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 21 months ago

It's something I never thought about when I started my own (now largely defunct) website.  But certainly once I had, I made a link to my hubpages site.

If your website is good, contains really interesting articles, blogs and the like, chances are people will click on the link and go to your Hubs.   Whether you do it especially to promote your articles...well...

My advice would be, "go for it."

Stella Kayeposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Tom

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 21 months ago

Probably not unless you believe you have a massive following of people who would visit your website. Odds are one would do better posting links of their hubs on (established) social media websites.
    (Facebook, LinkedIn-certain groups, Twitter, Pinterest, and the like)
    There is a better chance of people "sharing" your article via social media. Creating your own website is easy.
    The challenge is having people find it!
    Last but not least HP doesn't want your hubs to appear as content on other websites. Therefore you would only be able to provide a link to your specific hub or have it set up in such a way that the reader is automatically brought to HP to read the article.
    Best wishes!

Thank you for the advice!

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 21 months agoin reply to this

You're welcome!

4. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 21 months ago

If I was going to go to the trouble of making my own website then I'd be publishing the content there and keeping all the income. Hubpages is on a downward slide for many years now with no sign of this domain improving.
    Your own website pro you keep all income. Negative getting traffic is  typically tough.
    HubPages pro traffic can be easier to get. Negative split income.

Thanks for the advice. I'm interested in keywords too at the moment and  have just taken a look at your profile which has an article about them so will read your article on that.

working