one2get2no profile image 88

Do you agree that the best form of discipline for kids is fear?

Since I was a child I have seen discipline in schools and children's respect for their parents diminish over time. In many schools the children are rude to their teachers, answer back and don't listen because there are never any consequences for their actions. When I was at school caning or staying behind and writing a 1000 times 'I must not etc' was in force. I was caned in front of the school several times but it didn't alter my psychology at all. I just didn't do it again. I don't believe the psychologists who say that punishment is bad for the kids self belief.

Marilyn Kee profile image82

Marilyn Kee says

• pinapple123 3 years ago

@marilyn " I believe parents should understand & educate their child with courtesy & manners."

I absolutely agree. But they won't be able to do that. Before they educate themselves.

Ciel Clark profile image82

Ciel Clark says

royalblkrose profile image60

royalblkrose says

• CynthiAnn profile image

CynthiAnn 3 years ago

I agree! Fear instills insecurities in children. It does not confirm our love for them, it only manipulates them. We must discipline with love, not fear. Corporal punishment can be used in a way that is not fear-producing though.

Catherine Kane profile image84

Catherine Kane says

• CynthiAnn profile image

CynthiAnn 3 years ago

Very well put! The best teachers to children are their parents. I mean, if you manipulate them with fear, they too will learn to manipulate to get out of punishment. If discipline is shown before love, a child will not develop social skills properly.

CynthiAnn profile image59

CynthiAnn says

59

pinapple123 says

0

oceansider says

0

Starmom41 says