jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (20 posts)

People's Republic of China Exposes US Human Rights Abuses

1. Comrade Joe profile image85
    Comrade Joeposted 3 years ago

The State Council Information Office of the People's Republic of China has published a report titled "Human Rights Record of the United States in 2013".

In this a host of human rights abuses are highlighted, they include but are not limited to state murder, torture, inhumane prisons, racist policing, widespread sexual assaults in the military and use of child labour.  The claims are backed up by statistical data and a host of evidence.

Two questions spring to mind, who will police the self appointed world police?  And can someone remind me why North Korea needs invading? 

The sound of a massive glass house shattering. 

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china … 150579.htm

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Naw - that house shattered long ago, at least to anyone that does not put themselves on a pedestal (or a soapbox).  Only the self appointed "Guardians of world morality" are willing to set themselves up that way - the rest of us know better.

2. maxoxam41 profile image77
      maxoxam41posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to the Land of the Free! Finally the truth about our country! The Land of the Corrupt and Exploiter.

1. Silverspeeder profile image61
        Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

For one country who executes thousands of criminals each year (5000 in 2009) it seems a bit hypocritical to say the least to mention other countries human rights records.

Comrade Joeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I assume you have the same attitude when the US lectures others on human rights too then.

Absolutely.

I would say that anyone who has anything to do with lecturing on human rights should look to themselves first.

Doesn't everybody do that?  Fix their own "violations" (according to how other countries think it should be done) before complaining? sad

I suppose its all according which nation you look at.

Here in the UK it may be the case that saying no to someone who wants to eat your slice of cake may mean you are breaking their human rights. (sarcasm)

It does seem that I have the right to do whatever I wish, while everyone else only has the right to do what I wish them to do, doesn't it?  Odd how that works out so very well. roll

2. Silverspeeder profile image61

I do when they talk about other countries human rights records. But then China are the leaders when it comes to human rights abuses isn't it.
            There must be some political manoeuvring coming up somewhere, maybe China is seeking a bigger share of the worlds markets so is trying to promote itself as a champion of human rights!

Everybody points a finger at China. We know that it doesn't respect human rights. What we don't know is that those so-called democracies like the US are as much violating rights as China.

3. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The US has always paraded around the world telling others that their affairs are out of order while the whole time a long stream of unresolved issues about its own behavior is outstanding. Wrongful executions have always been swept under the rug as innocent people are caught up in a justice system that rewards those with the means to a "fair" trial. Even when in many cases DNA evidence can offer pause to a wrongful conviction a high spirited and politically motivated DA fight tooth and nail to refuse such evidence in for review. That's why the US should work on itself before it points its fingers at others.

4. profile image83
      Education Answerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Who is talking about invading North Korea?   Is it President Obama, John McCain, Mitt Romney, John Kerry, or is it people who just like to ring an alarm bell and claim that America is planning an attack?   Let's hear some names.

Human rights have eroded in America.  The Patriot act hastened the erosion of our rights and freedom, and President Obama's expansion of the act furthered our loss.  Still, I find it rich that you are referencing a report that was completed by China.  Shall we discuss China's human-rights violations?  If you want to talk about glass houses, you really shouldn't cite a human-rights study conducted by China.  It's kind of like referencing a report on human rights that was conducted by Hitler's regime.

Comrade Joeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And there goes any shred of credibility when referring to Hitler, desperation.

1. wmhoward4 profile image79
          wmhoward4posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Did Communist China have a disclaimer that says "WE are sorry for doing all the above at a rate of 100 times that of the US."?

Will they ever admit what evil they committed at Tien Amen Square?

Wthey they ever lose there place in the Guiness Book of World Records for the most murders by any government of its own people?
          AS to North Korea, if someone did invade them, maybe that new country would prevent all the starvation and cannibalism that comes from the communist/dictator way of government.

1. maxoxam41 profile image77

Did the US apologize for the Native Americans (I won't use Indians), the Vietnemese, the Japanese...? The death of Kennedy and other political figures that aimed at the destabilization of the comfortable establishment? And so, and so...
            And let me guess, aren't we the best to invade. However poverty and malnourishment do exist in America or will you flush it?

2. profile image83

lol

You didn't answer the question, did you?  Let's hear some of those names.  Who is talking about invading North Korea?

You're using China as a source for studies about human rights?  That's desperation.

1. profile image83

Third time asking for names. . .

Hitler's regime that was supported by Zionists, right?

1. profile image83

Your response seems wildly off topic.  Your statement is wildly wrong.  Zionists did not support Hitler.

working