SportsBetter profile image 62

Why do we ask government for help?

The point of The Constitution was to restrain the power of government. Today we want to give more power to the government. Really the more power we give them, the worse things get for the people. I am curious, why are people still looking towards government for solutions? Government solutions cause more problems. The problem isn't the corporations, it is the govt helping the corporations. Corporations are the ones who write the regulations. Corporations benefit from regulations because it eliminates competition, thus all the problems we see. Then govt explains, we need more regulations.

Ms Dee profile image86

Deidre Shelden (Ms Dee) says

• SportsBetter profile image

SportsBetter 4 years ago

Do you feel like we we accept socialism more today?

ChitrangadaSharan profile image83

Chitrangada Sharan (ChitrangadaSharan) says

• SportsBetter profile image

SportsBetter 4 years ago

It isn't the federal governments job to help us find jobs, provide welfare. If anything it is up to the individual or at the very most state government.

sethpowers profile image78

sethpowers says

IDONO profile image82

IDONO says

• SportsBetter profile image

SportsBetter 4 years ago

Yep, and they aren't the first government to do it. I think it sounds more like robbing peter, keeping most of the money, and giving a small portion to Paul. Seems like it's working, ha!.

Dr Billy Kidd profile image90

Dr Billy Kidd says

Ella Quirk profile image84

Ella Quirk says

• SportsBetter profile image

SportsBetter 4 years ago

The regulations are written by the corporations to eliminate competition. The real monopoly is is government helping big business. Government looks out for their pockets not the public. Welfare creates more people to be dependent.

Why Do We Ask Government For Help62

Why Do We Ask Government For Help

|  2 comments
  • SportsBetter profile image

SportsBetter 4 years ago

My Response to Dr Billy Kidd was too long, So I turned it into a hub. Check it out on the link above.

nikki_m profile image83

nikki_m says

• SportsBetter profile image

SportsBetter 4 years ago

Interesting, I feel we are moving to the nanny state as well. People are taught that they are entitled to these services. Your right we are taking less responsibility, but I feel the govt forces it on us. They want our tax money.