jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Credit Card payments

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

Has anyone ever had a credit card payment disappear. I have not had a late payment in 20 years now all of a sudden Bank of America seems to of not gotten my payment that was mailed 12 days in advance of the due date.The rest of my payments to other businesses got to their destination just fine and on time.

Do you ever wonder if a payment or two hits the shredder to boost fees?
    This also comes after a love letter stating their new penalty APR will be 35%

1. Peter Owen profile image60
      Peter Owenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What was form of payent? Check?

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
        Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it was a check and is MIA according to my bank

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I have had just one payment disappear.  The first payment on a new card.  Several months later, I found it behind the seats in my car, stamped and ready to be mailed (I always put the mail in the car and swing by the mailbox on the way to work).

3. TattooVirgin profile image61
    TattooVirginposted 5 years ago

WOW thats some weird science

4. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

I actually just got off the phone with them and made a  electronic funds transfer for the missing check. A little stating my case and they removed the late charge and stated that they would not raise the APR,I'll wait and see on that one.I do not trust B of A and I make sure that they get special attention.I will start making payments to a branch office for a while. U.S mail has a 99% on time record so far for all other payments, the 1% just happens to be Bank of America.I had just received the Change in terms notice from them stating the default APR was 35%.If you read your cardholder agreements other creditors can also raise your APR even if you miss payments to another bank,uncorrected and this could cause a serious snowball effect on the four accounts I am paying down. I am  paying the cards down and no longer use them, being a divorced dad in NY is really expensive so it's not easy. I write A LOT of checks and I did actually mail this one.

5. MarloByDesign profile image83
    MarloByDesignposted 5 years ago

Definitely call them and ask them to remove the late charge and finance fee. By law, Bank of America has to waive one late fee per year!

6. juliebooly profile image82
    julieboolyposted 5 years ago

B of A is terrible and they don't give a hoot about customer service. I've asked them to switch my due date several times on my card (so that it's consistent with other cards) and they couldn't care less.

My advice - get an American Express card and use it for everything you can. They typically have better deals and really believe in the customer always being right! I VERY rarely use my B of A cards now!