jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Wow! Do you think the UN would pass resolution like that about Jesus?

1. JSChams profile image61
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/25/e … -muhammad/

Someone wants to make a ban on insults to Mohammed. Jesus looks on with interest.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Anyone can introduce an idea.  But in a forum that requires unanimous consensus, it won't pass.

3. JSChams profile image61
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

Don't bet on it.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

$100 on the nose, even odds.

JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No i don't wager on these things. It likely won't pass but it will be close.
        And of course any idea you could pass a resolution like that about Jesus....well....

1. psycheskinner profile image80
          psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't pass any religious edict through a diverse group requiring a unanimous vote.  You can however have free speech.  I am sure enough about that *to* bet on it.  I'll even give you ten to one odds.

4. A Troubled Man profile image61
    A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago

From the link...

"...several leaders of mostly Muslim nations are suggesting that the world body consider sanctions on blasphemy...

What started as the U.S. government’s refusal to understand or even name the enemy for fear of causing offense may soon metastasize into a cowed submission to Shariah — all in the name of “keeping the peace,” of course."

Of course, the hypocrisy of it all is quite obvious...

"Private individuals using their own time and resources to verbally abuse a religion is not a crime against humanity, as silly or hateful as it may be — hurting and killing people because of their religious beliefs is a crime against humanity. "

JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That was why I originally said I wouldn't bet on it because political correctness is now becoming more important than common sense.

working