jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Remembering Flight 93

1. 0
    mbuggiehposted 3 years ago

From the National Park Service: "On Tuesday morning, September 11, 2001, the U.S. came under attack when four commercial airliners were hijacked and used to strike targets on the ground. Nearly 3,000 people tragically lost their lives. Because of the actions of the 40 passengers and crew aboard one of the planes, Flight 93, the attack on the U.S. Capitol was thwarted."

Lest we forget. It is, after all, "We the people."

2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

"Okay, lets roll".  One of the greatest moments for America and, more importantly, for individual Americans.  Whether as a country or as individuals, we can rise above our petty squabbles and act; if that action costs us our lives, so be it. 

I remember that day clearly and of all the heroic actions performed that terrible day, those of a handful on flight 93 tops the list.

Thank you for the reminder.

1. 0
      mbuggiehposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.

I visited the Flight 93 site many years ago---not too long after the 9/11 attack. I was deeply moved by the hand-written messages that visitors had inscribed on a simple metal guardrail that acted as a barrier to the crash site; deeply moved by  the small and personal  things---flags, hats, toys, flowers, notes and cards, that people had left in this place.

No matter what our differences, we prevailed on 9/11 because Americans were willing to give their lives to protect the destiny that is ours.

1. 0
        Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for posting this.