jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Democrat policies emptying California

1. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government … nstability

This is sad because I was hoping the left would set up their little test utopia there for us to observe. Looks like it's already working.

1. Xenonlit profile image60
      Xenonlitposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You don't know anything about California! We just smacked Michelle Bachmann out of here and we have cities with bigger economies than whole nations.    We send money to the backward right wing  welfare states, too.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Interesting that California has had more Republican governors than Democrat.
    Interesting that our most recent governor, best known as "The Terminator" presided over the majority of the years in this study. He is generally considered, in conservative circles, the worst governor in the state's history.
    Interesting that, in a rather parallel situation to the federal government, the huge mess we're in is now being cleaned up by -- a Democrat.

All that being said, we are over regulated, for sure.
    We need public pension reform desperately.
    And, we need our housing market -- severely hit by the recession -- to rebound.
    But, as the article points out, we're not drying up like the Rust Belt.

On the whole, do we mind having a negative immigration status? Heck no!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Go … California

3. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

California would be a real good place to just give to the Progressives and let them make it another nation altogether. i mean they already have it ruined. That's why the mass exodus. I used to think I wanted to go there but I grew up. It's a shame.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That idea has been suggested many times before.
      It would actually be much better for CA not to have to subsidize the "taker" red states.
      You'd miss us a heck of a lot more than we would ever, ever miss you.