jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Remembering Past Lives : Are The Memories Real?

1. vveasey profile image84
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

Remembering Past Lives : Are The Memories Real?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6854082_f260.jpg

2. CR Rookwood profile image84
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

That's a great question. I don't know. I think, under hypnosis, it's always suspect. But I 'remember' places and situations just as I am falling asleep, and sometimes dream about them. They don't seem like places I've ever been, but maybe I'm wrong. I've asked other people about this and it seems somewhat common--so I hope somebody smarter than me has an answer! I'd like to know too.

vveaseyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

CR thanks for commenting I hope someone has an answer too.

3. profile image0
    theexorcistposted 5 years ago

Great question. In Taoism theory of the "cycle of life", there is a past life but then it is not like how the Buddhist or most people think it is. Your past life could be just a life in another realm and not the same world here. In Taoism's theory of the cycle of life as explained here:

http://www.worldbestexorcist.com/Cycle-of-Life.php

You can see that we talk about the cycle from the two realms on planet earth. This is our Taoist theory and it is proven to be right with our own experience in doing the exorcism for people and all the spiritual encounter. Hard to put it in words here for short, but I just wanted to share my knowledge in case you wanted to know.

Pretty interesting

4. Recently Awakened profile image62
    Recently Awakenedposted 5 years ago

Sometimes they are real. Sometimes they are not. It all depends upon the circumstances in which they are attained.

hmmmm I see!

5. becauseilive profile image89
    becauseiliveposted 5 years ago

I've never really had any past life memories (aka "spontaneous recall"), but the idea of reincarnation makes a lot of sense to me, and I have had past life dreams. I wrote about the possibility of past life dreams being real in a hub a few years back. It's http://becauseilive.hubpages.com/hub/Re … ife-Dreams  in case you're interested!

Basically, past life dreams differ from regular dreams and memories because they have historical detail, they are logical and sequential, and you don't look the same as you do in present day (for example, you may look down at your body and see yourself in old-fashioned boots or attire).

The only past life recall I've experienced while awake was during a visit to the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. Of course the whole museum is extremely saddening, but there is a part where you walk through a cattle car and I just did NOT want to go in and go through it. I'm not claustrophobic; there was no logical explanation for my feelings. When I finally did walk through, I felt intense sadness, anxiety, and despair...I could FEEL myself as a young girl crammed in the corner of the train car, lost and afraid, and being transported to a concentration camp. I'm not Jewish, and I wasn't alive during World War II, so I've never ACTUALLY had that experience, yet it felt real.  I wonder: Was this a past life memory? Or was it just an extreme case of empathy?

Interesting!

Some people are sensitive enough to feel or experience the intense impressions made or left on an room, a space or an area.

6. ocoy profile image72
    ocoyposted 5 years ago

Dr. Morris Netherton, founder of Past Lives Therapy, has found that people can be helped by the therapy whether they believe in past lives or not. It may seem that the mind is "making stuff up," but through the images the mind produces, solutions are found for the problems one is working on.

He himself when he was developing the technique remembered certain past lives which seemed iffy to him. But he later he visited Germany, the place of this particular life he remembered, and then visited the area connected with his memory. He then remembered exact places he had been in that life, and the very spot where he had died. So the clarity of a memory is not always an indicator of its veracity.

working